[Mod] X4 Economy Overhaul 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cyres
x4

Re: [Mod] X4 Economy Overhaul

Post by Cyres » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 20:24

Do you have DeadAirFill installed?

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 20:38

No, other DeadAir mods, but not that one. It can really only be the economy ai mod, every other mod has completely different goals.
Iucundi acti labores

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 21:15

I am pretty sure that it is some other mod because I never have noticed this behaviour on my end. But I will have an eye on it and if it happens, I will let you know.
terrans are a bit special that they have so many trading stations and in vanilla, they have a fixed price, so a mod that refills the stations might have more impact on this mod.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 21:40

But disregarding the spawning issue in trading stations, even the normal production stations just offer it far too cheaply. I scanned one, and it had 3k of 7k Force Field Units produced and only sold them for 703 credits. That is at least a 1k credits profit per item.
Iucundi acti labores

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 21:55

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 21:40
But disregarding the spawning issue in trading stations, even the normal production stations just offer it far too cheaply. I scanned one, and it had 3k of 7k Force Field Units produced and only sold them for 703 credits. That is at least a 1k credits profit per item.
You are right!
I just checked the price and there is an error in the price. Normally min price is 0.7 of average price and the max price is 1.3 of the averge price. Thats the formula for vanilla wares and I followed that rule. The forcefieldunit max price is 2.0 times the avergae price which is wrong. So I made a mistake here. min price is 697, avg 996 so max price will be 1295 instead of 1992 credits.
I will correct that in the next version.
Thanks for that feedback!
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 22:12

updated new version just for the price fix. So next time you start the game you should make less profit :P

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 17:49

Have you removed 'antimatter cells"?
I noticed they dissapeared from my game, and are needed for plot missions

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 17:51

djrygar wrote:
Thu, 29. Apr 21, 17:49
Have you removed 'antimatter cells"?
I noticed they dissapeared from my game, and are needed for plot missions
Of course not. They should still be available in your game. Just terrans dont have them (but that is the same without mod).
I havent removed anything.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 19:24

strange, i cannot find a single factory making them. maybe it does conflicts with FF economy balance

Todesgleiter
x4

Post by Todesgleiter » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 21:14

First things first: I like the Idea of the mod, especially the changes to the terran economy, but sadly i ran into a problem.
The models of the station modules added by this mod seem to be affected by a strange graphical bug and are only partially visible. For example: the rings on the silicon grid factory are visible the rest of the module is not. Vanilla modules are not affected.
Example picture: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... reenshots/
the added wares etc. are working flawless as far as i have ssen.

Any help to solve this problem is appreciated.

apologies for my bad grammar and/or strange choice of words, english is not my primary language

Miso60062
xr

Post by Miso60062 » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 01:18

Todesgleiter wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 21:14
First things first: I like the Idea of the mod, especially the changes to the terran economy, but sadly i ran into a problem.
The models of the station modules added by this mod seem to be affected by a strange graphical bug and are only partially visible. For example: the rings on the silicon grid factory are visible the rest of the module is not. Vanilla modules are not affected.
Example picture: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... reenshots/
the added wares etc. are working flawless as far as i have ssen.

Any help to solve this problem is appreciated.

apologies for my bad grammar and/or strange choice of words, english is not my primary language
If you are using Linux, and using Steam, turn on proton compatibility mode it fixed it for me. Beware that you won't be able to use your old saves from your old folder because proton uses it's own "windows sandbox". Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
It also fixes broken textures on some ship mods.

Todesgleiter
x4

Post by Todesgleiter » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 15:48

Thanks for the reply!
but i'm playing on Windows, with steam installed and auto updates active. Therefor i can't enable an compatbility mode, or can I?
Think i will try a Version rollback of the game to see if it has something to do with the gameversion, as unlikely as it seems to be.

Edit:
After a rollback to gamerversion 4.00 all stationmodules appear to be visible. The whole thing seems therefor to be caused by the 4.10 update. Now I only have to find out why and how to prevent it from happening...

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Mon, 9. May 22, 17:54

This is an issue where Ego soft removed some of the texture files.

I have fixed all issues with this mod until the Author can get back to update the main mod.

Here is the links to the patch, I didn't even think of posting it here.

Temp Fix for Terran scrap
This is just until the author can fix the mod.

Go to your extensions folder where X4 is installed and unzip this file into it.

Updated file to fix small bug in hullparts and scrap processing. 05/09
New File here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujk76ap6gzr6u ... x.rar?dl=0

It will put a patch file in to fix the issue.

The gist of the problem is that EGO patched the Terran ware to use the recycler. I fixed it so it would work like it was supposed to and adjusted the number based on the authors mod and his numbers relating to how ego had it set up.

He might decided to do something different but until then this is a quick patch/fix.

Managed to correct the models too.

*removed diff info as to shorten the post and I had to fix hull plates too. All fixes can be found in the file from dropbox.

05/02: Fixed Terran Scrap Recycler

05/03: Fixed Models missing textures

05/09: Fixed commonwealth hullplates missing from scrap recycler. (Mod has changes to hullplates (large version) had to add in info for scrap recycler)

To the MOD Author, if you have abandoned this mod, I do not mind picking it up and keeping it updated. Just let me know, I will not change anything, just mainly maintain it for you.
Last edited by siath70 on Sat, 14. May 22, 17:06, edited 2 times in total.

Todesgleiter
x4

Post by Todesgleiter » Fri, 13. May 22, 17:39

Well these are surprising news, but definitely good ones!
I already saw your article on steam but failed to recognize that your fix would also decloak the station modules, reading seems to need improvement on my part :D

Thanks for your effort siath70! I will definitly try your fix out when i'm coming back to X4 (and bought the the new DLC...)

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Sat, 14. May 22, 16:56

Yup, I been using it with no problems, let me know if there are any issues.

I'll help maintain this until the author picks it back up and adds the fixes in :)

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [Mod] X4 Economy Overhaul 6.0 ready!

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 15:36

The newest version 1.12 is ready for 6.0. I fixed all collision issues I could found.

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 17:31

Great, looking forward to playing with this mod again. Played once without, and well, the terran economy was far too simplistic. I assume you also fixed the graphical issues your previous version had? I think with scrapping, although I can't remember at this point.
Iucundi acti labores

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 17:54

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Sun, 23. Apr 23, 17:31
Great, looking forward to playing with this mod again. Played once without, and well, the terran economy was far too simplistic. I assume you also fixed the graphical issues your previous version had? I think with scrapping, although I can't remember at this point.
I included siath70's fix if you mean this. But because I never had graphical issues in my games I could not validate if it works.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 16:33

Cool mod you got here.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Mon, 22. Jan 24, 18:06

Hey Max Bain is for know, you are agree if I can use your mod for my futur mod : viewtopic.php?f=181&t=459748 ?

The objective is to make station bigger. For that you add XR module, I want to use your mod for have more production diversity

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”