Modded game - aux ships not working correctly for me

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Manawydn
x4

Modded game - aux ships not working correctly for me

Post by Manawydn » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 04:23

I got a bunch of mods in my game, so I'm posting here instead of tech support. It's a pretty standard VRO build with the more popular ship mods like SVE and ROR. I doubt that a mod it's self is causing the issue, most likely user-input on my end is incorrect. The long and short of it is that I use both Terran and Commonwealth ships/loadouts, and so my Aux ships will gather materials from both supply chains. They don't really seem to use the commonwealth materials much, mostly just missile components on the Terran side (Microlattice, Ecells, Carbide). The Aux ships that I see tend to run low on Ecells fast, and the one I was keeping the closest eye on still had 2k ecells in it's hold. What is happening, is that the Aux ships are queuing up orders with the fleet for "change equipment". It may also be drone related, since Terrans use the same materials for everything. I'm wondering if my CW-CommonWealth ships are not smart enough to make/use drones out of Terran equipment, or if there is something else going on. Running a quick google search I saw issues with AUX ships in the 4.0 build, but it was addressed.

The short-term bandaid is to simply remove them from fleet, set to hold position, move them away, get supplies, come back once supplied.

I don't want to manually do that whenever I see a fleet+aux loop happening, and I am far away from any allies who can easily supply these 2 fleets, so assigning traders to them is a no-go.

Default construction settings are set to Terran. Wondering if 2 aux, each having their own material would be a good fix, but still, if it's an issue with them not having enough supply, then they should be "smart" enough to know that they can't fill that order and move on.

The loop is keeping the same ship "stuck" and docked on the Aux. They are not cycling between eachother, just queuing up and docking wherever possible.
Most of my fleet does this in some way or another. The L-XL are most noticable, S and M seem to be okay, or are simply too easy to miss for me to have spotted it yet.

Has anyone else run in to similar issues, if so, what did they do to fix it?

Edit: I can't even instruct my Aux ships to use exclusively one build-method or the other, so they have to use both TER and CW materials

Edit2: I do have ROR's Valhalla, it is classified as a Battleship, but uses the Aux icon, and has the "get supplies" command, but doesn't really seem capable of using it. It is attempting to resupply my aux ship. Maybe both are out of drones?
--The Valhalla does not have any cargo drones. However, the Aux ships do, and also, if it has aux capability, should it not be able to produce it's own drones? Or at least one of the aux ships transferring some drones.

Hmm even still, all my other ships are getting stuck on the Honshu/Aux, not the Fleet Lead Battleship Valhalla.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Modded game - aux ships not working correctly for me

Post by euclid » Wed, 24. Nov 21, 19:01

I'm not sure what the problem was but I once had a similar case where a ship's captain kept trying to dock to change equipment. I had fitted the ship with my choice of equipment (mix of several races). Either it was the ship or the captain (both Teladi) that caused the problem. Sorry for not being more specific here.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Manawydn
x4

Re: Modded game - aux ships not working correctly for me

Post by Manawydn » Sun, 28. Nov 21, 03:56

Yo so check it out lol. I restarted my game, this time TER materials only. Solved the Aux problem for me. Now it's the Tokyo problem. Ships stuck on docking queue. Won't move/leave untill everyone and everything is docked, which takes about an hour. Every other carrier in game takes, maybe 10-15 minutes for a Recall Subs to work out naturally. Also, seems to be affecting the whole fleet, not just the Tokyo. I think I know the cause.

Everything stuck on Recall Subordinates (due to the above issue).

"Trazyn,’ warned Orikan, ‘immortality aside, my time is valuable."

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”