attack my target at maximum firing range

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

iniochos
x4

attack my target at maximum firing range

Post by iniochos » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 09:55

Good morning,
I do not know if there has been such a request in the past, I do know that this issue is known to all of us, the following request to create an order to your wingmen.

My request is:
"attack my target at maximum firing range"

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: attack my target at maximum firing range

Post by j.harshaw » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 21:22

you could just pass in $ship.maxcombatrange.all to param 'minrange' of order Attack. make sure that 'maxrange' is higher. try it out. i'd expect the ship will move a lot with such a narrow margin. also, it'll only work with capital ships at the moment. fighter movement is controlled in code and scripts mostly control which flight behaviors to use and when.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 22:37

j.harshaw wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 21:22
you could just pass in $ship.maxcombatrange.all to param 'minrange' of order Attack. make sure that 'maxrange' is higher. try it out. i'd expect the ship will move a lot with such a narrow margin. also, it'll only work with capital ships at the moment. fighter movement is controlled in code and scripts mostly control which flight behaviors to use and when.
Hm, interesting you mentioned fighters are controlled in script, is it possible in any way to make make fighter go slower than max speed when they are doing attack run on capital ship?
Also, I though of making different script for fighters if they have "bomber" type, but if thats controlled in code I will not be able to change this?

iniochos
x4

Post by iniochos » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 11:47

Thanks for your response.
The point is, I don't have the capabilities/knowledge to do such alterations. :(

If anyone of you has the necessary abilities/knowledge and is willing to...

...please do...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”