[Mod] Apricotslice's X4 Mods Pack.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

[Mod] Apricotslice's X4 Mods Pack.

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 11:57

For those who don't know me from X3, I'm not a start from scratch player in this universe.

I started playing with X2, and ended up modding it. This continued in X3 with several different mods, including the Apricot Mapping Service mod, and the Merge Mod. Each successive mod in the X3 trilogy started with what the player had at the end of the last game. X4 doesn't attempt to do that, but I'm not interested in starting a new game in a flea-trap that can't get out of it's own way, and dies with the first shot to hit it. Not my thing.

So my mods tend to be for those who like to speed the game up, either because like me starting off with nothing is not fun, or because they don't have the game time to get to the good stuff in any sort of reasonable time frame.

It's taken a while, but I finally decided to release a few things I've been using in X4.

Download: https://ApricotMappingService.com/X4/ap ... k-V1.1.zip

Unzip into your X4 folder. It contains the extensions folder, and 4 mods under that. On the game jump off screen, go into extensions, and turn off any you don't wish to play with. Warning: The 2 PHQ mods are mutually exclusive, so you need to turn one of them off and then restart the game.

Versions Log:
V1.1 Dec 2021 Fixes the Research not active bug.

Jon Hunter Start

Jon Hunter is one of the main characters from my novels. The start mentions John Slice, who was my first character creation back in X2 days, for my Apricot Mapping Service, which is mentioned in the start description as AMS.

The theme is having a decent ship and some credits to start with. Plus some game tweaks to help you along. I run this with quite a few other game tweaking mods, but decided not to include them so you make your own choices on what you use.

The game starts in Argon Prime.
The PHQ plot is complete, and the PHQ is also in Argon Prime. You need to talk to the Boron before you get the Research icon.
750,000 Credits.
Gates and stations are visible.
Player move speed is increased.
Speed of builder drones is increased.
Argon module build times slashed.
Other faction module build times reduced.
Start in a modified Nemesis Vanguard, with better speed and handling, huge cargo bay, and gun and shield tweaks.
The Odysseus Vanguard Destroyer has been heavily modified for super speed, fighter handling, huge cargo bay, and shield tweaks. I use one of these as my personal ship as soon as I can afford to either buy one, or build one.

Notes:
Don't try to fly the Nemesis or Oddy with a full cargo bay. You can't. Give the control to a pilot, and remote control. Try it and you'll discover the joys of drunk flying.
The Paranid mainly build the Oddy Sentinel, but if you come across a Vanguard, be very careful of it.
It would be best if the Paranid are your friends if you use this start.
I am intending to do my own custom ships, but so far don't know enough to do it. Maybe in the next version.

Aggro Player Stations

Adapted from the now defunct Aggressive AI mod, stations with turrets will now fire on everything red in range of guns or missiles.

Be warned: Can seriously damage your frame rate if you're in-system when a red fleet goes by one of your stations. The bigger the defense capability, the worse things get. Best be OOS wherever enemy fleets have a habit of going past a station of yours.

PHQ Shipyard at start

This is designed for the player who is ready to move into the middle and end games immediately on starting a new game.
Want to start a war in the PHQ system and supply ships to both sides? This will do it really nicely.
If you can keep it supplied with resources, it will easily pay you anywhere from tens of millions to hundreds of millions an hour in ship sales alone.

The PHQ which gets added to the game when the plot is complete is a fully functional Shipyard, which just needs resources added.
It will make XL, L, M, and S ships.
It has enough storage for Terraforming missions, if you tweak the product storage values correctly.
It does have some protection added, but is vulnerable to attack from the rear.

Note: This is not a start. It changes the PHQ you get regardless of which start you use.

Insane PHQ at start

This is a much bigger version of the PHQ Shipyard at the start of the game.
It is designed for players who are done with resource gathering and production, and just want to produce ships by using the Cheat Menu to supply the components.

5 XL
9 L
9 S/M
4 Terran Luxury docks
10 Piers
Massive storage
1 of each production module.
A huge defensive grid all around, leaving very few vulnerable points.

Note: This station can't produce what it needs, but relies on cheating in the goodies. If this is a problem for you, turn it off.

Note: This is not a start. It changes the PHQ you get regardless of which start you use.

Warning: NEVER ever ever ever ever be in-system if this monster starts firing guns or missiles. In fact, once you decide where your PHQ will go, and move it there, it's best to immediately be in another system before you do anything else.
You can safely put the PHQ near a gate into a Xenon sector, but if you value your sanity, be gone to another sector before it starts firing at anything.
Better still, Save before moving your PHQ, in case you end up in a slideshow before you can get out.

