Mod Dependencies and content.xml

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kasan
x4

Mod Dependencies and content.xml

Post by kasan » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 17:26

So I've gone on a mod downloading spree and picked up several mods from both here, nexus, and steam (I have the GOG versions) and I'm encountering an issue prior to starting a new game with all my modded goodness: several mods are listed as "Required extensions "name" is missing; despite the mods NOT missing, they're all sitting in my extensions directory. I've manually gone into the content.xml of the offending mods and set the dependency to false, but they're still showing up in my extensions list after load as missing something.

How do I fix this, or if the mods will load regardless, can I ignore it and just start a new game and the mods will load on their own?

Affected mods:
Rise of the Ossian Raiders (VRO Patch, main mod loads just fine, patch requires the part 2 of the mod files)
Terran Ship Mod Pack (More Ship Rooms, and VRO Compatibility patch; mods require the base Terran Ship Mod Pack) invalid id pointer, fixed both by changing what the id pointed at
AI Subsystem Targeting Orders (optional dependency is Sir Nukes mod API, but was listed as false straight from download) version mismatch, fixed by updating SN Mod API
SirNuke's Better Target Monitor (same as above, but listed as true by default) version mismatch, fixed by updating SN Mod API
X4 Economy Overhaul (VRO Patch, requires X4 Economy as dependency). mod pointed to a workshop id when the base mod didn't use one, fixed by changing the id pointer

What do?

edit: I should menion uniquely, all of these mods reference a steam workshop code as the parent mod requirement (i.e. id="ws_2408335033" for Rise of the Ossian Raiders VRO (that points to RoR Part 2)
Last edited by kasan on Thu, 17. Jun 21, 17:56, edited 2 times in total.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Mod Dependencies and content.xml

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 17:46

This is better placed in the Scripts&Modding forum then in Techsupport.

MFG

Ketraar

kasan
x4

Post by kasan » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 17:47

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 17:46
This is better placed in the Scripts&Modding forum then in Techsupport.

MFG

Ketraar
Move me away!

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 18:40

On steam ror had two split the main mod into two parts sure to size restrictions iirc.

kasan
x4

Post by kasan » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 18:53

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 18:40
On steam ror had two split the main mod into two parts sure to size restrictions iirc.
Yeah I have all three files, ror, ror part 2, and ror vro.

I deleted all the dependencies out of the content.xml to get all the red gone, but I don't know if this will break anything down the road.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”