sector takeover for a faction

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Halpog
x4

sector takeover for a faction

Post by Halpog » Sat, 27. Nov 21, 21:08

is there any mod that let me takeover a sector for any faction ? i mean i can take over a sector for me.. but not for lets say argons or teladis ....
is there a mod out to cover this ?

Manawydn
x4

Re: sector takeover for a faction

Post by Manawydn » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 03:22

Ah CheatMenu, and Recycle Stations and Ships

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/72

CheatMenu - Relevant part is that you can blow up stations with a command, supply them with wares. Especially helpful if you want to build+sell to a faction without waiting for traders to handle the build storage.

Recycle Ships and Stations is what's most important here. Comm your manager, sell the station to faction, ensure station has an admin module on it if you want them to take over the sector. Likewise, you also need to ensure that there are no contenders, so no other faction's admin modules, or shipyards can be in that system/sector. This includes your own admin modules as well. Ai will build up the rest on their own as dictated by the jobs.xml file, and is dependent on Galaxy/Sector/Region, or something to that effect.

I do this with Terrans alot. Build+sell excess stations to keep my clutter down in the UI. I tend to keep it simple though, they have difficulty figuring out a self-sustaining megafab shipyard. They can maintain them, but they have difficulty doing so. I handle all my mid-late game solar needs by building huge solar fields and selling them off to TER. Same with any extra def stations, and an extra shipyard/wharf AIO. If you keep your builds similar to vanilla builds, ai will have no issues (eventually) assigning a trader/miners to the station. You can go big and they will do okay, just not complex unless you are willing to manage half of their mega-station's needs for them.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 11:42

thnx. its good to know that the AI goes on with the station i sold to them at all :)
thought so far that when i change the faction for a station via cheatmenue its just there and nothing happens anymore with it :)

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Tue, 14. Dec 21, 23:48

My Terrans do well with anything simple, a simple Computronics substrates fab with only 1-3 modules for production, a basic equipment dock vanilla replica, a medium-sized shipyard/wharf all-in-one. I'm trying to figure out how to get them to build more trade stations, but not much can be done there other than ensuring that they own every sector they can get (instead of my ownership) and that it is not contested, and so I need to make sure I don't have any admin modules in that sector.

I find that factions have difficulty building specialized buildings in "Contested" sectors, even if it's contested with an ally. Make sure your favored faction is the sole-owner, and for quite a while before determining whether or not they are getting a special building in that sector through their own logic.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”