Warning 2: Don't try to edit the build. It seriously breaks the build editor. I'm using a high end system, with RTX 3090, and the display goes seriously haywire. I added the last 3 stations to anywhere they would stick, given I could only see a fraction of the whole build at the time. If you can successfully add to this plan, let me know what your computer specs are.

----------------------------------

Enjoy.

Let me know if you find anything which isn't working.

Thanks to Unitrader on Discord for a lot of help along the way, and others who chipped in there.
Thanks to 7ate9tin11s for solving the station firing issue in the now defunct Aggressive AI Mod.
Thanks to Moonrat for sending me a copy of the Aggressive AI Mod.
Last edited by apricotslice on Sat, 4. Dec 21, 07:21, edited 4 times in total.

karabAs
x3tc

Re: [Mod] Apricotslice's X4 Mods Pack.

Post by karabAs » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 06:40

Missing research icon on new "PHQ Shipyard at start" game start.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 06:46

karabAs wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 06:40
You don't get that until you go talk to the Boron the first time.

And the 2 PHQ mods are not starts. Whichever you select will be how the PHQ looks in whatever start you use. I'll note that in the OP.

karabAs
x3tc

Post by karabAs » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 15:37

apricotslice wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 06:46
karabAs wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 06:40
You don't get that until you go talk to the Boron the first time.

And the 2 PHQ mods are not starts. Whichever you select will be how the PHQ looks in whatever start you use. I'll note that in the OP.

Did that. Hmm, this is strange... Step-by-step:
* in game extensions "Jon Hunter Start" and "PHQ Shipyard at start" are ON, the other two are OFF
* start new game -> Jon Hunter Start -> all good, sitting in my new Nemesis Vanguard and PHQ with Shipyard in Argon Prime
* right after the start, the very first mission was Boron asked to do any research at PHQ and a plot line to dock there -> no research button
* docked at PHQ -> talked to Boso Ta -> his response was just "Hi there" -> no research button
* back to the ship -> flew away, collected a few lockboxes, etc. -> still no research button

Like that start so far. But no research button for me. Maybe I'm missing something obvious? Any help will be really appreciated. Thank you!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 16:28

I just confirmed there is a problem.

It'll be tomorrow before I can get to looking at it.

I must admit though, I've been ignoring the research completely in recent time, using the cheat menu to auto-do it.

But I remember it did work. So I must have buggered something up.

I'll get back to you. But to fix it will probably mean a restart.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 07:39

Update:

The problem has been identified.

The whole research when the PHQ plot was not done normally thing was changed sometime in the v3/v4 set of patches.

So far, my attempts to fix it have failed. Now waiting to see if someone answers my appeal for a list of things to do in a start to achieve this.

karabAs
x3tc

Post by karabAs » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 16:01

Ok, thanks. Good luck!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 07:22

My bad.

I finally fixed the Research not working issue a while back with help from Discord Modding, but forget to upload it.

The Research functions should now by available at the start of the game.

blazermick
x3tc

Post by blazermick » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 23:09

Gday

Used your mods and AMS all thru x3 with the hyperion being my fav ship. My fav weapon is the mass driver which is why your mods worked so well for me.

What ships and weapons did you mod for x4 ? I know of the 2 ships and the m repeater but thats all so far.

I hate the basic game as I believe it's backwards development compared to all other versions. Since X1, I have played every game however will only play x4 with SWI (Star Wars). Because you released this mod, I am happy to try normal again but would like some details/stats. Couldnt find anything on your site.

Thanks
Started playing at X Beyond the Frontier and Tension, and I'm still here at X4. Brilliant games until Rebirth and now x4 manages to regain some of the past glory. Lets hope x5 continues in same vein and not another "rebirth".

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 07:22

blazermick wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 23:09
What ships and weapons did you mod for x4 ? I know of the 2 ships and the m repeater but thats all so far.
Just the 2 ships. I tend to use the corvette as a universal trader, and the destroyer as a workhorse for most everything I need. The corvette still gets killed if it goes into Xenon sectors though.
I hate the basic game as I believe it's backwards development compared to all other versions. Since X1, I have played every game however will only play x4 with SWI (Star Wars). Because you released this mod, I am happy to try normal again but would like some details/stats. Couldnt find anything on your site.
I think the game is okay with the mods I use, but I hate how manual and repetitive everything is. If they allowed you to open screens into separate windows, you could open the main ones once, and spread them out of other monitors, and then just go back and forth instead of having to close and reopen all the time.

The main thing I tweaked were speed, and shields. And used the mod where shields regenerate immediately, and not how the game does them when you stop getting fired at.

