[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

shovelmonkey
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by shovelmonkey » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 22:47

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 22:29
if you could run the game with the combination that lead to it failing to start game it would help greatly. the file will be located in your documents folder under egosoft/x4/(steam id)/debuglog.txt
Heres the debug... Wow, that's alot of errors. I guess all those things don't play as nice as I thought. :lol:

EDIT - I Disabled Mysterial's mods as well and still getting the lock. So maybe not a compatibility issue with his stuff?
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 23:37

shovelmonkey wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 22:47
Alright, so good news is you have exactly one error from my scripts (with intentional effect!)

Code: Select all

Skipping MD file extensions\deadairdynamicwars\md\dynamicwarconversations.xml: Script name 'DynamicWarConversations' already found in file extensions\FOCWCorporationsRevised\md\dynamicwarconversations.xml
I will actually be finally completely removing this file in the next patch, but I let blackrain use the code and his is better + more up to date (the talking to faction representative for changing reputation script)

Going over your debug log:
I'm guessing it's one of the VRO patch mods but something is causing:

[Message] LibraryLoadout():
Loadout 'player_1616174267' requires extension 'vro_lite' version 300 or greater in the game folder but no version is available.
[Emitter] <AnonymousEmitter>
If you are using VRO instead you can probably change the id to vro, if you are using vro_lite then I'm not actually sure why it's failing.

Some evidence of SVE having a conflict with something:

[Message] Missing component macro 'viper_macro' in file 'extensions\ship_variation_expansion\assets\units\size_l\macros\viper_macro' as referenced in: index\macros
Mods with errors:
kk4duy_hazard_rework

No matching node for path '/regions/region[@name="region_cluster_32_sector_001"]/fields/damagefield[damage/@noshield]' in patch file 'extensions\kk4duy_hazard_rework\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
Some weapon mod?

[Message] WareDB::Import(): ware 'weapon_ter_scimitar_beam_l_ware' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
Something changing jobs?

[Message] ShipGenerator: no attribute 'list' or 'basket' for <wares> node and there is no valid default basket for cargo in definition for ship group/ref/macro 'null'
xpan

[Message] Missing component macro 'xpan_zone003_clusterxpan06_sector001_macro' in file 'extensions\xpan\maps\xu_ep2_universe\xpan_zones' as referenced in: index\macros
FOCW Corporations (probably a conflict with something)

[Message] No matching node for path '//do_if[@value='this.$SelectedRace']/do_any' in patch file 'extensions\FOCWCorporationsRevised\md\npc_instantiation.xml'. Skipping node.
Whatever adds fusion cores

[Message] Property lookup failed: ware.fusioncores
the cheat mod everyone uses apparently causes TONS of debug errors

extensions\iseeu0_cheat\md\iseeu0_cheat_databases.xml(1): Warning while parsing expression: Property lookup failed
* Input: macro.enforcer_macro
More xpan

[Message] Duplicate cue name ActivateGate_Wait in MD script extensions\xpan\md\setup_xpan.xml, line 103
Unknown

aiscripts\order.dock.xml(71): Script node 'run_script' is not allowed in this context.
Unknown

aiscripts\order.fight.protect.ship.xml(22): Script node 'resume' is not allowed in this context.
FS inv?

extensions\fs_inv\aiscripts\inventorycollector.xml(183): Attribute 'min' provided without 'max' for random range, will be treated as 'exact'
JP Trade explorer

extensions\jp_tradesubscriptionexplorer\aiscripts\jp_exploretradesubscription_tse.xml(64): Attribute 'min' provided without 'max' for random range, will be treated as 'exact'
SVE

Script warning: MD script 'SVEDerelictPlunderer' references non-existing AI order 'AttackObject' via <create_order>
Unknown

Error in MD cue md.FactoryTransporter_Signals.FactoryTransporter_Signal_SyncOrders: Property lookup failed: global.$FactoryTransporter_symbols_requestOrderSync
* Expression: global.$FactoryTransporter_symbols_requestOrderSync
* Action: <signal_objects>, line 163
Reactive Factions retribution

