How to modify all character_macros.xml versions (base, Split and CoH versions) with one patch?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lord-Herek

How to modify all character_macros.xml versions (base, Split and CoH versions) with one patch?

Post by Lord-Herek » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 22:32

Let's say I want to make all Argons Asian.

As I understand it, in order to make all Argons Asian I would need to look into the character_macros.xml, remove all macros for Argon NPCs that are not Asian (leaving only Asian Argon NPCs) and creating a separate file where I would write <replace sel="/macros"> (meaning I'm replacing all content in the whole macros element), adding the modified xml text (that doesn't contain any definitions for non-Asian Argon NPCs) and closing it with </replace>.

That's for the base game.

However, CoH DLC has its own character_macros.xml file where it adds a brand new definitions for non-Asian Argon NPCs on top of the base game. How can I deal with that? I want to be able to define changes for not only character_macros.xml base game file, but also character_macros.xml files from Split and CoH DLCs so none of these DLCs can add non-Asian Argon NPCs to the game.

Can you help me? :cry:

I'm new to modding X games.

Shuulo
x4

Re: How to modify all character_macros.xml versions (base, Split and CoH versions) with one patch?

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 11:53

COH and Split DLC add their characters to vanilla laibrary, they are merged together.
Just think that vanilla file has all characters from COH and SPIT DLC and change it accordingly.
Better add both DLCs as dependencies for mod to make sure that it will load after them, so you will updated modified by DLCs vanilla character library file.

Lord-Herek

Re: How to modify all character_macros.xml versions (base, Split and CoH versions) with one patch?

Post by Lord-Herek » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 14:35

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 11:53
COH and Split DLC add their characters to vanilla laibrary, they are merged together.
Just think that vanilla file has all characters from COH and SPIT DLC and change it accordingly.
Better add both DLCs as dependencies for mod to make sure that it will load after them, so you will updated modified by DLCs vanilla character library file.
It worked! At first I tried it without dependencies and it didn't work but when I added them it actually worked!

Thank you very much for help :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”