[MOD] Choose the race of your crew V2.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sdfg

Re: [MOD] Choose the race of your crew V2.2

Post by sdfg » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 09:25

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 20:16
sdfg wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 20:01
Heya, is this you? https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... escription
No, that is not me. It could just be a coincidence as it isn't like this is difficult to make. Anyway, my version is much more complete than his and more customizable.
Oh absolutely, I was just checking to see if it was to make updates easier.

harokyang
x4

Post by harokyang » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 14:46

Thanks for this nice mod

For those who found that it's not working, here is what I noticed
Those crewmen you fired before (or disbanded in your shipyard) will be placed in a reserved pool
The next time you recruit new crewmen from your shipyard, those guy in the pool will be hired first

So you can't just enable this mod, fire the guys you don't want and fill your ship in shipyard, they will board your ship again
Instead, sell those guys with a ship or disband them to an NPC shipyard to keep them out of your crewmen pool

I built a small fleet to clear about 100 non-terran marines from my pool until I get one pure terran ship ready

sdfg

Post by sdfg » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 18:23

Hiya, having trouble this time round. No crew in any backlog that I know of (I've not fired anyone this playthrough). Have I derped somewhere?
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<diff>
<add sel="//characters">

<character id="service_terran_choose" group="terran.service">
      <category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable, regular]" faction="[terran]" race="terran"/> <!-- If you don't want terran, you would need to remove all the faction.player from the ones up here, all of them -->
      <skills>
        <skill type="engineering" min="1" max="3"/>
        <skill type="morale" min="1" max="3"/>

<skill type="piloting" exact="0"/>
        <skill type="management" exact="0"/>
        <skill type="boarding" min="1" max="3"/>
      </skills>
      <owner exact="terran"/>
    </character>
    <character id="marine_terran_choose" group="terran.marine">
      <category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable, regular]" faction="[terran]" race="terran"/> <!-- If you don't want terran, you would need to remove all the faction.player from the ones up here, all of them -->
      <skills>
        <skill type="boarding" min="1" max="4"/>
        <skill type="morale" min="1" max="4"/>

<skill type="engineering" exact="0"/>
        <skill type="piloting" min="0" max="4"/>
      </skills>
      <owner exact="terran"/>
    </character>

<character id="fighter_terran_choose" group="terran.pilot">
      <category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, fighterpilot, commander, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[terran]" race="terran"/> <!-- If you don't want terran, you would need to remove all the faction.player from the ones up here, all of them -->
      <skills>
        <skill type="piloting" min="1" max="3"/>

</skills>
      <owner exact="terran"/>
    </character>

<character id="fighter_pioneers_choose" group="pioneers.pilot">
      <category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, fighterpilot, commander, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[pioneers]" race="terran"/>
      <skills>

<skill type="boarding" min="1" max="2"/>
      </skills>
      <owner exact="pioneers"/>
    </character>

<character id="service_pioneers_choose" group="pioneers.service">
      <category tags="[crew, service, regular, recruitable, rookie]" faction="[pioneers]" race="terran"/> <!-- Add faction.player to faction if you want to recruit them on your stations -->
      <skills>

<skill type="piloting" max="1"/>
        <skill type="boarding" min="2" max="3"/>
      </skills>
    </character>

<character id="marine_pioneers_choose" group="pioneers.marine">
      <category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable, regular]" faction="[pioneers]" race="terran"/>
      <skills>

<skill type="piloting" max="3"/>
      </skills>
    </character>

<character id="fighter_yaki_choose" group="yaki.pilot">
      <category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, fighterpilot, commander, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[yaki, faction.player]" race="argon"/> <!-- Add faction.player to faction if you want to recruit them on your stations -->
      <skills>

<skill type="boarding" min="5" max="6"/>
      </skills>
      <owner exact="yaki"/>
    </character>

<character id="service_yaki_choose" group="yaki.service">
      <category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable, regular]" faction="[yaki, faction.player]" race="argon"/>
      <skills>

<skill type="boarding" min="2" max="3"/>
      </skills>
      <owner exact="yaki"/>
    </character>