Error in MD cue md.ReactiveMain.ReactiveInit: Property lookup failed: $ListofCooldowns
* Expression: $ListofCooldowns != null and $ListofCooldowns.count gt 0
* Action: <do_if>, line 597
Conflict with tweaks:
Smarter Turrets

No matching node for path '(//set_value[@name='$scantime' and @exact='500ms + ((1.0 - (@this.assignedcontrolled.combinedskill / 100.0)) * 60s)'])[1]/@exact' in patch file 'extensions\smarter_turrets\aiscripts\fight.attack.object.capital.xml'. Skipping node.
Definitely caused by my mod loading first. I'll give you a solution to try if you would like further down. Faction fix.

No matching node for path '//do_if[@value='not $boost? and $allowboost and ($combinedskill ge 80)']' in patch file 'extensions\faction_fix_pack\aiscripts\move.attack.object.capital.xml'. Skipping node.
Whatever improved mining is. I'm also not sure why improved mining is touching the generic move script

No matching node for path '/aiscript[@name='move.generic']/attention[@min='unknown']/actions/do_if[@value='not @$rotation']/do_if/move_to' in patch file 'extensions\improved_mining\aiscripts\move.generic.xml'. Skipping node.
You can try making my tweaks load after mysterials faction fix pack which would cause his changes to take precedence (and cause some of my changes to be error'd out, which is fine since we both do proper diff xpaths). To accomplish this, add these in the content file of deadairtweaks

<dependency id="ws_1668457361" optional="true" name="Faction Enhancer - War Module" />
	<dependency id="ws_1668473070" optional="true" name="Faction Enhancer - Econ AI Module" />
	<dependency id="ws_1668472321" optional="true" name="Faction Enhancer - Econ Balance Module" />

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 23:56

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 23:37
shovelmonkey wrote:
Alright, so good news is you have exactly one error from my scripts (with intentional effect!)

Skipping MD file extensions\deadairdynamicwars\md\dynamicwarconversations.xml: Script name 'DynamicWarConversations' already found in file extensions\FOCWCorporationsRevised\md\dynamicwarconversations.xml
I will actually be finally completely removing this file in the next patch, but I let blackrain use the code and his is better + more up to date (the talking to faction representative for changing reputation script)

Spoiler
Show

Loadout 'player_1616174267' requires extension 'vro_lite' version 300 or greater in the game folder but no version is available.
If you are using VRO instead you can probably change the id to vro, if you are using vro_lite then I'm not actually sure why it's failing.

[Message] Missing component macro 'viper_macro' in file 'extensions\ship_variation_expansion\assets\units\size_l\macros\viper_macro' as referenced in: index\macros
Mods with errors:
kk4duy_hazard_rework

No matching node for path '/regions/region[@name="region_cluster_32_sector_001"]/fields/damagefield[damage/@noshield]' in patch file 'extensions\kk4duy_hazard_rework\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
Some weapon mod?

[Message] WareDB::Import(): ware 'weapon_ter_scimitar_beam_l_ware' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
Something changing jobs?

[Message] ShipGenerator: no attribute 'list' or 'basket' for <wares> node and there is no valid default basket for cargo in definition for ship group/ref/macro 'null'
xpan

[Message] Missing component macro 'xpan_zone003_clusterxpan06_sector001_macro' in file 'extensions\xpan\maps\xu_ep2_universe\xpan_zones' as referenced in: index\macros

[Message] No matching node for path '//do_if[@value='this.$SelectedRace']/do_any' in patch file 'extensions\FOCWCorporationsRevised\md\npc_instantiation.xml'. Skipping node.

extensions\iseeu0_cheat\md\iseeu0_cheat_databases.xml(1): Warning while parsing expression: Property lookup failed
More xpan

[Message] Duplicate cue name ActivateGate_Wait in MD script extensions\xpan\md\setup_xpan.xml, line 103
Unknown

aiscripts\order.dock.xml(71): Script node 'run_script' is not allowed in this context.
Unknown

aiscripts\order.fight.protect.ship.xml(22): Script node 'resume' is not allowed in this context.
FS inv?

