[Help] Tutorials / Tools to make new sectors?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Blue Magnolia
x4

[Help] Tutorials / Tools to make new sectors?

Post by Blue Magnolia » Tue, 17. Aug 21, 20:08

Hi all, I'm looking to add some new sectors to the center of the map as a little pocket for the player to build a faction in situated within proximity to most of the other factions.
Is there a guide on how to design new sectors, or a tool to help do so? Reverse engineering other mods that add sectors hasn't been going well for me, I barely know programming.
Ideally I'd like to be able to use unique planet models, and have several sub-sectors in some. Any help is appreciated.

Flippi
x3tc

Re: [Help] Tutorials / Tools to make new sectors?

Post by Flippi » Wed, 18. Aug 21, 10:38

I only know of the X4 Galaxy creator, which can be found in the stickied Tools and Resources thread. But that program isn't finished yet, and has a few flaws. From what I read, Highways (and probably super highways) are out of the question right now. Also, every gate is an accelerator, not a jump gate. Maybe it's enough for you to use.
KI Schiffsnamen/AI Shipnames
ETNO Mod Techdemo/Ressources Release: English / Deutsch

Blue Magnolia
x4

Re: [Help] Tutorials / Tools to make new sectors?

Post by Blue Magnolia » Thu, 19. Aug 21, 03:19

Flippi wrote:
Wed, 18. Aug 21, 10:38
I only know of the X4 Galaxy creator, which can be found in the stickied Tools and Resources thread. But that program isn't finished yet, and has a few flaws. From what I read, Highways (and probably super highways) are out of the question right now. Also, every gate is an accelerator, not a jump gate. Maybe it's enough for you to use.
That's a good idea, but I haven't looked at it specifically because it claims it can't add new sectors to the existing map, I think the reason being the map it generates is in a different format to vanilla X4. I'm looking to do more of what XPANed Sectors did (Or either of its two clones).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”