Should I play with Faction Enhancer (3rd Party Mod) in 4.1?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DragonEye501
x3ap

Should I play with Faction Enhancer (3rd Party Mod) in 4.1?

Post by DragonEye501 » Wed, 6. Oct 21, 20:28

Thinking coming back to do a fresh run. Is Faction Enhancer still required for aggressive wars?

Halpog
x4

Re: Should I play with Faction Enhancer (3rd Party Mod) in 4.1?

Post by Halpog » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 13:43

169 ppl read it.. 168 ppl dont have a keyboard to answer a damn question ?
what is wrong with this community here ?
typing is not prefered or ?

u can play with faction enchancer u have to try to be honest, if the changes it made, and the influence it has, fit your needs and what u wanted to get .
for me for example, the war module is great, but the rest .... it creates massive stuttering and laggs and fps dropps after some time, because of all this scripts that are running...
so i play only with the war module.. and even this is creating a hugh ammount of fps dropps....because in every sector there are more than just 200 ships flying arround :P

but thats another topic with the laggs and FPS loss, this is because of the game engine at all

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 16:03

Halpog wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 13:43
169 ppl read it.. 168 ppl dont have a keyboard to answer a damn question ?
what is wrong with this community here ?
typing is not prefered or ?

u can play with faction enchancer u have to try to be honest, if the changes it made, and the influence it has, fit your needs and what u wanted to get .
for me for example, the war module is great, but the rest .... it creates massive stuttering and laggs and fps dropps after some time, because of all this scripts that are running...
so i play only with the war module.. and even this is creating a hugh ammount of fps dropps....because in every sector there are more than just 200 ships flying arround :P

but thats another topic with the laggs and FPS loss, this is because of the game engine at all
You should relax, just because people didn't respond doesn't mean the community has gone downhill lol.

As for the OP, I don't personally use the faction enhancer mods and the game works just fine for me. I am satisfied with the conflict and such in vanilla. I just made a slight tweak which I think works excellently.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 16:54

I recently re-installed the Faction Enhancer (all modules) having taken a break from it for a while. I stopped due to how the Xenon would always take over the universe with it enabled. Likely not just down to FE, but in combination with the various other mods I use. Regardless, by the start of day two, the Xenon were stomping any sectors bordering their space. The Split were CRUSHED, seriously, they'd lost multiple sectors by this time, Argon were in serious trouble, but were also the focus of my aid, but we were failing. TEL were being pushed back almost as hard as the Split, with only Paranid (HOP) going on the offensive. Game after game played out the same, even though I amassed pretty huge fleets myself to aid my allies. However....

In my most recent game start with v4.1, with the same other mods, things are MUCH more balanced. Xenon incursions are happening, but are not quite so overwhelming. I can only assume whatever was causing the Xenon to go nuts with FE installed has been fixed / changed. Be that in the FE mod its self, or due to a change in another mod that made things go nuts inadvertently.

Basically, from what I can tell - I'm about two days in - FE now balances Factions much better, with factions able to respond to Xenon aggression much more effectively. Previously, I used setting in other mods to give certain Factions (both Argon and Split factions as well as Teladi) a higher military unit cap to help them out. While they did indeed field FAR more defensive fleets, they were still quickly overwhelmed. It's like the Xenon economy was on steroids and could crank out fleets in no time. Anyway, that doesn't happen any more.

To be clear, things are still exciting with Fleets invading others territory etc. it's just that - from what I can tell - the Attacker / Defender balance works in the more believable way now. I'm not seeing invading Xenon fleets being totally ignored as large Faction fleets perfectly able to counter them ignore things.

I'll add the caveat that I'm only observing a portion of the Universe in my game, mostly Argon space and sectors around the main highway loop. I've not explored Split space yet, the Eastern Teladi sectors nor the North-West Paranid ones, so I don't know how they're fairing.

Note: Other mods I use effect game balance significantly. VRO changes ship balance greatly for example, FOCW adds additional fleets etc., the FOCW Corporations add-on adds additional Factions - these are just two of the additional mods I use. Others (Mules) aid trading / logistics (for the player only) yet another allows SCA to use a larger variety of ships making them potentially more of the threat etc. Basically, all these different mods are working nicely together for me, giving me the experience I want, without the countdown to doomsday I was experiencing previously lol.

I am only about two days into my current game, so things might change, the balance of power might tip with the loss of one sector. Who knows.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”