[REQ] Direct Shipping

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

OOZ662
x4

[REQ] Direct Shipping

Post by OOZ662 » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 11:28

As far as I can tell, Egosoft continues its traditional refusal to let us simply move wares automatically into X4. All I want is to be able to tell a ship to fly to one of my stations, pick up as many units of a specific ware as it possibly can, then fly to a second of my stations and drop off as many as it possibly can before repeating the task with zero regard for ware prices or moving credits around. They came so close with the Repeat Orders function, but not only does it "Trade Wares" instead of "Exchange Wares" and thus get uselessly involved with prices and credits, but I constantly see traders assigned with what can only be the proper settings departing their origin with a partial load then departing their destination with a partial load remaining while the station starves of resources.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [REQ] Direct Shipping

Post by euclid » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 14:06

There are a few trader mods which comprises the feature you are looking for. Probably closest match is the Mules and Warehouses mod although I have not yet tested it myself. You can also try the AutoTrader but it will trade wares between all of your stations rather than between specific ones exclusively.

Hope that helps ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

JasonX2000
x4

Post by JasonX2000 » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 19:14

OOZ662 wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 11:28
They came so close with the Repeat Orders function, but not only does it "Trade Wares" instead of "Exchange Wares" and thus get uselessly involved
You sure?
Even if you give him the repeat order and use the transfer wares feature instead of the trade ware feature in the context menu?
should be two, the one for trading that can only trade as much as the station trades and the transfer order that ignores the limits and where
you can exchange as much as you have storage.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 20:50

euclid wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 14:06
There are a few trader mods which comprises the feature you are looking for. Probably closest match is the Mules and Warehouses mod although I have not yet tested it myself. You can also try the AutoTrader but it will trade wares between all of your stations rather than between specific ones exclusively.

Hope that helps ;-)

Cheers Euclid
Thank you. I'll have a read through and see what's what.
JasonX2000 wrote:
Thu, 29. Apr 21, 19:14
OOZ662 wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 11:28
They came so close with the Repeat Orders function, but not only does it "Trade Wares" instead of "Exchange Wares" and thus get uselessly involved
Even if you give him the repeat order and use the transfer wares feature instead of the trade ware feature in the context menu?
I have never seen such an option.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 22:45

euclid wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 14:06
Probably closest match is the Mules and Warehouses mod although I have not yet tested it myself.
Again, so very close, but they only haul items available on Sell Order. I guess I just have to give up on my dream of having my station sell to the public only when the other station it's supplying is full. I suppose I can have the end station sell the "overflow" wares that the mules bring it, but that feels like wasted trips given that the mules don't focus a single ware...oh well.

MiglooD
x4

Post by MiglooD » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 13:42

A long time ago, there was a little mod for that:

Nexus:
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/320/

egosoft:
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=416379 (french forum)

It is certainly no longer compatible with X4 v4.00 but if someone could take a look...

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sat, 1. May 21, 07:15

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/487

use this , u tell the ship where to get it, where to dropp it, and what wares u need.
its nto working with ressources, but with resscources its easy with replay orders.
just assign a ship to replay orders ( RO ) and tell him to buy ressources at point A, than go to your other complex and tell the ship to sell the wares at complex b .....thats all
create a trade order for station A and tell station A only to sell the rssources to your faction. at complex B u can just use the autoby and auto price finder options, thats all for the rssources

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”