[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 20:16

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 20:14
BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 16:50
It is definitely something in order.move.recon which is causing it. Although I removed the parts that conflicted, it was still doing it. Might be in the way I did it though.
Did your changes add or remove a blocking action? That's usually the issue with AI script changes. All of my adjustments in recon are just numbers adjustments so they shouldn't be able to cause serious issues.

There is a fix I can make for you using a patch to reset the order if necessary.
No, it is fine, I can just combine everything into one file and it should work.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 14:44

Dynamic Wars updated.

v1.34 - Added a redundant check for terran dlc factions, added yaki to diplomacy screen, added player faction to diplomacy screen.

v1.35 - Added fallback t-file for non translated languages. Reduced diplomacy actions flat cost by a factor of 10. Fixed military information screen and economic information screens not counting docked ships. Updated Japanese translation thanks to arkblade.

Tomsoneeta

Post by Tomsoneeta » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 18:21

Hi! Is VRO lite still good/up to date to use?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 20:02

Tomsoneeta wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 18:21
Hi! Is VRO lite still good/up to date to use?
Oh I think I forgot to push the update, I will have to do that tonight. Sorry about the delay.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 15:02

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 01:28
Hey Deadair, there appears to be something in your new upload of deadairaitweaks which is causing the game to freeze. I have no idea what it could be, but when adding it to my active game, the game freezes every time. Remove it, and no freeze, It has to be one of the aiscripts. Now, I don't know if it is because it is running on so many ships at once or if there is some error somewhere. I didn't look through the scripts much, but I will try to narrow it down if I can.

Edit -- It might be a conflict with something I did, bleh, I will let you know if I figure it out. It might be because I also edited order.move.recon in some of the same spots.
It causes a freeze for me as well, on starting a new game. Get's to 99% and locks up. My mod list is as long as my arm, but they've all played well together till now, heh.

'Tis good to see you back on the modding scene again, however, DeadAir, your mods are pretty much standard for me when you are active!
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 16:46

shovelmonkey wrote:
Sun, 16. Jan 22, 15:02
BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 01:28
Hey Deadair, there appears to be something in your new upload of deadairaitweaks which is causing the game to freeze. I have no idea what it could be, but when adding it to my active game, the game freezes every time. Remove it, and no freeze, It has to be one of the aiscripts. Now, I don't know if it is because it is running on so many ships at once or if there is some error somewhere. I didn't look through the scripts much, but I will try to narrow it down if I can.

Edit -- It might be a conflict with something I did, bleh, I will let you know if I figure it out. It might be because I also edited order.move.recon in some of the same spots.
It causes a freeze for me as well, on starting a new game. Get's to 99% and locks up. My mod list is as long as my arm, but they've all played well together till now, heh.

'Tis good to see you back on the modding scene again, however, DeadAir, your mods are pretty much standard for me when you are active!
Seems that one of the changes you made in order.move.recon is somehow causing a soft lock.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 21:37

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 16. Jan 22, 16:46
Seems that one of the changes you made in order.move.recon is somehow causing a soft lock.
shovelmonkey wrote:
So I've been running this with no debug errors or issues but I can look into it. I think I may have an idea but just need to check a few things.
Were the people getting soft lock running the old version of tweaks on 4.2?
Was this was on an existing save? A debug log with whatever error is spamming at soft lock would be extremely helpful.
What other mods do people have that change order.move.recon?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 15:20

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 16. Jan 22, 21:37
BlackRain wrote:
shovelmonkey wrote:
So I've been running this with no debug errors or issues but I can look into it. I think I may have an idea but just need to check a few things.
Was this was on an existing save? A debug log with whatever error is spamming at soft lock would be extremely helpful.
There is nothing could see in the debug log about it at all. This was an existing save and I had only made some minor changes to order.move.recon. I even removed the parts which conflicted with yours and it still happened so not sure about that.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 15:48

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 16. Jan 22, 21:37
BlackRain wrote:
shovelmonkey wrote:
It was a fresh start with me. I didn't try to use it until you uploaded the new version. I'm sorry I can't be much more helpful than that, as I said my mod list is quite extensive and I'm not familiar with what changes what. They typically play nice with each other but, idk... :gruebel:

Picture of my extensions folder if that maybe helps with an obvious conflict...
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 17. Jan 22, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 20:57

shovelmonkey wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 15:48
If you don't mind doing me a favor, can you search in your extensions folder for aiscripts and let me know which mods have a folder with them?

