[Release] Teladi Kea corvette

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

[Release] Teladi Kea corvette

Post by Axeface » Tue, 24. Aug 21, 02:59

I've finished my latest ship (or at least, I think I have). Its a corvette for the Teladi, the Kea. This was quite a battle to make, but I have learnt a lot.
Hope you like!

Steam Workshop - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2583345541
Nexus - https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/755

VRO Versions
Steam Workshop - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2583989249
Nexus - https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/759
Last edited by Axeface on Tue, 24. Aug 21, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

Flippi
x3tc

Re: [Release] Teladi Kea corvette

Post by Flippi » Tue, 24. Aug 21, 08:52

I really like the design of that ship. I'll check it out when I go modified. Which is after 4.10 drops.

I'm always impressed on what people can create, even if the circumstances aren't easy like it's in X4. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with the majority of X3AP ships converted into a raw, unfinished format, unable to get them even textured with the vanilla textures. Ugh...

Anyway, that ship goes on my mod list.
KI Schiffsnamen/AI Shipnames
ETNO Mod Techdemo/Ressources Release: English / Deutsch

rusky
x4

Post by rusky » Tue, 24. Aug 21, 16:59

Beautiful ship, well done!

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 00:12

I heard the teladi s traditionalist party have logde a complain for betrayal of ancestral rules. The same guys had spread the rumor the Kea had really been designed by a mixed team of traitors made half of teladis half of splits. It is the same team, they said, who made the mamba, in total disrespect of the splits products specifications.

Accordying the ossified complainants, 4 engines make the ship too expensive to produce, and reduce space available for more cargo and one more shield to protect the profit. Also the incredible ship acceleration is not needed, and require too much energy and engine power, that could be avoided to reduce the overall ship cost.

However it seems the guilds council had think, that a new ship with specification and perfomance too close to already existing models would had been no interest.

ps ; congratulations

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 01:24

Malchar wrote:
Wed, 25. Aug 21, 00:12
I heard the teladi s traditionalist party have logde a complain for betrayal of ancestral rules. The same guys had spread the rumor the Kea had really been designed by a mixed team of traitors made half of teladis half of splits. It is the same team, they said, who made the mamba, in total disrespect of the splits products specifications.

Accordying the ossified complainants, 4 engines make the ship too expensive to produce, and reduce space available for more cargo and one more shield to protect the profit. Also the incredible ship acceleration is not needed, and require too much energy and engine power, that could be avoided to reduce the overall ship cost.

However it seems the guilds council had think, that a new ship with specification and perfomance too close to already existing models would had been no interest.

ps ; congratulations
They put the ship together originally with the standard corvette single engine, but then realised that baby got back, that cargo bay is HUGE. Original specifications were quite specific, this was supposed to be a corvette, but Teladi being Teladi got distracted and prototyped a freighter instead. Ianamus Zura CEO's were very upset. It was a big "oops, we totally forgot this has to fight and not just move merchandise" moment. It had to keep up with the competition, like the Nemesis or the P. So they took the simplest approach to the problem, as Teladi often do, and just gave her more thrust 8)

Ianamus Zura is in an uproar... 4 engines, FOUR! Its not efficient!! This is madness.
Ship works well though. Will just have to do a few hauls between patrols to cover the cost 8) Each Kea crew will also be given a privateers license by default.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 19:26

You guys are in the wrong forum, the "roleplaying games" forum is below, please have a moderator move this :mrgreen:
No seriously, nice "Brick" you have created, with a teladi worthy cargo bay, congrats on the mod :P
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 23:45

Loved the Kea in X3AP, now all we need is X Freak Cartman to re-do his MKIII Fighter software for X4, add a good pilot, and watch a squad of these waltz all over the Kha'ak miner hunters.

I'm not modding yet but this is bookmarked, Axeface considering you have cobbled this together with resources from the game, and given the X4 restyling of old ships I think this is a pretty damned good approximation of what Egosoft themselves would have come up with. Wonder if Lino has seen it ... My vote goes towards them asking you to include it in the next dlc. Its a fair bit of a change of style from X3 but so is everything else = I could grow to love this ship :). I bet it looks awesome at a dock.

I have seen the specs on the nexus screenshots, given Split engines, Terr shields, Split Taus, and an Ion Blaster on the turret, plus some in game modifications this would be a very nice personal corvette even the Yaki would be jealous of with the storage and rear turret.

Very nice work Axeface, looking forward to my modding days on this game sometime after the next dlc, speaking of which, @Egosoft, Ahoy! needs this, shoehorn it in somehow :) (with Axeface permission ofc)
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 26. Aug 21, 09:58

Another good design - I like how sleek it looks (for Teladi standard of sleek).

Looking forward to other main races design from you.

Treycore

Post by Treycore » Thu, 2. Sep 21, 22:50

Thank you so much for adding new ships for us to play with!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 22:12

Can you also update the nexus files?

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 22:30

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 22:12
I am going to yeh, but theres one or 2 things I forgot to do, and i'm also waiting for a few confirmations that everything works as intended.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 23:34

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 22:30
mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 22:12
I am going to yeh, but theres one or 2 things I forgot to do, and i'm also waiting for a few confirmations that everything works as intended.
No problem. I can wait for final version.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”