Help in Adding New Sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DARCA1213
x4

Help in Adding New Sectors

Post by DARCA1213 » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 05:33

I am losing my mind trying to figure out how to add new sectors to the game. I have looked at code from Xpanded sectors mod, deadairgate overhaul, and even the ossnian raider mod. I still cannot understand why my game is crashing. :evil:
Is there a tutorial I can look at or a resource? Or even a general rule to follow on specific lines to edit or how to even read how the files relate to each other.
This is one of the last items I need to mod for a "Vanilla +" overhaul mod I plan to release soon.
DARCA ;)

Dr Reed
x4

Re: Help in Adding New Sectors

Post by Dr Reed » Mon, 22. Nov 21, 11:58

Yeah, adding sectors can be a bit at fustrating at first as there doesn't seem to be any detailed tutorials. Well i couldn't find any.

I've never had the game crash whilst trying to mod the galaxy, only stuff spawning in the wrong place or not at all.
Even spent about a week headbuting the keyboard trying to get something to work then discovered i had used a ' instead of a " in one of the files .

If it helps, i have made a sector add on mod, New Horizons/Old Lands which you can download and pull to bits. It's on this forum further down the page. Most of the files in the mod have comments in them which say what they do and how they relate to other files. It's by no means a tutorial but it might help.

DARCA1213
x4

Re: Help in Adding New Sectors

Post by DARCA1213 » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 06:36

Dr Reed wrote:
Mon, 22. Nov 21, 11:58
Yeah, adding sectors can be a bit at fustrating at first as there doesn't seem to be any detailed tutorials. Well i couldn't find any.

I've never had the game crash whilst trying to mod the galaxy, only stuff spawning in the wrong place or not at all.
Even spent about a week headbuting the keyboard trying to get something to work then discovered i had used a ' instead of a " in one of the files .

If it helps, i have made a sector add on mod, New Horizons/Old Lands which you can download and pull to bits. It's on this forum further down the page. Most of the files in the mod have comments in them which say what they do and how they relate to other files. It's by no means a tutorial but it might help.
Pleased to meet you kind Sir, lol. I have looked through your mod and it had helped enormously in understanding what constitutes a new index reference and the zone/sector/cluster connections. Someone on reddit posted this btw and it is the only guide on this it seems, it works for 4.1 still also, just had to tweak the new universe still to add to an existing galaxy.https://github.com/enenra/x4modding/wik ... e-Creation
DARCA ;)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”