extensions\fs_inv\aiscripts\inventorycollector.xml(183): Attribute 'min' provided without 'max' for random range, will be treated as 'exact'
JP Trade explorer

extensions\jp_tradesubscriptionexplorer\aiscripts\jp_exploretradesubscription_tse.xml(64): Attribute 'min' provided without 'max' for random range, will be treated as 'exact'
SVE

Script warning: MD script 'SVEDerelictPlunderer' references non-existing AI order 'AttackObject' via <create_order>
Unknown

Error in MD cue md.FactoryTransporter_Signals.FactoryTransporter_Signal_SyncOrders: Property lookup failed: global.$FactoryTransporter_symbols_requestOrderSync

Error in MD cue md.ReactiveMain.ReactiveInit: Property lookup failed: $ListofCooldowns
Conflict with tweaks:
Smarter Turrets

No matching node for path '(//set_value[@name='$scantime' and @exact='500ms + ((1.0 - (@this.assignedcontrolled.combinedskill / 100.0)) * 60s)'])[1]/@exact' in patch file 'extensions\smarter_turrets\aiscripts\fight.attack.object.capital.xml'. Skipping node.
Definitely caused by my mod loading first. I'll give you a solution to try if you would like further down. Faction fix.

No matching node for path '//do_if[@value='not $boost? and $allowboost and ($combinedskill ge 80)']' in patch file 'extensions\faction_fix_pack\aiscripts\move.attack.object.capital.xml'. Skipping node.
Whatever improved mining is. I'm also not sure why improved mining is touching the generic move script

No matching node for path '/aiscript[@name='move.generic']/attention[@min='unknown']/actions/do_if[@value='not @$rotation']/do_if/move_to' in patch file 'extensions\improved_mining\aiscripts\move.generic.xml'. Skipping node.
You can try making my tweaks load after mysterials faction fix pack which would cause his changes to take precedence (and cause some of my changes to be error'd out, which is fine since we both do proper diff xpaths). To accomplish this, add these in the content file of deadairtweaks

<dependency id="ws_1668457361" optional="true" name="Faction Enhancer - War Module" />
	<dependency id="ws_1668473070" optional="true" name="Faction Enhancer - Econ AI Module" />
	<dependency id="ws_1668472321" optional="true" name="Faction Enhancer - Econ Balance Module" />
I'll definitely try the load order thing between your's and mysterials mods since I'd love to use both.

Thank you for the breakdown on the rest of my log, that was above and beyond on your part. What I find most interesting about all of that is that I've interchanged your VRO lite and standard VRO over several games. Currently using standard VRO. Not sure if yours is up to date, once it is I'll be switching back to lite. I always tend to use your stuff when it's fresh. Also, some of the errors, such as the fusion cores thing are from mods that aren't even in my extensions folder anymore. :gruebel: I for one don't care about restarting, I enjoy the simulation at any stage. And with custom start creative (and maybe a little savegame editing) I can effectively place the game at any state I want.

Some of the others that are causing problems (such as improved mining, I think vanilla behavior is much improved in 4.xx) I can probably weed them out, but perhaps I would benefit from completely wiping any trace of X4 from my drive and starting over? Seeing as I'm seeing shadows of mods I no longer use in this log?

Finally, as to the issue causing the lock as hand, you've been able to track it down then? Because I won't lie, most of this is greek to me other than seeing phrases with names I recognise!

EDIT - Speaking of greek, I realize now the load order idea is the suggested fix. I'll try it tommorrow.
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 01:35

shovelmonkey wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 23:56
DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 23:37
shovelmonkey wrote:

Spoiler
Show

Mods with errors:
kk4duy_hazard_rework

Some weapon mod?

Something changing jobs?

xpan

More xpan

Unknown

Unknown

FS inv?

JP Trade explorer

SVE

Unknown

Conflict with tweaks:
Smarter Turrets

I'll definitely try the load order thing between your's and mysterials mods since I'd love to use both.

