[WIP MOD/DLC?] Massive Port of Station Modules, Interiors, and Clusters into X4

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

tomchk
x4

Re: [WIP MOD/DLC?] Massive Port of Station Modules, Interiors, and Clusters into X4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 15:57

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 05:37
kuertee wrote:
Thu, 2. Sep 21, 20:58
nice!

i didn't get the *other* game.
are the walkable modules of the other game truly connected to each other - e.g. Subnautica?
or are they "portalled" between doors?
No sadly, the interiors in Rebirth have no relation to the station layout. They all start to feel very samey once you've been in them enough times.
It is possible to make them have a relation to a specific module. That’s actually how I have it implemented now, because in X4 they aren’t in a special non-visible location. I think I can even make them connect between modules. I already planned to try this.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

tomchk
x4

Re: [WIP MOD/DLC?] Massive Port of Station Modules, Interiors, and Clusters into X4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 16:00

Also, I bet I could make a XSLT that creates pseudo random modules with pseudo random corridors. Basically, these could be made to be far more varied, I believe. Perhaps I should try a single module with a single corridor and try connecting them via snaps. That could be something…

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Thu, 30. Sep 21, 16:16

To be honest I think that just the interiors are already a glorious proposition.

I always liked the interiors of X Rebirth
Walking around them was a nice change or pace, the issue was for me at least how forced the gameplay around them was (there being one trader of each category so you could always make a local profit, how the loot was just there for the taking in boxes and all that)

So personally a mod that enables more interior options in the stations elevator (or is it a teleporter?) via the menu
I often in X4 as it is go to a bar and look out the window when managing my empire, and I find that sometimes taking a little walk around really is a nice change of pace.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 15:54

Privata wrote:
Thu, 30. Sep 21, 16:16
To be honest I think that just the interiors are already a glorious proposition.

I always liked the interiors of X Rebirth
Walking around them was a nice change or pace, the issue was for me at least how forced the gameplay around them was (there being one trader of each category so you could always make a local profit, how the loot was just there for the taking in boxes and all that)

So personally a mod that enables more interior options in the stations elevator (or is it a teleporter?) via the menu
I often in X4 as it is go to a bar and look out the window when managing my empire, and I find that sometimes taking a little walk around really is a nice change of pace.
Good thought. Perhaps I'll make an offshoot that allows one to add just the interiors and place them within station modules. I think this would work but need to test. An XR install would still be required. My thought is I'd include a transporter section that's needed to reach any interior, then a number of connectable corridors/rooms without transporters (don't want too many). It would be up to the player to connect these in ways that are totally inside station modules and don't create clipping issues.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”