Flipping/selling your trade stations to npc faction

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Manawydn
x4

Flipping/selling your trade stations to npc faction

Post by Manawydn » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 03:14

Has anyone done this and seen results? Will the NPCs use those stations as trade stations? I notice that they will allow for buy/sell if I flip ownership and already have it set up along with wares in the station, but my question is more about what happens if they run out of said ware, or are simply empty?

What I want to do is create some more trade stations for my ever-expanding Terran economy, and give them over to the NPCs to help clear my UI's clutter and let them handle the micromanagement. Free-trading npcs will always be around in some form or another to keep some level of stock going with the station, so the question is whether or not npcs retain the settings you have for stations? I did a little experiment with a build station mission going the vanilla-route, albeit still in my modded game. I added a habitat of each race to the building, but once it was turned over, there were no orders to buy any med supply or food. I'm thinking this is in part because Terran defense stations don't have workforce or missiles, so they aren't scripted to worry about anything. Now the question is whether or not they can "takeover" a station that is set up to trade all terran wares and keep it more or less running if a ware or multiple wares drop to zero in amount held.

Manawydn
x4

Re: Flipping/selling your trade stations to npc faction

Post by Manawydn » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 03:54

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 20. Nov 21, 03:47
It is done here, NPCs use the stations
So, to be more clear, if I set the buy/sell of a ware, and then give it over, the NPCs will honor that list, even if ware amount drops to zero?

I want more Orbital Supply Bases and Orbital Logistics Docks :D

DARCA1213
x4

Post by DARCA1213 » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 05:38

Manawydn wrote:
Sat, 20. Nov 21, 03:54
Shuulo wrote:
So, to be more clear, if I set the buy/sell of a ware, and then give it over, the NPCs will honor that list, even if ware amount drops to zero?

I do not believe so...if it drops to zero, or wares outside of the races parameters e.g soja husk. I have used the mod and trade stations are in a different category than player factories. I know if you sell shipyards however, they use them and equipment docks. But I have not sold a trade station yet to know for sure.
DARCA ;)

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 10:29

Manawydn wrote:
Shuulo wrote:

I think they manage it themselves

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Sun, 21. Nov 21, 02:16

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 20. Nov 21, 10:29
Manawydn wrote:
Shuulo wrote:

I just don't see them building any outside of the pre-establised Bases/Docks that are generated at gamestart. I'm not talking about rebuilding destroyed ones, I mean building new ones in newly conquered sectors. There "should" be a trade station in every "region" of the galaxy, so it might be mod related, or it might be "Terran just don't build more trade-station archetypes outside of what they already got"

Like for example, if I wipe out all of ANT space, and TER takes it over, shouldn't they build at least one trade station in The Void? I say The Void because an ANT one existed there at game start. It is gone, and so are the Antigone for that matter. Bad neighbors and all that. But anyways, would TER build one in it's place within The Void, or would TER build a trade station somewhere nearby? How does that logic work is what I need to know, so I can figure out if I am even capable of nudging them in that direction, or if their set list of available "trade stations" is only available in certain regions etc. I would like to nudge my Terran allies across the map if possible, and I can always create more opportunity by selling them EQ docks, Wharfs, or Shipyards to fill, but the trade station is pretty important for keeping a local region topped off with goods, so I'm trying to understand the faction logic behind it.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 21. Nov 21, 02:26

Manawydn wrote:
Sun, 21. Nov 21, 02:16
Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 20. Nov 21, 10:29
Manawydn wrote:

I just don't see them building any outside of the pre-establised Bases/Docks that are generated at gamestart. I'm not talking about rebuilding destroyed ones, I mean building new ones in newly conquered sectors. There "should" be a trade station in every "region" of the galaxy, so it might be mod related, or it might be "Terran just don't build more trade-station archetypes outside of what they already got"

Like for example, if I wipe out all of ANT space, and TER takes it over, shouldn't they build at least one trade station in The Void? I say The Void because an ANT one existed there at game start. It is gone, and so are the Antigone for that matter. Bad neighbors and all that. But anyways, would TER build one in it's place within The Void, or would TER build a trade station somewhere nearby? How does that logic work is what I need to know, so I can figure out if I am even capable of nudging them in that direction, or if their set list of available "trade stations" is only available in certain regions etc. I would like to nudge my Terran allies across the map if possible, and I can always create more opportunity by selling them EQ docks, Wharfs, or Shipyards to fill, but the trade station is pretty important for keeping a local region topped off with goods, so I'm trying to understand the faction logic behind it.
Factions dont build new tradestations, wharfs, shipyards, equipment docks and pirate stations at all, they can only rebuild those as limit for them is set per faction in scripts. Factions can only build regular production stations.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”