Thank you for the breakdown on the rest of my log, that was above and beyond on your part. What I find most interesting about all of that is that I've interchanged your VRO lite and standard VRO over several games. Currently using standard VRO. Not sure if yours is up to date, once it is I'll be switching back to lite. I always tend to use your stuff when it's fresh. Also, some of the errors, such as the fusion cores thing are from mods that aren't even in my extensions folder anymore. :gruebel: I for one don't care about restarting, I enjoy the simulation at any stage. And with custom start creative (and maybe a little savegame editing) I can effectively place the game at any state I want.

Some of the others that are causing problems (such as improved mining, I think vanilla behavior is much improved in 4.xx) I can probably weed them out, but perhaps I would benefit from completely wiping any trace of X4 from my drive and starting over? Seeing as I'm seeing shadows of mods I no longer use in this log?

Finally, as to the issue causing the lock as hand, you've been able to track it down then? Because I won't lie, most of this is greek to me other than seeing phrases with names I recognise!

EDIT - Speaking of greek, I realize now the load order idea is the suggested fix. I'll try it tommorrow.
No worries, I'm glad to help out every now and then. I think the best bet is to try the load order fix with my mod and mysterial's then I can dive deeper to see if something else is the cause.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 18:34

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 01:35
No worries, I'm glad to help out every now and then. I think the best bet is to try the load order fix with my mod and mysterial's then I can dive deeper to see if something else is the cause.
So, I completely erased any trace of X4 from my computer and freshly installed and then painstaking and boringly installed all my mods back one by one starting with yours.

It loads now, without having to do any load order trickery. Only mods I didn't reinstall where the cheat mod, improved mining, and factory transporter. I don't know if there was a conflict there or if my game was just so polluted from years (yes years) of installing, uninstalling, changing, reinstalling all the different mods...

So now to start yet another new game and see if they all live in harmony. 700+ hours in X4 and I don't think I've ever had an empire of more than three stations and two or three L ships... :lol: I cam the worst restarter.

I thank you for your help, sir!
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 20:21

shovelmonkey wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 18:34
DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 01:35
So, I completely erased any trace of X4 from my computer and freshly installed and then painstaking and boringly installed all my mods back one by one starting with yours.

It loads now, without having to do any load order trickery. Only mods I didn't reinstall where the cheat mod, improved mining, and factory transporter. I don't know if there was a conflict there or if my game was just so polluted from years (yes years) of installing, uninstalling, changing, reinstalling all the different mods...

So now to start yet another new game and see if they all live in harmony. 700+ hours in X4 and I don't think I've ever had an empire of more than three stations and two or three L ships... :lol: I cam the worst restarter.

I thank you for your help, sir!
Glad to help and sorry it had to come to those steps. I actually have only ever built a wharf once since I usually get one (always hull parts) station built then decide I want to make big changes lol.

Dunkh4n
x3ap

Post by Dunkh4n » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 09:59

Hi,

I would like to start a new game with your mod and vro, but i see that you use your own version of vro -> vro lite.
I can't find that version of vro.
Where can i download it ??

edit: is it the version on your github page ??
https://github.com/DeadAirRT/VRO

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 14:25

Dunkh4n wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 09:59
Hi,

I would like to start a new game with your mod and vro, but i see that you use your own version of vro -> vro lite.

Yup it is the version on my github.

Dunkh4n
x3ap

Post by Dunkh4n » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 14:48

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 14:25
Dunkh4n wrote:
Hi,

As there is no zipped "release pack", i just download it and rename the folder vro-lite (inside the folder VRO-master) ?! Is that correct ?

Edit: I just saw your post here, where you said how to rename the folder :roll:
Last edited by Dunkh4n on Wed, 19. Jan 22, 15:06, edited 2 times in total.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 15:04

Dunkh4n wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 14:48
DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 14:25
Dunkh4n wrote:
Hi,

As there is no zipped "release pack", i just download it and rename the folder vro-lite (inside the folder VRO-master) ?! Is that correct ?
The folder has to be named "vro" actually. I tried to upload a zipped version but it's too big for GitHub unfortunately

Dunkh4n
x3ap

Post by Dunkh4n » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 15:27

So i've installed all your mods, even the factions one, vro lite, and FOCW Corporations REVISED V.1.70 + some other QOL mod which i don't think can cause problems.

