[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 10. May 21, 16:36

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 14:26
hey thanks for reply. I didn't change anything and I have no other mods which could influence war behaviour except yours.
You have a mod that changes stuff with HAT, it's the most likely cause

Minor faction whatever

coriolisstorm

Post by coriolisstorm » Tue, 11. May 21, 19:41

I'm playing my first modded game with VRO+all deadair mods except for god/fill/factions, maybe 8 hours in. It's interesting- it's pretty much impossible to sell any mining products (except nividium), since all the refineries are stocked. First tier or refined products are widely available and cheap, but beyond that most things are very expensive. Trading is also pretty limited since higher lvl goods sell for max price, and low lvl goods for near-minimum.

I don't necessarily hate this, but it does make it very hard to make any money in between the 2-3 miners doing nividium and full scale manufacturing stages. Except for boarding that is.

I'm going to install the "fill" module, see if that makes the economy a little more dynamic, but I'm wondering - would it have been better if I had started with "god" and the factions mods as well? I think mining was a bit too easy money in vanilla, but this seems to go a bit too far in fixing it.

Edit: should also say, I'm playing with the 4 faction enhancer modules... maybe this is what causes an oversaturation of NPC mining/trading ships?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 12. May 21, 07:45

coriolisstorm wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 19:41
I'm playing my first modded game with VRO+all deadair mods except for god/fill/factions, maybe 8 hours in. It's interesting- it's pretty much impossible to sell any mining products (except nividium), since all the refineries are stocked. First tier or refined products are widely available and cheap, but beyond that most things are very expensive. Trading is also pretty limited since higher lvl goods sell for max price, and low lvl goods for near-minimum.

I don't necessarily hate this, but it does make it very hard to make any money in between the 2-3 miners doing nividium and full scale manufacturing stages. Except for boarding that is.

I'm going to install the "fill" module, see if that makes the economy a little more dynamic, but I'm wondering - would it have been better if I had started with "god" and the factions mods as well? I think mining was a bit too easy money in vanilla, but this seems to go a bit too far in fixing it.

Edit: should also say, I'm playing with the 4 faction enhancer modules... maybe this is what causes an oversaturation of NPC mining/trading ships?
The amount of miners from jobs are balanced around supplying the stations in god and supplying factions for more war than just the vanilla factions provide.

Fill will work as a stop gap to provide a small injection of needed wares to prevent a stalling of the economy and more importantly provides a non war based drainage. Basically, until the economy matures more, your economy will be metered by the amount of wares that each type of station can convert (output is actually quite low in vanilla)

coriolisstorm

Post by coriolisstorm » Wed, 12. May 21, 13:03

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 07:45
coriolisstorm wrote:

The amount of miners from jobs are balanced around supplying the stations in god and supplying factions for more war than just the vanilla factions provide.

Fill will work as a stop gap to provide a small injection of needed wares to prevent a stalling of the economy and more importantly provides a non war based drainage. Basically, until the economy matures more, your economy will be metered by the amount of wares that each type of station can convert (output is actually quite low in vanilla)
Yeah that makes sense. I guess my only question then is, do you recommend using the faction enhancer mods alongside your mods, or not? I can't tell if they are trying to do very similar things and overlapping, or if FE has more AI tweaks that could be complimentary

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Wed, 12. May 21, 13:57

coriolisstorm wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 13:03
DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 07:45
coriolisstorm wrote:

Yeah that makes sense. I guess my only question then is, do you recommend using the faction enhancer mods alongside your mods, or not? I can't tell if they are trying to do very similar things and overlapping, or if FE has more AI tweaks that could be complimentary
I've been using Mysterials Faction packs and everything seems fine. I typically go war-heavy start coupled with deadair mods and FOCW w/ Corp mod. My latest save playthrough I left the Terrans as neutral at the beginning with everyone (doesn't last of course) and made the Pioneers go to war with Antigone, Argon, and Zyarth. Pioneers seem to steamroll better than Terran since they aren't hindered by scripted events. Teladi trade ship in Asteroid Belt on top of the events in Getsu Fune. HOP is another steamroller early game typically. You go with Teladi and their ships if you want a challenge in X4. Teladi capitals are hot garbage in comparison.

mAritz
x4

Post by mAritz » Wed, 12. May 21, 16:34

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 20:32
Hey. Is it normal that Argon are fighting vs Hatikvah? I wanted to started the missions to get Dal Busta and their HQ is almost all in smokes because of Argon pounding on their HQ at the moment. I am also using the Minor Factions Extended could that be the reason.?
I have this in my current game to some degree. Argon and HAT are not at war, but the HQ is under constant attack by an Argon station in turret range and there are a lot of Argon freighters around the HAT HQ that are getting decimated by the HQ one by one.

I think there was some accidental friendly fire somewhere maybe and that escalated? Is that even possible? I think maybe HOP was trading with the HAT HQ and Argon is at war with HOP, so the Argon station fired on the HOP traders that were landing at the HAT HQ.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 13. May 21, 18:10

mAritz wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 16:34
KroelleBoelle wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 20:32
Hey. Is it normal that Argon are fighting vs Hatikvah? I wanted to started the missions to get Dal Busta and their HQ is almost all in smokes because of Argon pounding on their HQ at the moment. I am also using the Minor Factions Extended could that be the reason.?
I have this in my current game to some degree. Argon and HAT are not at war, but the HQ is under constant attack by an Argon station in turret range and there are a lot of Argon freighters around the HAT HQ that are getting decimated by the HQ one by one.

