Adding gimbal main weapons to L ships?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Aranov
x4

Adding gimbal main weapons to L ships?

Post by Aranov » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 18:32

Hi, long story short so I'm attempting to add gimbal, or rotating weapons that follow the mouse cursor for an L sized ship, similar to M and S ships are able to use.
Went through the files and did some tests and I can't seem to figure out what defines for the engine that the weapons should follow the cursor.

Long story:
Spoiler
Show
Attempting to use the BC-304 mod from the Nexus, that adds said ship from Stargate. Love the ships appearance, however it simply sits and stares at any cap ship I've ordered it to attack, letting itself be bombarded. Doesn't even fire it's main guns, the Asgard Plasma Beams. I believe this is due the shape of the ship and layout of the guns. Seeing as in the show the Beams would often be fired at an angle, rather then straight ahead as L weapons in X4 are, I hoped that by making the weapons gimbaled it would solve the problems.
Whoops, wrong forum. Mods, can you move this?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Adding gimbal main weapons to L ships?

Post by Nanook » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 19:41

Per your request.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Shuulo
x4

Re: Adding gimbal main weapons to L ships?

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 23:45

Aranov wrote:
Thu, 14. Oct 21, 18:32
Hi, long story short so I'm attempting to add gimbal, or rotating weapons that follow the mouse cursor for an L sized ship, similar to M and S ships are able to use.
Went through the files and did some tests and I can't seem to figure out what defines for the engine that the weapons should follow the cursor.
its the weapon component, find parts called roatator or socket and it shouold have rotation limits.
Vanilla destroyer weapon - check them for guidance.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”