Is it possible to mod the menu or create my own?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

THE_WESTi
x3ap

Is it possible to mod the menu or create my own?

Post by THE_WESTi » Sun, 5. Sep 21, 08:08

I really want to have menus like x3 where I can more easily and quickly control the game with a keyboard. Is it possible to create my own menu system? I wouldn't mind leaving the existing menu system untouched but rather adding mine with my own hotkey- just checking if possible? and, if so, is there a particular tutorial for me to start with to learn to mod this? Thanks

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Is it possible to mod the menu or create my own?

Post by kuertee » Sun, 5. Sep 21, 09:42

Info Centrr is a mod that offers an x3-like menu.

But, yes, the menus are moddable. Tutorials are all over the place, but a good start is in a stickied post in this forum.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

THE_WESTi
x3ap

Re: Is it possible to mod the menu or create my own?

Post by THE_WESTi » Sun, 5. Sep 21, 10:10

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 5. Sep 21, 09:42
Info Centrr is a mod that offers an x3-like menu.

But, yes, the menus are moddable. Tutorials are all over the place, but a good start is in a stickied post in this forum.
OMG this looks to be exactly like what I was looking to make. I was searching with the keyword 'menu' on steam workshop and wasn't finding anything. Thanks!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”