A Question Regarding A Xenon Deca Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ironking95
x4

A Question Regarding A Xenon Deca Mod

Post by ironking95 » Fri, 7. May 21, 19:08

Hello everyone! I recently downloaded a mod off the nexus. It's the xenon deca mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/501/
I'm just wondering if I need to tweak with anything, convert any files or create it as a new extension perhaps once I download it? Just curious about it since it downloads an extension folder, an asset folder and a libraries folder. I guess I'm not sure where to place the asset and libraries folder or maybe if I need to change or tweak with the files. I'm pretty new with modding and scripting so apologies if it's a dumb question.

daBeschi
x4

Re: A Question Regarding A Xenon Deca Mod

Post by daBeschi » Fri, 7. May 21, 20:05

Hello,

Quick: the MOD is not done the clean way. It replaces the library files "wares" and "jobs" and the stuff in the assets-folder in the main X4 folder (not extensions) and places just the folder "terraformer_weapon" in the extensions folder as a MOD. The better way is to patch in the new stuff.

But I'm not sure if it really works as long as your game is not unzipped :gruebel: , but if you want to try, then copy what is inside the package into your .../X4/ folder.

Greetings

ironking95
x4

Post by ironking95 » Fri, 7. May 21, 21:18

Thanks. I'll try to make a backup and see if it works.

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Sat, 8. May 21, 07:49

Hello,

This mod works.
The ship is really there.

ironking95
x4

Post by ironking95 » Sun, 9. May 21, 04:31

Cool. I haven't found it in my playthrough yet but I'm glad to hear the mod works. Thanks.

ironking95
x4

Post by ironking95 » Sat, 15. May 21, 05:15

So now, I'm trying to see if this can work with the Star Wars Interworlds mod since it still has the Xenon in it. I'm using xtools and trying to see if I can add it in somehow and shove a few proton torpedoes down it's barrel. Maybe even make this not so clunky anymore with regards to the original file structure and turn it into a proper extension. Anyone have any tips on how to go about this? Should I tweak with the jobs and wares for SWI and add the Xenon mod jobs and wares files to it? Maybe add the xenon assets into the cat. file for SWI? Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”