Is there is a very loooong time when launching a new game for the first time ? It stuck at 96% for 5 min now
Can i launch the first start with just vro-lite and .. ?? like some mod that need to be launched with a fresh game, and some that i can launch after ??

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 15:48

Dunkh4n wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 15:27
So i've installed all your mods, even the factions one, vro lite, and FOCW Corporations REVISED V.1.70 + some other QOL mod which i don't think can cause problems.

Is there is a very loooong time when launching a new game for the first time ? It stuck at 96% for 5 min now
Can i launch the first start with just vro-lite and .. ?? like some mod that need to be launched with a fresh game, and some that i can launch after ??
What is your mod list?

Dunkh4n
x3ap

Post by Dunkh4n » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 17:01

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 15:48
Dunkh4n wrote:

What is your mod list?
A lot :D Like 78 mods total :oops:

But nevermind, i finally get it work.
I removed all the mods in the extension folder, unsuscribed on steam and nexus, restart with just your mod and vro, that's worked, so i resuscribed to the QOL mod and everything went fine..

What did you mean by that (here)
FOCW is compatible but my jobs are balanced differently; if using my jobs I would recommend only adjusting xenon with focw.
How can i do that ?? And can i do it on a save game ??

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 18:42

Dunkh4n wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 17:01
DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 15:48
Dunkh4n wrote:

What is your mod list?
A lot :D Like 78 mods total :oops:

But nevermind, i finally get it work.
I removed all the mods in the extension folder, unsuscribed on steam and nexus, restart with just your mod and vro, that's worked, so i resuscribed to the QOL mod and everything went fine..

What did you mean by that (here)
FOCW is compatible but my jobs are balanced differently; if using my jobs I would recommend only adjusting xenon with focw.
How can i do that ?? And can i do it on a save game ??
It's for FOCW not corporations. There is a way to configure his mod in a settings file and I haven't tested the balance of his stuff so I couldn't speak to what effects it would have.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 18:47

Something looks different in Amarr space
Spoiler
Show
https://i.ibb.co/6PMsRPM/20220204110147-1.jpg
CCP Copyright Notice

EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this mod, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this mod. This material is used with limited permission of CCP Games. No official affiliation or endorsement by CCP Games is stated or implied.
Last edited by Terre on Fri, 4. Feb 22, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 4. Feb 22, 22:28

Last edited by Terre on Fri, 4. Feb 22, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked
Well that's is dumb. Completely ruins said post behind a spoiler tag that someone has to click in order to view. What is this 1990 with a 640x480 requirement when it's already hosted on another website?

qazerowl
x3ap

Post by qazerowl » Sat, 5. Feb 22, 08:30

When using your new faction mods and dynamic wars, I am able to ask the new factions about their relationships with vanilla factions. But I am not able to ask vanilla factions about their opinions of the new factions, or ask the new factions about other new factions. Are there any plans to address this so that the new factions are treated the same?

To what degree will you support other mods that add new sectors? "XPANed Sectors Advanced" adds a few that overlap with sectors added by your faction mods. While I'd love to have a full patch that re-does the jump gates to link the new sectors, I realize that's more support than you're probably willing to do. A patch to just move the sectors on the map so they're not overlapping would be very appreciated. I attempted to edit the coordinates myself, but your new sectors seem to all have names like "deadair sector 1" internally, so I wasn't able to tell which ones I was editing.

The layout of your new sectors is very strange. The most obvious point being that the groups of linked sectors all owned by one faction are physically spaced out on the map. Groups of tightly linked systems in the vanilla map are all touching. Not that it has any gameplay impact, but it's weird, is more likely to cause overlaps, and make it just a little less intuitive to see how everything is linked up. This arrangement is especially strange considering that in each of the 4 mods, there is only one sector linking the faction space to the rest of the galaxy. That's an insane defensive advantage, and it also makes it very hard to appreciate your new sectors. I know that these areas are on the outskirts of the galaxy, but the entirety of their territory being a dead end means that I basically never go there, and my traders don't want to either. Especially the 3 factions that are all next to each other: it's strange that they do not connect at all.

