[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

o-papaya-o
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by o-papaya-o » Sun, 14. Mar 21, 18:00

Hi, I would like to know if the mods "DeadAir Dynamic Wars, TaterTrader, still work or are they kept up to date.
C’est en voyant un moustique se poser sur ses coui**** que l’on s’aperçoit qu’on ne peut pas régler tous les problèmes par la violence.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 14. Mar 21, 18:13

o-papaya-o wrote:
Sun, 14. Mar 21, 18:00
Hi, I would like to know if the mods "DeadAir Dynamic Wars, TaterTrader, still work or are they kept up to date.
yes, yes, and yes

I don't upload X4 beta versions to steam

o-papaya-o
x4

Post by o-papaya-o » Sun, 14. Mar 21, 18:30

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 14. Mar 21, 18:13
o-papaya-o wrote:
Sun, 14. Mar 21, 18:00
yes, yes, and yes

I don't upload X4 beta versions to steam
Ok ok, anyway I take the mods on github, another question all your mods are compatible with each other (new and old). If you want I'm translating the new mods into French tell me and I'll give them to you once tested by discord.
C’est en voyant un moustique se poser sur ses coui**** que l’on s’aperçoit qu’on ne peut pas régler tous les problèmes par la violence.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sun, 14. Mar 21, 18:31

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 14. Mar 21, 15:51
In the game 1,2,3, and 4 star pilots have reduced acceleration, speed, and turning rates. This brings 3 and 4 star pilots up to the level of 5 star but they still have increased reaction time. It buffs 1 and 2 star pilots to not be as severe of a penalty.

The changes I made to experience gain are slightly increased rates but also that certain activities don't cap out at low levels. Previously you could have a ship mining for an infinite amount of time but it was never possible to reach 5 stars.

These changes were made based on 4.0 beta files. Any of the files can be removed if there is a different solution you prefer or if you don't like the change.
Makes sense.

Haven't tought about removing unpreferred changes but it seems that all of them are welcome in my game.
I'll just keep an eye on "Factions will use ships further from the front lines for offense and defense" behaviour.

Thanks for sharing your work.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 14. Mar 21, 19:07

o-papaya-o wrote:
Sun, 14. Mar 21, 18:30
Ok ok, anyway I take the mods on github, another question all your mods are compatible with each other (new and old). If you want I'm translating the new mods into French tell me and I'll give them to you once tested by discord.
Appreciate it as always! The only mod that is no longer being supported is deadair gate overhaul as it was too much work to maintain.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 14. Mar 21, 19:15

Thought I'd share a quick psa regarding CoH:

It will take me some time to get everything debug free and ready for CoH. I wasn't one of the people chosen for early access so as soon as it releases, I have to play catch up.

The faction mods, fill, gate, dynamic wars, and ai tweaks should be fine without updates.

Ware, God, and jobs will certainly require an update to apply my changes to the new factions. If you can't contain your excitement and wait, ware and jobs should be able to apply retroactively but will likely have some consequences for the economy. God only applies to new games (or initial spawn) so if you want the changes to apply to new factions, you should wait to start new game / continue save for when it's updated.

Tanvaras
x4

Post by Tanvaras » Sun, 14. Mar 21, 22:37

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 14. Mar 21, 19:15

It will take me some time to get everything debug free and ready for CoH. I wasn't one of the people chosen for early access so as soon as it releases, I have to play catch up.

<snipped>
Thanks for the continued work on your mods. Really enjoy the mods in my game plays, look forward to when they are updated (when time permits).
“We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
“Talent is a pursued interest"
“Let's get crazy.”
“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”

Bob Ross, 29 October 1942 - 4 July 1995

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 15. Mar 21, 01:09

Tanvaras wrote:
Sun, 14. Mar 21, 22:37
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 14. Mar 21, 19:15

<snipped>
Thanks for the continued work on your mods. Really enjoy the mods in my game plays, look forward to when they are updated (when time permits).
If I happen to get sick the day it releases, it'll be fairly quick I hope :mrgreen:

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 07:38

Well that took longer than I expected.

Released updates for
Factions
Ware
Jobs
God
Dynamic Wars
VRO Lite
Gate

Good night

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 12:40

Thanks DeadAir.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 14:57

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 07:38
Well that took longer than I expected.

Released updates for
Factions
Ware
Jobs
God
Dynamic Wars
VRO Lite
Gate

Good night
Pretty quick turnaround imo. Thank you, sir.
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

o-papaya-o
x4

Post by o-papaya-o » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 18:15

Hi, I just started a new game with all your updated mods and updated Vro-lite. I notice that if we start from one of the four new sectors it is impossible to buy a ship in these new sectors because the "Internal Generator" of VRO is not available, but in the vanilla sectors it is available.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 19:20

o-papaya-o wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 18:15
Hi, I just started a new game with all your updated mods and updated Vro-lite. I notice that if we start from one of the four new sectors it is impossible to buy a ship in these new sectors because the "Internal Generator" of VRO is not available, but in the vanilla sectors it is available.
I just uploaded a hotfix for vro-lite an hour ago and there was an update for deadairfactions-vro late last night.

I just went in game and tested it, was able to buy ships without issue. Double check that you have the newest version and let me know if you are still getting issues.

Adronyth
x4

Post by Adronyth » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 19:23

I totally appreciate your mods but I miss the dedicated dynamic war starts the old version just keeps crashing

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 19:35

Adronyth wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 19:23
I totally appreciate your mods but I miss the dedicated dynamic war starts the old version just keeps crashing
There is one "advanced" start with damarr currently but I do have plans on adding some more. Right now I have a lot of bug hunting and balancing to do though.

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 00:02

Glad you continue your project. I feared after you few posts a while ago that you will quit modding X4.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 00:12

Perkel wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 00:02
Glad you continue your project. I feared after you few posts a while ago that you will quit modding X4.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I was gone for a good couple of months. These new projects are less changes overall to vanilla so it should require much less patching

Dan Rowan
x4

Post by Dan Rowan » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:07

Cant wait to start a new game once your done updating all your mods! Great work and thanks for the awesome mods!

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:11

Dan Rowan wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:07
Cant wait to start a new game once your done updating all your mods! Great work and thanks for the awesome mods!
All of mine are good to go, I haven't found any issues so far. I will be honest, I have no clue how the balancing for terran will be.

Dan Rowan
x4

Post by Dan Rowan » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:18

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:11
Dan Rowan wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:07
All of mine are good to go, I haven't found any issues so far. I will be honest, I have no clue how the balancing for terran will be.
Well in that case I am going to start it up! I will return if I run into any issues and let you know.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”