Question: HQ teleport damage radius

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

daBeschi
x4

Question: HQ teleport damage radius

Post by daBeschi » Mon, 31. May 21, 21:44

Hello,

After searching through the files (sublime text makes it easy) I was not able to find the entries for the damage radius when the HQ is teleported. From testing I know the radius must be around 20 km from the centre. The intention is to be able to jump close to existing supporting stations. If it is not adjustable, then it would be no big deal.

Greetings

apricotslice
x4

Re: Question: HQ teleport damage radius

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 06:20

I've not seen anywhere where this is stored.

I also think the damage zone is a lot more than 20km.

I dropped my PHQ into a red sector midway between 3 stations, and it destroyed all 3. They were further apart than 20km.

My PHQ is a cube more than 20km wide now, so I can see what 20kms looks like on the map.

My guess is the blast radius is closer to 50kms.

The thing is to test it. Place a beacon, then ask the Boron to make the jump. If he tells you it's a good place, you're fine. If not, have a ship pick up the beacon, move it another spot, and try again, until you either prove you can't put the HQ where you want it, or you find a place you can.

daBeschi
x4

Post by daBeschi » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 13:59

Hello,

Thank you for looking into the files. I jumped my HQ next to 3 of my stations and destroyed 2. The last seemed to be around 20 km away ... mhh 10 km radius of PHQ + 20 km = 30 km radius :?

Greetings

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 14:18

I had another look in the files.

It checks 18kms for obstructions, which is fed into what the Boron then says, depending on what is found.

But there's also a maximum damage range set of 1.5 x the length of the PHQ, up to a max of 50km. Which seems to indicate the actual damage range is variable from 1.5 x the size of the PHQ, with a plus range up 50kms.

That certainly ties with my observations, since my current PHQ is about 30 kms square.

daBeschi
x4

Post by daBeschi » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 15:39

Hello,

Where did you find the entries? My HQ uses the whole building space too. Maybe damage is reduced beyond the 18 km so my third station took damage but survived and I just didn't recognise it :gruebel:

:mrgreen: if we increase the radius we can conquer a whole sector just by teleporting into it ... just loud thinking :roll:

Greetings

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 15:54

It's in X4Ep1_Mentor_Subscriptions in the MD folder.

You'd need to search on Radius.

Then do a diff file for the actual changes you want to make.

daBeschi
x4

Post by daBeschi » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 17:45

Hello,

Thank you very much!

Greetings

Edit: Seems I did not had the latest versions of the MD scripts unpacked ... now it was very easy

JoeJinis
x4

Post by JoeJinis » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 18:16

Hello,

Did you achieve to make a mini mod for that?
I am really interested too :)

Edit : Line 7760 and 7835, need to understand how to create this mini mod now ^^
<param name="Radius" value="[$HQ.buildplot.max.length * 1.5, 50km].max"/>

JoeJinis
x4

Post by JoeJinis » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 19:08

Hell again,

Tried that :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--Exported by: Joe Jinis -->
<diff>
<!-- Following line reduces the damage radius of the station teleportation -->
<replace sel="/mdscript/cues/cue/actions/do_elseif/do_else/do_if/run_actions/param[@name='Radius']/@value">[$HQ.buildplot.max.length * 0.05, 5km].max</replace>
<replace sel="/mdscript/cues/cue/actions/run_actions/param[@name='Radius']/@value">[$HQ.buildplot.max.length * 0.05, 5km].max</replace>
</diff>

It seems to have no effect :/
Any help will be appreciated :)
That's really a stupid function this "teleport + annihilate the area" -_-

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 04:32

Is there an error log line for that at all?

I'm wondering if where you changed it to 0.05 has to be at least 1. Just a guess though.

My suggestion is 0.25, which matches the 5km maximum.

It is possible that you can't set the blast radius less than the default PHQ size of 20km. Any attempt to do so may flag as an error at start up time. Hence checking the log.

Perhaps set it to so the min is 20 and the max is 20, and see if that works. So 1, and 20km.

If it does, then lower both figures and see if it still works.

