[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Torpor
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by Torpor » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 14:36

does anybody know anything about the compatibility (and the differences to 'vanilla' interworlds if i use them) of the deadair-mods to the star wars interworlds mod? :?

especially:
ai tweaks
god
wares
dynamic wars
jobs

do they break anything?
what is more war-heavy? 'vanilla' sw-i or sw-i with deadair?

edit:
talked with a guy from the mod team, he said:
dynamic wars works
ai tweaks could work but is untested

jobs, wares, god do NOT work an break the game.
Wir sind ***Modified***. Ergeben Sie sich.
Wir werden ihre technologischen und kulturellen Aspekte den unseren hinzufügen.
Widerstand ist zwecklos.

please excuse my bad english. no native speaker, but german forum is dying ;P

RockLeeRocco
x4

Post by RockLeeRocco » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 10:54

I just want to give some Feedback to the mods. I use all of them from the first page in the latest version. With 4.0, latest patch and both dlc.

So the game developes very well after 30 hours in game. Economy is very stable. Especially the new factions seems to have a very strong economy. They are developing to be the strongest factions in game besides the Terran.

Dynamic Wars a working very good as well. I`m playing as Split and currently try to help Zyarth to defend their borders. They are at war with the Argons on one side and since 2-3 hours with the Teladi Company on the other side of their border. And the good thing is: You can really see and feel how Zyarth exausted their economy with their wars. They have a very high demand of all different goods to keep their war maschine running. That feels very realistic. So good job on this! :)

The only problem I have are the Xenon. They seem to be too week to defend themselfes against the other factions. In nearly every sector they are at the edge to be terminated. And all the other factions are very interested in expanding into their sectors. So for the next update, I would like to see a little help for the Xenon so that they can become a threat for the galaxy again.

Thanks very much for these great mods, DeadAir :x4:

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 23:49

Torpor wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 14:36
does anybody know anything about the compatibility (and the differences to 'vanilla' interworlds if i use them) of the deadair-mods to the star wars interworlds mod? :?

especially:
ai tweaks
god
wares
dynamic wars
jobs

do they break anything?
what is more war-heavy? 'vanilla' sw-i or sw-i with deadair?

edit:
talked with a guy from the mod team, he said:
dynamic wars works
ai tweaks could work but is untested

jobs, wares, god do NOT work an break the game.
Glad you got it figured out. I actually helped shuulo a bit with some of the things that are incompatible so you'll as least get some of my philosophy with swi

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 23:53

RockLeeRocco wrote:
Thu, 29. Apr 21, 10:54
I just want to give some Feedback to the mods. I use all of them from the first page in the latest version. With 4.0, latest patch and both dlc.

So the game developes very well after 30 hours in game. Economy is very stable. Especially the new factions seems to have a very strong economy. They are developing to be the strongest factions in game besides the Terran.

Dynamic Wars a working very good as well. I`m playing as Split and currently try to help Zyarth to defend their borders. They are at war with the Argons on one side and since 2-3 hours with the Teladi Company on the other side of their border. And the good thing is: You can really see and feel how Zyarth exausted their economy with their wars. They have a very high demand of all different goods to keep their war maschine running. That feels very realistic. So good job on this! :)

The only problem I have are the Xenon. They seem to be too week to defend themselfes against the other factions. In nearly every sector they are at the edge to be terminated. And all the other factions are very interested in expanding into their sectors. So for the next update, I would like to see a little help for the Xenon so that they can become a threat for the galaxy again.

Thanks for the awesome feedback! I've been working on some patches that should help out the xenon as I need them to keep blowing stuff up. The main issue I'm running into now is I'm starting to reach the limit on ships that I want because I'm trying to maintain much better performance than I did with DAGO.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Sat, 1. May 21, 10:22

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 23:53

Thanks for the awesome feedback! I've been working on some patches that should help out the xenon as I need them to keep blowing stuff up. The main issue I'm running into now is I'm starting to reach the limit on ships that I want because I'm trying to maintain much better performance than I did with DAGO.
I agree that Xenon need some love! I'm playing with your mod, vro, focw and ror.
The Xenon are too weak overall - or stations and L-turrets are way too strong OOS, one I and two Ks won't even scratch a station oos.
And there's the problem with the mining nerf of course...

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sat, 1. May 21, 11:47

Berni wrote:
Sat, 1. May 21, 10:22

The Xenon are too weak overall - or stations and L-turrets are way too strong OOS, one I and two Ks won't even scratch a station oos.
And there's the problem with the mining nerf of course...
That balance is completely because of VRO. VRO made stations that strong.

