[MOD REQUEST] Re-enable NPC to NPC bailing

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NightmareNight91
x4

[MOD REQUEST] Re-enable NPC to NPC bailing

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 06:25

So it seems that NPC ships can no longer cause pilots to bail from other NPC's. I can only imagine that the devs deemed it to fun and disabled it, removing any reason I had for searching around already mapped sectors.

Is there any savvy modder out there that could undo this change? I really think it was a neat feature that I hate to see removed. I would also like the NPC salvagers to be added to compete with if possible. They could claim a ship, and send it to a wharf to be recycled, adding to the economy.

GageDragon
x4

Re: [MOD REQUEST] Re-enable NPC to NPC bailing

Post by GageDragon » Sat, 3. Jul 21, 14:50

there is this on nexus. Iv'e come across a Mammoth a Nemesis V. some Boas and a few s fighters.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 16:49

That mod doesn't appear to actually add NPC vs. NPC bailing, though it's planned:

"I want to figure out how to make ships bail when it's NPC vs NPC."

It seems to just be a tweak to how player-owned (not necessarily player-flown) ships can already make NPC's bail combat - a feature that's always been in the game. It does change the chance of this occurring though.

So, sadly, NPC vs. NPC bailing as seen in the 4.0 Beta (IIRC) cannot currently be restored. I loved the chance - even if it was really rare - of finding the odd bailed S or M-Class ship in my travels. Still don't know why the devs changed their minds on this feature.

Scoob.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 21:15

It was enabled in 4.0 first beta. If anyone has extract of it I may make a mod out of it, but I dont have the files anymore.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 13:17

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 7. Jul 21, 21:15
It was enabled in 4.0 first beta. If anyone has extract of it I may make a mod out of it, but I dont have the files anymore.
Youll be my hero forever if you can reenable it lol wish I had the files for you. :mrgreen:

mAritz
x4

Post by mAritz » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 13:36

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 7. Jul 21, 16:49
That mod doesn't appear to actually add NPC vs. NPC bailing, though it's planned:
It says that, but it actually does somehow enable it. And it's way too much bailed ships littering your universe if you play with this mod. I had to turn it off after an hour of playing with it.

The real trick would be to reduce it to a reasonable level and maybe have bailed ships auto-destroyed/despawned after a while. A user in the comments for that mod says he has that working, but the mod author apparently can't be reached to publish a fix.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 16:10

to anyone who's interested in taking this project, i came across this bit of code while looking for something else.
it's in "aiscripts\interrupt.attacked.xml":

Code: Select all

<signal_objects object="player.galaxy" param="event.param" param2="event.object" param3="'shouldwebail'" delay="10ms"/>
and the event listener is in: "md\notifications.xml" in the "PlayerOwnedShipAttacks".
but building your own mod's event listener should be better than diffing the notifications.xml file.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 16:35

mAritz wrote:
Sat, 10. Jul 21, 13:36
It says that, but it actually does somehow enable it. And it's way too much bailed ships littering your universe if you play with this mod. I had to turn it off after an hour of playing with it.

The real trick would be to reduce it to a reasonable level and maybe have bailed ships auto-destroyed/despawned after a while. A user in the comments for that mod says he has that working, but the mod author apparently can't be reached to publish a fix.
That's interesting. I didn't try to mod myself due to that note by the author. I actually thought the NPC bailing frequency in that early 4.0 Beta was pretty good. There was an initial bug where the player was informed of EVERY ship bail in the entire universe via a log entry. This showed that universal bailing was infrequent and the player actually encountering a bailed ship directly event less so. A nice balance. Restoring that balance would be my personal preference.

Note: NPC bailing is still in vanilla, sort of, but in a different form. Basically, crew can and will bail from ships, but the Pilot will always remain - it's that last bit that the devs changed during the 4.0 beta. This is still useful in that a Destroyer that's survived a major battle might have a few less crew so be a good target for boarding. I'd still love to see S and M-Class full bails though, it was fun to be sniffing around a conflict area (HOP vs. ARG a good one) early-game and snagging something.

Scoob.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 17:49

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 10. Jul 21, 16:35
mAritz wrote:
Sat, 10. Jul 21, 13:36

That's interesting. I didn't try to mod myself due to that note by the author. I actually thought the NPC bailing frequency in that early 4.0 Beta was pretty good. There was an initial bug where the player was informed of EVERY ship bail in the entire universe via a log entry. This showed that universal bailing was infrequent and the player actually encountering a bailed ship directly event less so. A nice balance. Restoring that balance would be my personal preference.

Note: NPC bailing is still in vanilla, sort of, but in a different form. Basically, crew can and will bail from ships, but the Pilot will always remain - it's that last bit that the devs changed during the 4.0 beta. This is still useful in that a Destroyer that's survived a major battle might have a few less crew so be a good target for boarding. I'd still love to see S and M-Class full bails though, it was fun to be sniffing around a conflict area (HOP vs. ARG a good one) early-game and snagging something.

Scoob.
This, i want it to be balanced, not just free ships everywhere

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 10. Jul 21, 20:33

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Sat, 10. Jul 21, 17:49
I think such feature are far more rewarding as a rare occurrence. Not sure if people recall, but there was a bug in earlier game versions where you'd be guaranteed a free ship - usually a Corvette-class - ever few sectors due to a bugged mission type. I recall making an in-game career of finding those ships...it got a bit silly.

Scoob.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sun, 11. Jul 21, 06:31

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 10. Jul 21, 20:33
NightmareNight91 wrote:
Sat, 10. Jul 21, 17:49
I think such feature are far more rewarding as a rare occurrence. Not sure if people recall, but there was a bug in earlier game versions where you'd be guaranteed a free ship - usually a Corvette-class - ever few sectors due to a bugged mission type. I recall making an in-game career of finding those ships...it got a bit silly.
Scoob.
Yes it should be rare, but not completly absent like the devs have implemented.

They could have atleast asked for ideas on how to balance it instead of just sending it to the chopping block with no trial.

This goes for other game altering decisions they have made as well, like the station clipping "fix" or mining changes. Alas those are topics for another thread.

mAritz
x4

Post by mAritz » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 11:16

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/741 is now available. Go check it out.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 14:54

mAritz wrote:
Sun, 25. Jul 21, 11:16
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/741 is now available. Go check it out.
Awesome!!
Can I ask if I can integrate it into SW mod? With different ship class progression I will need to tweak few numbers to better suit the mod. Proper credits will be given of course.

mAritz
x4

Post by mAritz » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 18:34

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 27. Jul 21, 14:54
mAritz wrote:
Sun, 25. Jul 21, 11:16
Awesome!!
Can I ask if I can integrate it into SW mod? With different ship class progression I will need to tweak few numbers to better suit the mod. Proper credits will be given of course.
Sorry, I'm not the mod author. You'll have to message him on the nexus forums or ask in the posts of the mod there. He responds reasonably fast.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”