Adding Sectors Questions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Treycore

Adding Sectors Questions

Post by Treycore » Wed, 1. Sep 21, 01:40

Working on a small personal mod that adds a few sectors to each of the empires, specifically to just give them some depth

So I’ve just been using the same sector backgrounds as some of the stock sectors, just copying and pasting in and changing a few values here and there, and just changing around the region definitions file to add belts/gas etc...

But I was wondering if there was a tutorial or a guide that could help me make some more unique sectors or even helping me understand some of the values

2nd I’ve added in a couple stations to spawn in the god file along with these new sectors but I was wondering if there was a hard cap on the number of stations a faction can have before they start deconstruction of existing stations and if so, where too find said value of the hard cap, or the requirements

3rd are there any other balance things that I should be concerned about when adding in new sectors for the existing empires that I should look at? I’ve also added a few jobs as well to help with the extra trade/mining/patrolling duties

Thanks for your time!

Dr Reed
x4

Re: Adding Sectors Questions

Post by Dr Reed » Wed, 1. Sep 21, 18:32

I've not seen an indepth tutorial or any tutorial on Galaxy editing X4. I wish there was, as i lost about 2 weeks scratching my head trying to get new regions files to work. Eventually after grasping at straws i discovered that the names must be in lowercase with no caps. So, yeah, a tutorial..

There are quite a few sector mods out now so you could just download and dissect them to see what the authors did to make each sector.

As for why/when the game removes stations, i think it is related to how long a station has sat there with no npc or player interactions.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”