RockLeeRocco
x4

Post by RockLeeRocco » Mon, 3. May 21, 13:12

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 23:53
RockLeeRocco wrote:
Thu, 29. Apr 21, 10:54

To be honest, I don`t think you need the Xenon. There is a lot of wars ongoing throughout the galaxy, at least in my current game. But, yeah, I still would love to see the Xenon expanding their empire, not only defending themselfes.

AlexandrUr
x3

Post by AlexandrUr » Thu, 6. May 21, 13:45

Thanks for the interesting mods!
Installed dynamic wars recently. I get errors. What could be the problem?

[[=ERROR=] 235791.94 table column finalization with reserveScrollBar: Cannot reserve enough space for scroll bar, width available=317, required=334
[General] 235791.94 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 235791.94 table column finalization with reserveScrollBar: Cannot reserve enough space for scroll bar, width available=317, required=334
[=ERROR=] 235791.94 D:/steam/SteamApps/X4 Foundations/.../menu_interactmenu.lua(2660): TruncateText(): TruncateText(): negative width or width exceeds 32-bit
[=ERROR=] 235791.94 D:/steam/SteamApps/X4 Foundations/.../menu_interactmenu.lua(2660): TruncateText(): TruncateText(): negative width or width exceeds 32-bit

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 7. May 21, 01:02

AlexandrUr wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 13:45
Thanks for the interesting mods!
Installed dynamic wars recently. I get errors. What could be the problem?

[[=ERROR=] 235791.94 table column finalization with reserveScrollBar: Cannot reserve enough space for scroll bar, width available=317, required=334
[=ERROR=] 235791.94 table column finalization with reserveScrollBar: Cannot reserve enough space for scroll bar, width available=317, required=334
As long as it still displays for you it should be fine. I don't get them on my game; what language are you using?

I'll see if there is anything I can do but the lack of proper ui modding makes it quite difficult

ThePiercdPrnc

Post by ThePiercdPrnc » Fri, 7. May 21, 08:59

First, I have to say thank you for picking up TaterTrader it's absolutely a must have for any play through. I noticed when I was downloading your mods that you didn't have a release .zip file for DeadFill it's not a big deal, because I know how to use git but it might be a problem for someone with less knowledge. Just an FYI :)

AlexandrUr
x3

Post by AlexandrUr » Fri, 7. May 21, 18:41

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 01:02

As long as it still displays for you it should be fine. I don't get them on my game; what language are you using?
I'll see if there is anything I can do but the lack of proper ui modding makes it quite difficult
Russian language.
Screen aspect ratio 5:4
Installed mods:

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 8. May 21, 03:49

ThePiercdPrnc wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 08:59
First, I have to say thank you for picking up TaterTrader it's absolutely a must have for any play through. I noticed when I was downloading your mods that you didn't have a release .zip file for DeadFill it's not a big deal, because I know how to use git but it might be a problem for someone with less knowledge. Just an FYI :)
Thanks for the heads up. Haven't needed to update it in a long time so didn't realize I didn't put one

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Sun, 9. May 21, 20:32

Hey. Is it normal that Argon are fighting vs Hatikvah? I wanted to started the missions to get Dal Busta and their HQ is almost all in smokes because of Argon pounding on their HQ at the moment. I am also using the Minor Factions Extended could that be the reason.?

Also I wanted to do the terran missions to get the phq in order to get the research stuff going. Now though the Terrans declared war on their arch nemesis the Pioneers, my mission is to find the Oberth but I am guessing the Terrans have it pulverized or something because I cannot find it and the sectors are all explored.

So I am guessing it is better to install your war module after you get the PHQ? Maybe i got to start a new play, still early so its ok.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 10. May 21, 01:19

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 20:32
Hey. Is it normal that Argon are fighting vs Hatikvah? I wanted to started the missions to get Dal Busta and their HQ is almost all in smokes because of Argon pounding on their HQ at the moment. I am also using the Minor Factions Extended could that be the reason.?

Also I wanted to do the terran missions to get the phq in order to get the research stuff going. Now though the Terrans declared war on their arch nemesis the Pioneers, my mission is to find the Oberth but I am guessing the Terrans have it pulverized or something because I cannot find it and the sectors are all explored.

So I am guessing it is better to install your war module after you get the PHQ? Maybe i got to start a new play, still early so its ok.
The only way someone is hostile with hat (that isn't by default) is if you enabled it in options or a different mod caused issues.

