[Question] Script Property Documentation and CORS Policy

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vectorial1024
x4

[Question] Script Property Documentation and CORS Policy

Post by Vectorial1024 » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 17:45

This has bugged me for a long time, but now everytime I opened up the game source's scriptproperties.html I am greeted with a blank page, and an unresponsive search box. When I opened up the debug menus of my web browser it tells me the HTML file tried to access a local file but this is blocked by CORS policy.

Perhaps this is already a big elephant in the room idk

How would everyone else access the scriptproperties.html? I'm seeing if i can change sth to make it work.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Alkeena
x4

Re: [Question] Script Property Documentation and CORS Policy

Post by Alkeena » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 22:36

I always just go straight to the underlying scriptproperties.xml like a neanderthal.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 05:55

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 17:45
This has bugged me for a long time, but now everytime I opened up the game source's scriptproperties.html I am greeted with a blank page, and an unresponsive search box. When I opened up the debug menus of my web browser it tells me the HTML file tried to access a local file but this is blocked by CORS policy.

How would everyone else access the scriptproperties.html? I'm seeing if i can change sth to make it work.
a modder from the unofficial discord (https://discord.com/channels/3370982909 ... 0877228042)
hosted the xsds and scriptproperties.html: https://x4-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/x4_4_0 ... rties.html
unfortunately, I don't remember his name.

i, also, just load the aiscript.xsd, common.xsd, md.xsd, and scriptproperties.xml in the 2nd frame of my ide (sublime).
i find reg-ex search faster than using scriptproperties.html
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 20:36

Alkeena wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 22:36
I always just go straight to the underlying scriptproperties.xml like a neanderthal.
lol, I know this trick, but sometimes I was just wondering if certain features are available (dont know the name) and then I return to the same CORS problem. If I already know what is the name then going straight to the xml can save me some time.
kuertee wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 05:55
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 17:45

a modder from the unofficial discord (https://discord.com/channels/3370982909 ... 0877228042)
hosted the xsds and scriptproperties.html: https://x4-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/x4_4_0 ... rties.html
unfortunately, I don't remember his name.

i, also, just load the aiscript.xsd, common.xsd, md.xsd, and scriptproperties.xml in the 2nd frame of my ide (sublime).
i find reg-ex search faster than using scriptproperties.html
Many thanks to the link!
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”