JoeJinis
x4

Post by JoeJinis » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 18:18

Hello,

It mays be that kind of limitation, possible :(
I didn't know there were logs !
No chance to have a simple /var/log I suppose? :p

Edit : I will need to farm a lot of resources before being able to teleport again :s

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 18:30

JoeJinis wrote:
Tue, 28. Jun 22, 18:18
Hello,

It mays be that kind of limitation, possible :(
I didn't know there were logs !
No chance to have a simple /var/log I suppose? :p

Edit : I will need to farm a lot of resources before being able to teleport again :s
There's a command line addition for the jump off screen, which from memory you add to the steam icon by right clicking and click properties..

-logfile debug log.txt - You'll find log.txt in the same place as the construction plans get put.

Experimenting with code is a justification for using the cheat mod. It can restock your PHQ, and restore the jump research option after using it.

Speeds up the whole testing process. Just save the game before you start, and while you're testing, nothing is set in stone, and you reload it once the testing is finished. Or reload to reset the game for more testing.

When you finish testing, you can turn the cheat mod off again.

JoeJinis
x4

Post by JoeJinis » Tue, 28. Jun 22, 18:53

Yeah thanks found it in the topic about mod bases :D

Didn't try it in game yet, but I will.

Loaded a game and left, 16.000 debug log lines '^^

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 03:06

JoeJinis wrote:
Tue, 28. Jun 22, 18:53
Loaded a game and left, 16.000 debug log lines '^^
Yes, it is a bit verbose.

Try searching it for part of the script name.

JoeJinis
x4

Post by JoeJinis » Tue, 12. Jul 22, 18:28

Hello,

I'm back to testing Teleportation again =]

I got this in the debuglog :

[=ERROR=] 1291650.05 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\station_tp_radius\md\x4ep1_mentor_subscription.xml.sig'

It's a king of signature file? Not very important I think.

But I got this too :/

[=ERROR=] 1291650.05 No matching node for path '/mdscript/cues/cue/actions/do_elseif/do_else/do_if/run_actions/param[@name='Radius']/@value' in patch file 'extensions\station_tp_radius\md\x4ep1_mentor_subscription.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] 1291650.05 ======================================
[General] 1291650.05 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 1291650.05 No matching node for path '/mdscript/cues/cue/actions/run_actions/param[@name='Radius']/@value' in patch file 'extensions\station_tp_radius\md\x4ep1_mentor_subscription.xml'. Skipping node.

No matching node, it looks like my variable targeting is wrong, isn't it?

Edit : Got help on discord from DeadAir, the correct vaiable targets are :

<replace sel="//cue[@name='Warp_HQ_Conv_Handler_Next_Section']/actions/do_elseif[1]/do_else/do_if/run_actions[@ref='Check_HQ_Warp_Destination']/param[@name='Radius']/@value"></replace>
<replace sel="//cue[@name='Warp_HQ_Conv_Handler_Beacon_Selected']/actions/run_actions[@ref='Warp_HQ_To_Destination_Lib']/param[@name='Radius']/@value"></replace>

Will do some tests later :)

Edit 2 : It's working well !

<diff>
<!-- Following line reduces the damage radius of the station teleportation -->
<replace sel="//cue[@name='Warp_HQ_Conv_Handler_Next_Section']/actions/do_elseif[1]/do_else/do_if/run_actions[@ref='Check_HQ_Warp_Destination']/param[@name='Radius']/@value">[$HQ.buildplot.max.length * 1.00, 5km].max</replace>
<replace sel="//cue[@name='Warp_HQ_Conv_Handler_Beacon_Selected']/actions/run_actions[@ref='Warp_HQ_To_Destination_Lib']/param[@name='Radius']/@value">[$HQ.buildplot.max.length * 1.00, 5km].max</replace>
</diff>

I placed ships nearby for testing purposes, the 7km afar one did explode but not the 20 km afar one.
The min must be taken into account over the the 5 km max I think, but at least it's working =]
Last edited by JoeJinis on Wed, 13. Jul 22, 00:17, edited 2 times in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 12. Jul 22, 18:38

Ignore the sig line. That's just documentation the file isn't original.

The rest, I'm not sure, but my guess is it can't find the line it's supposed to be replacing.

So there's something wrong with the syntax. The replace statement needs both what you are replacing, and what it gets replaced with.

Find someone's mod, and look at their diff files for a replace statement that works, and see what's missing from yours.

Or post it on the modding server on Discord and ask. Someone there should be able to tell you what's wrong with it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”