I honestly don't know anything about the terran storyline stuff so didn't realize it could potentially cause issues with their stuff too. It's actually pretty rare that they went to war with pioneers. I'm not sure if ego made the thing you are looking for rebuild/respawn so it may be better to restart, apologies for the inconvenience.

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Mon, 10. May 21, 14:26

hey thanks for reply. I didn't change anything and I have no other mods which could influence war behaviour except yours.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 10. May 21, 16:36

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 14:26
hey thanks for reply. I didn't change anything and I have no other mods which could influence war behaviour except yours.
You have a mod that changes stuff with HAT, it's the most likely cause

Minor faction whatever

coriolisstorm

Post by coriolisstorm » Tue, 11. May 21, 19:41

I'm playing my first modded game with VRO+all deadair mods except for god/fill/factions, maybe 8 hours in. It's interesting- it's pretty much impossible to sell any mining products (except nividium), since all the refineries are stocked. First tier or refined products are widely available and cheap, but beyond that most things are very expensive. Trading is also pretty limited since higher lvl goods sell for max price, and low lvl goods for near-minimum.

I don't necessarily hate this, but it does make it very hard to make any money in between the 2-3 miners doing nividium and full scale manufacturing stages. Except for boarding that is.

I'm going to install the "fill" module, see if that makes the economy a little more dynamic, but I'm wondering - would it have been better if I had started with "god" and the factions mods as well? I think mining was a bit too easy money in vanilla, but this seems to go a bit too far in fixing it.

Edit: should also say, I'm playing with the 4 faction enhancer modules... maybe this is what causes an oversaturation of NPC mining/trading ships?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 12. May 21, 07:45

coriolisstorm wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 19:41
I'm playing my first modded game with VRO+all deadair mods except for god/fill/factions, maybe 8 hours in. It's interesting- it's pretty much impossible to sell any mining products (except nividium), since all the refineries are stocked. First tier or refined products are widely available and cheap, but beyond that most things are very expensive. Trading is also pretty limited since higher lvl goods sell for max price, and low lvl goods for near-minimum.

I don't necessarily hate this, but it does make it very hard to make any money in between the 2-3 miners doing nividium and full scale manufacturing stages. Except for boarding that is.

I'm going to install the "fill" module, see if that makes the economy a little more dynamic, but I'm wondering - would it have been better if I had started with "god" and the factions mods as well? I think mining was a bit too easy money in vanilla, but this seems to go a bit too far in fixing it.

Edit: should also say, I'm playing with the 4 faction enhancer modules... maybe this is what causes an oversaturation of NPC mining/trading ships?
The amount of miners from jobs are balanced around supplying the stations in god and supplying factions for more war than just the vanilla factions provide.

Fill will work as a stop gap to provide a small injection of needed wares to prevent a stalling of the economy and more importantly provides a non war based drainage. Basically, until the economy matures more, your economy will be metered by the amount of wares that each type of station can convert (output is actually quite low in vanilla)

coriolisstorm

Post by coriolisstorm » Wed, 12. May 21, 13:03

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 07:45
coriolisstorm wrote:

The amount of miners from jobs are balanced around supplying the stations in god and supplying factions for more war than just the vanilla factions provide.

Fill will work as a stop gap to provide a small injection of needed wares to prevent a stalling of the economy and more importantly provides a non war based drainage. Basically, until the economy matures more, your economy will be metered by the amount of wares that each type of station can convert (output is actually quite low in vanilla)
Yeah that makes sense. I guess my only question then is, do you recommend using the faction enhancer mods alongside your mods, or not? I can't tell if they are trying to do very similar things and overlapping, or if FE has more AI tweaks that could be complimentary

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Wed, 12. May 21, 13:57

coriolisstorm wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 13:03
DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 07:45
coriolisstorm wrote:

Yeah that makes sense. I guess my only question then is, do you recommend using the faction enhancer mods alongside your mods, or not? I can't tell if they are trying to do very similar things and overlapping, or if FE has more AI tweaks that could be complimentary
I've been using Mysterials Faction packs and everything seems fine. I typically go war-heavy start coupled with deadair mods and FOCW w/ Corp mod. My latest save playthrough I left the Terrans as neutral at the beginning with everyone (doesn't last of course) and made the Pioneers go to war with Antigone, Argon, and Zyarth. Pioneers seem to steamroll better than Terran since they aren't hindered by scripted events. Teladi trade ship in Asteroid Belt on top of the events in Getsu Fune. HOP is another steamroller early game typically. You go with Teladi and their ships if you want a challenge in X4. Teladi capitals are hot garbage in comparison.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”