Is there a way to visualise Area and Box lights in blender?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Axeface
x4

Is there a way to visualise Area and Box lights in blender?

Post by Axeface » Fri, 13. Aug 21, 22:54

Im placing area and box lights by changing the numbers in the xml. Is there a way to visualise this in blender and change the variables, so I can get them directly from there?
Trying to understand the rotation and scale of the area lights is incredibly problematic for me. And after trying for a stupid amount of time I still dont understand whats happening or even what the default orientation of the light is.

Some kind of dummy would be a godsend...

I want to light my ship like the vanilla ones, they have lots of complex lighting and look great. But to do this by hand, completely blind, typing in xml.... its just not feasible (devs if you do it by hand too in the xmls, then your tenacity is legendary).

flywlyx
x4

Re: Is there a way to visualise Area and Box lights in blender?

Post by flywlyx » Sat, 14. Aug 21, 06:04

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=409209&p=4801213#p4801213

This is the drag and drop tool for turrets,shield etc. Looks to me light works the same way, it just have different types. arealight/omni/box
I don't believe there is a tool specified to reflect X4 light in Blender, you probably have to guess the result.

Axeface
x4

Re: Is there a way to visualise Area and Box lights in blender?

Post by Axeface » Sat, 14. Aug 21, 13:14

flywlyx wrote:
Sat, 14. Aug 21, 06:04
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=409209&p=4801213#p4801213

This is the drag and drop tool for turrets,shield etc. Looks to me light works the same way, it just have different types. arealight/omni/box
I don't believe there is a tool specified to reflect X4 light in Blender, you probably have to guess the result.
Thanks, I have seen that tool, but it doesnt do lights afaik? Engines and shields are very simple to add and I dont have a problem adding those at all.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”