I wish that the new factions used stations that matched the race of their ships instead of all using Argon stations. I also wish that there were a few more unclaimed sectors scattered about. The 4 that you add have great placement, I'd just like to see some more around the outskirts. Maybe one that links Mindatar space with Wretched Skies, or one that links the Galdente and Daldari spaces? (I also wish that Galdente wasn't abbreviated "DGA" and Mindatar as "DMI").

I certainly appreciate the work you have put into these mods and hope I am not coming across as antagonistic. I just wanted to offer my feedback.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 5. Feb 22, 14:47

qazerowl wrote:
Sat, 5. Feb 22, 08:30
When using your new faction mods and dynamic wars, I am able to ask the new factions about their relationships with vanilla factions. But I am not able to ask vanilla factions about their opinions of the new factions, or ask the new factions about other new factions. Are there any plans to address this so that the new factions are treated the same?

To what degree will you support other mods that add new sectors? "XPANed Sectors Advanced" adds a few that overlap with sectors added by your faction mods. While I'd love to have a full patch that re-does the jump gates to link the new sectors, I realize that's more support than you're probably willing to do. A patch to just move the sectors on the map so they're not overlapping would be very appreciated. I attempted to edit the coordinates myself, but your new sectors seem to all have names like "deadair sector 1" internally, so I wasn't able to tell which ones I was editing.

The layout of your new sectors is very strange. The most obvious point being that the groups of linked sectors all owned by one faction are physically spaced out on the map. Groups of tightly linked systems in the vanilla map are all touching. Not that it has any gameplay impact, but it's weird, is more likely to cause overlaps, and make it just a little less intuitive to see how everything is linked up. This arrangement is especially strange considering that in each of the 4 mods, there is only one sector linking the faction space to the rest of the galaxy. That's an insane defensive advantage, and it also makes it very hard to appreciate your new sectors. I know that these areas are on the outskirts of the galaxy, but the entirety of their territory being a dead end means that I basically never go there, and my traders don't want to either. Especially the 3 factions that are all next to each other: it's strange that they do not connect at all.

I wish that the new factions used stations that matched the race of their ships instead of all using Argon stations. I also wish that there were a few more unclaimed sectors scattered about. The 4 that you add have great placement, I'd just like to see some more around the outskirts. Maybe one that links Mindatar space with Wretched Skies, or one that links the Galdente and Daldari spaces? (I also wish that Galdente wasn't abbreviated "DGA" and Mindatar as "DMI").

I certainly appreciate the work you have put into these mods and hope I am not coming across as antagonistic. I just wanted to offer my feedback.
The script of actually talking to the representative is actually an outdated relic that I haven't fully removed (it was replaced by the diplomacy screen and doesn't require hard coding the factions, which you can guess would be a problem when the 4 different factions I made are optional).

As far as supporting other sector mods, it's highly unlikely that I do compatibility patches for them. If the code is remotely similar to how I remember when someone decided to pick it up and update it, the thing is a mess. I don't mind giving people coordinates to change something to so they don't overlap though.

I previously had all the sectors tightly grouped but decided to change it because any incompatibilities with a new dlc would be easier to fix. They actually have two gates to vanilla sectors, one friendly and one hostile. The factions using certain race ships and weapons are a placeholder until I make more progress on my bigger goal.

Thanks for the feedback, it is definitely appreciated. I may be getting around to changing the shortened versions of the names now that I know more about CCP's content creator agreement.

(btw I can help you with the coordinate thing on discord but I was asleep when you asked about it)

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 28. Feb 22, 19:07

A little progress update
Spoiler
Show
It's a tiny picture due to the crazy restrictive forum policy of 640*480

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 1. Mar 22, 22:25

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 28. Feb 22, 19:07
A little progress update
Spoiler
Show
Nice! Man of many talents.

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 28. Feb 22, 19:07
It's a tiny picture due to the crazy restrictive forum policy of 640*480
Wanted to write more but there's probably also a 160 chars post length limit :wink:
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”