Edit Quest in Save file

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sarlaka
x4

Edit Quest in Save file

Post by Sarlaka » Sun, 16. May 21, 20:35

Is there a way to edit quest in the save file? Can you advance a quest or force it to complete or go to the next stage in the quest? I'm stuck on scientific freedom. I have done about 3 researches and the quest is not wanting to move on for me. I try to reload, go back a save or two and everytime I get it, refuses to complete. I hate to try and start a new game, I gotten pretty far in this one. I looked in the save file and found the mission ID of the quest but idk what I'm supposed to do to make it complete.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Edit Quest in Save file

Post by Nanook » Sun, 16. May 21, 22:16

I think this is best discussed in the S&M forum, so over it goes.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Edit Quest in Save file

Post by euclid » Wed, 19. May 21, 13:37

I advise strongly not to edit the saved game. Mission stages are inter-linked, i.e (de)activating other cues (in scripts). The only sound way of forcing a mission to complete is via a script and even that is not straightforward.

However, I think you are better off describing exactly the mission and stage you have trouble with.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”