Sector Income/Maintenance Mod request

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Falcrack
x4

Sector Income/Maintenance Mod request

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 26. Oct 21, 02:07

I have a hopefully doable mod request for someone who has the skills. I would like a mod that grants a certain amount of credits per hour for each sector owned, perhaps 1 million credits, but the amount could be configurable.

Another mod I would like would be something that collects a maintenance fee from my player account every hour based on a percentage (maybe 2 percent, but it could be configurable) of my total ship and station value, which is a stat visible Under "Player Information" under the "Empire" tab.

With these two mods, I would have both a source of income for being a sector owner who does not need to trade with other empires, and I would also have limitations to the size of my fleets which are based on the total value of my assets. It would go a long way to help make X4 a more 4X type game.

Shuulo
x4

Re: Sector Income/Maintenance Mod request

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 26. Oct 21, 02:37

I suggest to use maintanace mod from kuertee (don't remember exact name) and Getting Paid. Those combined give a bit of more things to think about.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 26. Oct 21, 02:48

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 26. Oct 21, 02:37
I suggest to use maintanace mod from kuertee (don't remember exact name) and Getting Paid. Those combined give a bit of more things to think about.
The maintenance mod from kuertee is called Wear and Tear. It requires crew on ships in order to prevent damage over time to ships. Paired with Getting Paid, it simulates maintenance costs for ships, which is fine. However, this does not simulate any costs associated with owning stations, and I have some issues with that mod, namely how sometimes the mod causes ships with a tiny amount of wear and tear to spontaneously fly to a dock without my input. My preference would just be a flat percentage of total ship and station value. Also, there still is no mod that I know of which grants an income from sector ownership.

I want to be a faction unto myself, hostile to all other factions, and if I had to pay ship/station maintenance fees without the ability to earn income via trade, or income from sector ownership via a mod, I would go bankrupt.

The idea of the mods I proposed was to make it so that there is a soft limit to the amount of ships and stations I can afford to maintain, based upon how many sectors I have claimed.

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Wed, 3. Nov 21, 10:53

Falcrack wrote:
Tue, 26. Oct 21, 02:48
Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 26. Oct 21, 02:37
The maintenance mod from kuertee is called Wear and Tear. It requires crew on ships in order to prevent damage over time to ships. Paired with Getting Paid, it simulates maintenance costs for ships, which is fine. However, this does not simulate any costs associated with owning stations, and I have some issues with that mod, namely how sometimes the mod causes ships with a tiny amount of wear and tear to spontaneously fly to a dock without my input. My preference would just be a flat percentage of total ship and station value. Also, there still is no mod that I know of which grants an income from sector ownership.

I want to be a faction unto myself, hostile to all other factions, and if I had to pay ship/station maintenance fees without the ability to earn income via trade, or income from sector ownership via a mod, I would go bankrupt.

The idea of the mods I proposed was to make it so that there is a soft limit to the amount of ships and stations I can afford to maintain, based upon how many sectors I have claimed.
What you want is Joubarbe's Mayhem 3 mod for X3AP to be recreated in X4. I want that too..

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 4. Nov 21, 04:46

Manawydn wrote:
Wed, 3. Nov 21, 10:53
What you want is Joubarbe's Mayhem 3 mod for X3AP to be recreated in X4. I want that too..
I would like that very much actually. But Joubarbe seems to have a thing against X4, so I don't see him turning his attention to it anytime soon.

DARCA1213
x4

Post by DARCA1213 » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 05:47

Falcrack wrote:
Tue, 26. Oct 21, 02:07
I have a hopefully doable mod request for someone who has the skills. I would like a mod that grants a certain amount of credits per hour for each sector owned, perhaps 1 million credits, but the amount could be configurable.

Another mod I would like would be something that collects a maintenance fee from my player account every hour based on a percentage (maybe 2 percent, but it could be configurable) of my total ship and station value, which is a stat visible Under "Player Information" under the "Empire" tab.

With these two mods, I would have both a source of income for being a sector owner who does not need to trade with other empires, and I would also have limitations to the size of my fleets which are based on the total value of my assets. It would go a long way to help make X4 a more 4X type game.
OP you are looking for this. https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/428
With the other mods you should be ok to live out your dream. Lol
DARCA ;)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”