Modded Game: Command to complete Split civil war plot?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lychee

Modded Game: Command to complete Split civil war plot?

Post by Lychee » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 20:17

I am playing the X4: Star Wars mod, and because the factions have been replaced with SW counterparts the two split factions have been replaced by Mandalorians, one of which supposedly cannot build any military ships because its coded in to be impossible or something before the civil war plot is finished(never really did the split plots.) Since the Missions are not available from the base game, my question is: is there some sort of console command the devs have left in to flag the plot as complete, so they can work properly? commands like you could use in the old x3 games.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Modded Game: Command to complete Split civil war plot?

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 22:16

Lychee wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 20:17
I am playing the X4: Star Wars mod, and because the factions have been replaced with SW counterparts the two split factions have been replaced by Mandalorians, one of which supposedly cannot build any military ships because its coded in to be impossible or something before the civil war plot is finished(never really did the split plots.) Since the Missions are not available from the base game, my question is: is there some sort of console command the devs have left in to flag the plot as complete, so they can work properly? commands like you could use in the old x3 games.
I don't see how that would affect a mod with completely different factions. How exactly were the factions implemented? Also which split faction are you talking about? There are three split factions. You also do not need to complete the plot for them to become active.

Lychee

Post by Lychee » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 22:30

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 22:16
Lychee wrote:
I don't see how that would affect a mod with completely different factions. How exactly were the factions implemented? Also which split faction are you talking about? There are three split factions. You also do not need to complete the plot for them to become active.
From the people on the discord: "They're based on the Split Free Families in the code, who are under the dominion of the Zyarth Patriarchy. FRF can't make ships and ZYA **** off to other sectors a lot of the time."

Last part is in response to why they can't make ships to defend themselves. The whole discussion revolves around why I wasn't seeing any fleets in The Split-Free-Family faction-replacement seemingly fighting off the xenon factions. The conclusion was because they aren't able to produce ships to kill invading stations without the Curb's Rebellion.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 00:26

Lychee wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 22:30
BlackRain wrote:
Lychee wrote:
From the people on the discord: "They're based on the Split Free Families in the code, who are under the dominion of the Zyarth Patriarchy. FRF can't make ships and ZYA **** off to other sectors a lot of the time."

Last part is in response to why they can't make ships to defend themselves. The whole discussion revolves around why I wasn't seeing any fleets in The Split-Free-Family faction-replacement seemingly fighting off the xenon factions. The conclusion was because they aren't able to produce ships to kill invading stations without the Curb's Rebellion.
Yeah that is a bunch of bs. It isn’t that they can’t build ships. Does the mod use freesplit as the faction? If so, download my FOCW mod and activate only the freesplit ships in there and then they will build ships. That is only if they are set up to be faction.freesplit though and not some new faction in the code.

Lychee

Post by Lychee » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 00:39

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 29. Apr 21, 00:26
Lychee wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

Yeah that is a bunch of bs. It isn’t that they can’t build ships. Does the mod use freesplit as the faction? If so, download my FOCW mod and activate only the freesplit ships in there and then they will build ships. That is only if they are set up to be faction.freesplit though and not some new faction in the code.
I will have to check it out and see if it works.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 01:15

BlackRain wrote:
Lychee wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

We do use freesplit faction, and they do have military jobs added in SW mod, most probably they are just out of resources.
FOCW will most probably not work as I changed ships.xml, ship selection is now different and with different tags and I assume FOCW uses vanilla ship groups, right?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 02:34

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 29. Apr 21, 01:15
BlackRain wrote:
Lychee wrote:

We do use freesplit faction, and they do have military jobs added in SW mod, most probably they are just out of resources.
FOCW will most probably not work as I changed ships.xml, ship selection is now different and with different tags and I assume FOCW uses vanilla ship groups, right?
Okay, I wasn't sure and was only going off what was said. I mean, it depends on how it was set up. I have it look for ships of destroyer, factionlogic and faction.freesplit. So as long as it has the destroyer tag or something like that it should work but again I am not familiar with what you guys did in the mod.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 20:36

Glad I stumbled on this thread. I am thinking about trying out the Star Wars mod and it was on my mind if FOCW would work with it or not. Loving FOCW by the way. My CPU not loving the extra ships though.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sat, 1. May 21, 14:16

My situation is slightly different, but I need the same: some kind a script, which will comand to split plot to end.

There is a moment in split campaign, when you plant bombs on cargo drones and should wait until "slave trader 2" will dock to Hall of Judgment. Well, at this point something goes wrong and I think that ship was destroyed by Xenons on the way.

Can the end of campaign be triggered somehow or maybe new "slave trader" spawned? But I assume that second variant is much harder.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 1. May 21, 16:11

ScandyNav wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 14:16
My situation is slightly different, but I need the same: some kind a script, which will comand to split plot to end.

There is a moment in split campaign, when you plant bombs on cargo drones and should wait until "slave trader 2" will dock to Hall of Judgment. Well, at this point something goes wrong and I think that ship was destroyed by Xenons on the way.

Can the end of campaign be triggered somehow or maybe new "slave trader" spawned? But I assume that second variant is much harder.
How did this happen? You are supposed to be on the slave trader ship so I don't see how it could get destroyed without you knowing.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sun, 2. May 21, 10:16

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 16:11
ScandyNav wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 14:16

How did this happen? You are supposed to be on the slave trader ship so I don't see how it could get destroyed without you knowing.
I have planted the bombs. They say wait. But nothing happened for several dozen of minutes, "slave trader" doesn't even start flying from that position. Then I called my fighter and fly away on it, because I thought that I need to wait near the Hall. Nothing happened there too. So I started to do something else.
Last edited by ScandyNav on Mon, 3. May 21, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sun, 2. May 21, 13:28

I've always been interested in a mod / script / save hack to advance the plots as well. Mostly because I can't be bothered to play the various plots. It's a sandbox, dammit! I don't want no stinkin' story! :lol:

While wanting to have my cake and eat it to I'd still like to see the various scenarios played out such as Duke's Buccaneers becoming a real faction, or the various outcomes of the split plotline without having to do the hard work myself.

At anyrate some more starts would be welcome (looking at you egosoft). I'm a chronic restarter and I simply can't bare to play through the HAT plotline one more time...thank goodness for the accomplished scientist start so at least you can skip the PHQ plot. So...hint hint....more starts at various plot stages in the game would be welcome.
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”