<character id="marine_yaki_choose" group="yaki.marine">
      <category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable, regular]" faction="[yaki, faction.player]" race="argon"/>
      <skills>

</skills>
      <owner exact="yaki"/>
    </character>

</add>

<!-- In order to get the race you want, you need to remove faction.player from the races you don't want and you need to add faction.player to the end of the faction code for the ones you want -->

<!-- For example follow this: 

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_argon_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace> Currently, 

this does not have faction.player, now add faction.player : 

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_argon_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers, faction.player]" race="argon"/></replace>

Don't touch anything else -->

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_argon_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_argon_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_teladi_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/> </replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_teladi_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_paranid_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_paranid_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_split_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[scaleplate, alliance]" race="split"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_split_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[scaleplate, alliance]" race="split"/></replace>

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_argon_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, regular, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_argon_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, regular, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_teladi_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, regular, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_teladi_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, regular, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_paranid_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, regular, recruitable]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_paranid_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, regular, recruitable]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_split_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_split_regular_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular, recruitable]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_split_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/></replace>

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_argon_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_argon_regular_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_argon_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_teladi_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, regular, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_teladi_regular_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_teladi_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/></replace>

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_paranid_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, holyorderfanatic, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_paranid_regular_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular, recruitable]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, holyorderfanatic, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_paranid_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, holyorderfanatic, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>

</diff>

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 08:38

maybe some kind of documentation, e.g. what the mod actually does and how it works, would be nice.
Will this affect only the ppl assigned to a new ship, or alsob to the guys walking arround?
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 01:20

|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 08:38
maybe some kind of documentation, e.g. what the mod actually does and how it works, would be nice.
Will this affect only the ppl assigned to a new ship, or alsob to the guys walking arround?
This mod isn't really necessary anymore. It was intended as a workaround before Egosoft changed how the habitations work. Originally, the race you got as crew when building ships at your own shipyard was like random or something. This was a way to ensure that you would get the race you wanted as your crew. Now, you get the races you build habitations for.

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 08:17

thx a lot. im not so far in teh game, that i would notice.
But i have to rebuild some modules now ;)
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

sdfg

Post by sdfg » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 11:21

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 01:20
|K.O.S.H. wrote:
This mod isn't really necessary anymore. It was intended as a workaround before Egosoft changed how the habitations work. Originally, the race you got as crew when building ships at your own shipyard was like random or something. This was a way to ensure that you would get the race you wanted as your crew. Now, you get the races you build habitations for.
Except for the Yaki ;-(

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 13:52

sdfg wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 11:21
BlackRain wrote:
|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Except for the Yaki ;-(
That is true, I guess it could be used to get Yaki crew so it isn't entirely useless.

sdfg

Post by sdfg » Sun, 6. Feb 22, 20:27

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 13:52
sdfg wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

Except for the Yaki ;-(
That is true, I guess it could be used to get Yaki crew so it isn't entirely useless.
Alas, like I said it doesn't seem to work even for that any more. I am a sad fish.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 13:47

sdfg wrote:
Sun, 6. Feb 22, 20:27
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 13:52
sdfg wrote:

Except for the Yaki ;-(
Alas, like I said it doesn't seem to work even for that any more. I am a sad fish.
That could be the case, I haven't looked much into it.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Mon, 14. Mar 22, 16:40

...so what do i have to do if i want only Yaki-Crew from my shipyards?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 15:32

Berni wrote:
Mon, 14. Mar 22, 16:40
...so what do i have to do if i want only Yaki-Crew from my shipyards?
Hrm, well it might not be working anymore because they changed the way that crew is determined for your ships, etc. I would need to change the code.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Wed, 16. Mar 22, 09:24

Do you mean the crew that come with the habitations you've used for your station?

Any workaround to this would be awesome because the Yaki don't have any habs iirc:)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 16. Mar 22, 16:20

Berni wrote:
Wed, 16. Mar 22, 09:24
Do you mean the crew that come with the habitations you've used for your station?

Any workaround to this would be awesome because the Yaki don't have any habs iirc:)
Yeah the new egosoft code was based on what habitation you have so they changed how the npcs are spawned, etc.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”