The other thing changed was cargo bays, and you seriously can't fly the ships manually if you fill them.

So the destroyer is capable of 3000+ speeds in normal mode. The corvette from memory is around 500.

The thing to keep in mid with the game though, is the PHQ as a shipyard is the most powerful part of the game. If you have all the blueprints, you can design your own ship fitouts utilizing the best of everything.

So while the 2 ships I modded are better, what I use is custom built.

You might want to think about that if you haven't built a shipyard. A closed loop shipyard (and I include an operational one you can start with) when fed enough resources can quickly provide enough cash to buy all the blueprints. You don't know what you're building, but who cares as long as you get paid, and the war going on off your docking pots doesn't effect you.

If you cheat in the blueprints, you also get access to Xenon and Khaak stuff, so a destroyer kitted out with Xenon guns is a great deal more powerful than anything. Choose the right hull, and you can beat anything. Also, the Xenon T with the best non-xenon shield, is the fastest heavy hitting fighter around.

Depends on what kind of game you want to play. But the reason I did both of the PHQ shipyard variants to start with, is so you can build your own custom designs.

I'm waiting for the new add-on now, to see what the new hulls are like. The battleship hulls to date are crap, and can't defend themselves properly, so I'm hoping the new one promised will be a better design I can make even better. I was surprised at the fact a K could take down an I. Even with more guns, the I is just so badly designed it can't get out of it's own way, and any heavy hitting ship with more speed can take it. And that's not the point of a battleship imo. The battleship should be able to take on multiple destroyers and still prevail, with it taking a whole fleet (like 6+) to kill a battleship. The designers obviously disagree with me. :)

blazermick
x3tc

Post by blazermick » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 01:23

Thanks for quick response :D

Unfortunately this version has been built around the HQ and the catch cry of Trade, Fight etc is false with this release & Everyone knows combat is broken, IS vs OOS.

I hope the next dlc actually addresses some of this, but I'm now waiting for X5 as i think X4 compared to "rebirth" was a return to their successful x1,2 & 3 development.

I cheat past HQ garbage so this mod fixes that for me, but i do miss the old apricot weapons in my hyperion. I'll keep watching for developments.

Thanks again.
Started playing at X Beyond the Frontier and Tension, and I'm still here at X4. Brilliant games until Rebirth and now x4 manages to regain some of the past glory. Lets hope x5 continues in same vein and not another "rebirth".

adams0061
xr

Post by adams0061 » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 05:45

I have the steam version and wondering what path I take to unzip this file to?
YES I am 56 yrs old, YES I am huddle over my keyboard with only a 25 watt bulb in my desklamp and the feeble light from my monitor lighting my keyboard waiting on the next installment from the X-series. BUUUUUUWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 06:16

adams0061 wrote:
Thu, 17. Feb 22, 05:45
I have the steam version and wondering what path I take to unzip this file to?
Steam
steamapps
common
X4 Foundations

The zip has the extensions folder in it, and will drop the sub-folders into there.

Then select the mod(s) you want to use on the jump off screen.

adams0061
xr

Post by adams0061 » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 17:58

Thank you :)
YES I am 56 yrs old, YES I am huddle over my keyboard with only a 25 watt bulb in my desklamp and the feeble light from my monitor lighting my keyboard waiting on the next installment from the X-series. BUUUUUUWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA

adams0061
xr

Post by adams0061 » Sun, 20. Feb 22, 01:48

Do I get to build the PHQ where I want it? Or is it already set up in a sector?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 20. Feb 22, 02:27

adams0061 wrote:
Sun, 20. Feb 22, 01:48
Do I get to build the PHQ where I want it? Or is it already set up in a sector?
It's already set up. From memory, it's not where the plot puts it, but you don't get any real choice with the plot either.

What you do is the teleportation research, which at the end allows you to move it wherever you want.

adams0061
xr

Post by adams0061 » Sun, 20. Feb 22, 03:40

Thank you.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Thu, 24. Feb 22, 15:35

im using PHQ Shipyard at start mod but my PHQ didnt turn into anything

picked segaris start, got my PHQ and Boron but nope

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 24. Feb 22, 15:40

gastovski wrote:
Thu, 24. Feb 22, 15:35
im using PHQ Shipyard at start mod but my PHQ didnt turn into anything

picked segaris start, got my PHQ and Boron but nope
Did you turn the Shipyard mod on, then restart the game before choosing a start?

Sounds like the mod wasn't on.

Also make sure you don't have both shipyard mods on at the same time.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Thu, 24. Feb 22, 16:19

the mod was on when i started. i even researched first teleport still nothing.

i dont use any shipyard or phq related mod only this.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”