Mod Request - Remove "Hack Detected" hacks

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kainalu
x4

Mod Request - Remove "Hack Detected" hacks

Post by kainalu » Thu, 13. May 21, 10:46

Hi All,

I've had 6 of my stations hacked in the last hour of playthrough. My shipyard has it's guts spilled about it. Again. Is there a mod that removes the AI hacking? Since there is no deterrent, security, upgrades, or way to counter it, I think it is is very punitive. Most of the contents despawn before the drones can get them all back.

Thanks a lot!

daBeschi
x4

Re: Mod Request - Remove "Hack Detected" hacks

Post by daBeschi » Thu, 13. May 21, 15:30

Hello,

There is a MOD at steam called "sector patrol" which uncovers these ships (if you want).
I had this with an teladi plunderer near my station. As I jumped in sector and activated target view it was already hunted by my sector patrol and the station turrets killed it soon after.
Sure not exactly what you want, but better then no counter.

Greetings

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Thu, 13. May 21, 16:20

Some countermeasures unless/until a mod comes along that does what you'd like:
  • Build your most valuable stations in sectors you own. In sectors you own you can run your own police patrols which will uncover pirates. I think this police ability is one of the very few actual mechanical benefits of holding space.
  • Build in highly secure space -- I think I've seen like 2 pirates ever in Sol, for instance. I presume the other highly patrolled racial capitals would likewise be relatively better protected.
  • This one I haven't tried but folks have suggested to me in the past: Leave a courier on repeat collect/deposit wares near your most valuable stations.

kainalu
x4

Post by kainalu » Fri, 14. May 21, 08:16

Oh, those are some good ideas, My shipyard is in a controlled sector, unfortunately, one of my largest supply complexes is not. But Those are some good ideas, nonetheless. I also found you can set the AI Global Orders to Aggressive for SCA. It doesn't get them all, but even a few less is a good thing.

Thanks for all the help. :)

Edit : Also installed/testing Sector Patrol.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”