I think there was some accidental friendly fire somewhere maybe and that escalated? Is that even possible? I think maybe HOP was trading with the HAT HQ and Argon is at war with HOP, so the Argon station fired on the HOP traders that were landing at the HAT HQ.
It's possible in the situation you described.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 13. May 21, 18:14

coriolisstorm wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 13:03
FE actually barely touches any of the stuff I mod. He focuses more on the logic behind things while I give the ai more tools to use the logic on. They should be compatible but in all honesty, his mod has grown so much that I don't have the time anymore to sit down and look through all the code to understand everything. As of now, I think they are perfectly fine to use together.

voitaL
x3tc

Post by voitaL » Thu, 13. May 21, 18:44

Did your DeadAir Dynamic Wars mod work with mysteral's 4 Enhancer mods?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 14. May 21, 14:50

voitaL wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 18:44
Did your DeadAir Dynamic Wars mod work with mysteral's 4 Enhancer mods?
Yes.

Sassy_Pancakes
x4

Post by Sassy_Pancakes » Tue, 18. May 21, 00:58

Hey DeadAir, I just want to say thank you for sharing all of this. The starts for the new factions are also great for those who want to explore the new world.
(Ps. Buying the paintmods? Fantastic.)

Diatsa

Post by Diatsa » Wed, 19. May 21, 00:26

Fill doesn't seem to have a version release, or am I overlooking something? I'm not used to Github, so do we download the separate files then and create a map ourselves in the extensions map?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 20. May 21, 05:35

Diatsa wrote:
Wed, 19. May 21, 00:26
Fill doesn't seem to have a version release, or am I overlooking something? I'm not used to Github, so do we download the separate files then and create a map ourselves in the extensions map?
Sorry about that, finally got around to it. In case I ever forget again:

You click code > download zip > extract to extensions folder > remove -master from folder name

scuderica8492
x3ap

Post by scuderica8492 » Fri, 28. May 21, 16:23

Thank you for great mod DeadAir.
I heard x4's performance is very dependent on total universe station number and ship counts, now question is, if you compare vanilla job and your DeadAir Job, which is more heavy for performance wise?
Usually I get 40-60FPS during early-mid game, but After I built shipyard and pumping out other factions ships, performance gradually drops to 20-30FPS average in vanilla job number.
Is it safe to install DeadAir job?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 28. May 21, 18:04

scuderica8492 wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 16:23
I heard x4's performance is very dependent on total universe station number and ship counts, now question is, if you compare vanilla job and your DeadAir Job, which is more heavy for performance wise?
Usually I get 40-60FPS during early-mid game, but After I built shipyard and pumping out other factions ships, performance gradually drops to 20-30FPS average in vanilla job number.
I did try to minimize the performance impact as much as I could, but there are still more ships than vanilla. It's nowhere near as heavy as DAGO was, but I think it may lead to unacceptable fps for you.

I'm still working on trying to refine both the ship and station count using deadair jobs, deadair ware, and deadair god. If I make any significant improvements on performance, I will be sure to make an announcement.

scuderica8492
x3ap

Post by scuderica8492 » Fri, 28. May 21, 19:16

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 18:04
scuderica8492 wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 16:23
I did try to minimize the performance impact as much as I could, but there are still more ships than vanilla. It's nowhere near as heavy as DAGO was, but I think it may lead to unacceptable fps for you.

I'm still working on trying to refine both the ship and station count using deadair jobs, deadair ware, and deadair god. If I make any significant improvements on performance, I will be sure to make an announcement.
Thank you for clarifying! I'll use your mod without job, and see if I can handle the performance.
Cheers.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 28. May 21, 19:28

scuderica8492 wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 19:16
Thank you for clarifying! I'll use your mod without job, and see if I can handle the performance.
Cheers.
Glad to help. Let me know how it goes, the more useful performance feedback I receive, the easier it is for me to adjust.

Most of the adjustments I make, I can only infer how it will perform on other computers.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 28. May 21, 22:44

scuderica8492 wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 19:16
Cheers.
Just did a quick fps test on my computer to try and give a baseline for the current public versions. I started a new game, sat in my ship for 5 minutes while observing fps. Here are my specs and some caveats:
i9 9900k
RTX 2080ti
64.0gb ram @ 3200 mhz (I always thought I was running 3600 mhz lol)
Debug mode parameters - "-debug all -logfile debuglog.txt"

With all my mods: 14323 ships total // 94 fps - 100 fps
With all my mods EXCEPT jobs: 13112 ships total // 97 fps - 99 fps

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 29. May 21, 20:02

I need some feedback from whoever is using my AiTweaks. Are there any instances where you are still seeing ships not using travel drive when you think they should?

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Sun, 30. May 21, 10:27

Not on my end. The only issue I have with travel drive usage is, that ships often seem to use travel drive for just a second or so when they are already close to their destination, which given the time it takes to actually spin up the travel drive, makes it potentially slower than if they would've just flown there without it - and it looks weird.
Basically when they get close they stop using travel drive, just to spin it up again immediately to continue travelling with travel drive for another second before again turning it off and sometimes repeating this a couple of times before they deem themselves close enough to just fly the remaining part of the way.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”