question regarding resources for a shjip wharf

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Halpog
x4

question regarding resources for a shjip wharf

Post by Halpog » Sat, 13. Nov 21, 22:11

hi all.
we all know, there is a bunch of resources we need for a ship wharf .

my question now is , is there a way to create a factory that lets say produce " ship parts" and that this factory needs all the resources a ship wharf needs atm.
and to change the ship wharf resource need to this particular "ship part" resource ?

or at least to combine the resources somehow a wharf needs ?
example like this :

hullparts, shield parts, engine parts ,elektronics = ship parts and than have weapon parts, rocket parts, and other stuff together and let it be weapon parts some stuff like this

so that a wharf at the end needs only 4-5 resources, not 16 or 19 different ones ?
and that even AI factions using this way ?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: question regarding resources for a shjip wharf

Post by euclid » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 14:23

So essentially you intend to redesign the entire economy by removing several products (which are resources), the associated moduls/factories, adjust the corresponding wares, shopping lists etc. ? That will be a major modding project and I'm not sure any one is willing to take that on.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Halpog
x4

Re: question regarding resources for a shjip wharf

Post by Halpog » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 15:17

euclid wrote:
Wed, 17. Nov 21, 14:23
So essentially you intend to redesign the entire economy by removing several products (which are resources), the associated moduls/factories, adjust the corresponding wares, shopping lists etc. ? That will be a major modding project and I'm not sure any one is willing to take that on.

Cheers Euclid
no, not removing any product
ok example : right now a wharf needs 19 products to build 1 ship ....including the COH materials.

example : weapon parts, shield parts, hullparts and so on ...lets say i wanna create a factory that produce ship parts and needs as ressource : weapon parts, hullparts,shieldparts, scannin arrays and so on .
so the shipwharf wont bneed them anymore, but instead needs " ship parts" as ressource ....
so basicaly put all the 19 diffenrent ressources right now, into a groub of 4 different ones, and let a ship wharf only use this 4 ones.

its not a mega project or something
i need only someone who can help me create 4 factorys with the model of hullpart factory,shield factory,claytronics factory, and the teladanium factory.
and let them produce the following materials :
the hullpart factory produce the ship parts factory , the shield parts produce ship electronic parts ,the clay tronics factory produce ship ammunation parts . and the teladanium factory produce ship support parts .

editzing the ressources they need i can do myself, thats np.i just need the factorys to be done as a unpacked mod and that even AI can use them
and i need someone who can edit the ship yards , so that the ship yards only needs : ship parts, ship eletronic parts, ship ammunation parts, and ship support parts to produce a ship
because thats stuff, i cant do because my knowledge stopps at editing the ressources already :P

about shopping lists, no idea i cant say if its hugh or not

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”