Right now from my guess of the mods, it would be ffp. I'll check to see the conflicts between the two.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 20:59

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 15:20
There is nothing could see in the debug log about it at all. This was an existing save and I had only made some minor changes to order.move.recon. I even removed the parts which conflicted with yours and it still happened so not sure about that.
Were you running script log files and debug -all? I'll throw together something to reset the orders real quick to avoid causing issues for existing saves.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 21:16

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 20:59
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 15:20
Were you running script log files and debug -all? I'll throw together something to reset the orders real quick to avoid causing issues for existing saves.
I am not running all, just -logfile

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 21:35

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 21:16
I am not running all, just -logfile
So my initial thought was that I changed values in a do_while that may have caused an infinite loop but just checked and unfortunately that isn't the case for order.move.recon. Without any hints from a debug log, I have no clue what could even be causing it.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 22:22

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 20:57
shovelmonkey wrote:
If you don't mind doing me a favor, can you search in your extensions folder for aiscripts and let me know which mods have a folder with them?

Right now from my guess of the mods, it would be ffp. I'll check to see the conflicts between the two.
I removed FBB (Fly By Loot Boxes) and FBL (Fly By Looting), still no go. Locks up at 99% on starting a new game. The only two mods in my list that have aiscripts folders are Better Piracy and Remove Wait for Me. I disabled them by process of elimination and still the same results. So don't know if that helps you or not...

Edit - If it's not to complicated for you to explain to me how to run the debug or access that log I can do that for you?
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 22:29

shovelmonkey wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 22:22
DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 20:57
shovelmonkey wrote:

I removed FBB (Fly By Loot Boxes) and FBL (Fly By Looting), still no go. Locks up at 99% on starting a new game. The only two mods in my list that have aiscripts folders are Better Piracy and Remove Wait for Me. I disabled them by process of elimination and still the same results. So don't know if that helps you or not...

Edit - If it's not to complicated for you to explain to me how to run the debug or access that log I can do that for you?
That does help a bit. The only one that really stands out to me as a possible conflict is faction fix pack. It's quite unfortunate because his scripts are so well done that I was hoping to maintain compatibility.

To enable debug you can create a shortcut to x4.exe and add the following to target "-scriptlogfiles -debug all -logfile debuglog.txt"
for example, my full target on exe shortcut is

Code: Select all

"E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\X4.exe" -noabout -skipintro -scriptlogfiles -debug all -logfile debuglog.txt
if you could run the game with the combination that lead to it failing to start game it would help greatly. the file will be located in your documents folder under egosoft/x4/(steam id)/debuglog.txt

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 22:47

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 22:29
if you could run the game with the combination that lead to it failing to start game it would help greatly. the file will be located in your documents folder under egosoft/x4/(steam id)/debuglog.txt
Heres the debug... Wow, that's alot of errors. I guess all those things don't play as nice as I thought. :lol:

EDIT - I Disabled Mysterial's mods as well and still getting the lock. So maybe not a compatibility issue with his stuff?
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 23:37

shovelmonkey wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 22:47
Alright, so good news is you have exactly one error from my scripts (with intentional effect!)

Skipping MD file extensions\deadairdynamicwars\md\dynamicwarconversations.xml: Script name 'DynamicWarConversations' already found in file extensions\FOCWCorporationsRevised\md\dynamicwarconversations.xml
I will actually be finally completely removing this file in the next patch, but I let blackrain use the code and his is better + more up to date (the talking to faction representative for changing reputation script)

Going over your debug log:
I'm guessing it's one of the VRO patch mods but something is causing:

[Message] LibraryLoadout():
Loadout 'player_1616174267' requires extension 'vro_lite' version 300 or greater in the game folder but no version is available.
[Emitter] <AnonymousEmitter>
If you are using VRO instead you can probably change the id to vro, if you are using vro_lite then I'm not actually sure why it's failing.

Some evidence of SVE having a conflict with something:

[Message] Missing component macro 'viper_macro' in file 'extensions\ship_variation_expansion\assets\units\size_l\macros\viper_macro' as referenced in: index\macros
Mods with errors:
kk4duy_hazard_rework

No matching node for path '/regions/region[@name="region_cluster_32_sector_001"]/fields/damagefield[damage/@noshield]' in patch file 'extensions\kk4duy_hazard_rework\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
Some weapon mod?

[Message] WareDB::Import(): ware 'weapon_ter_scimitar_beam_l_ware' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
Something changing jobs?

[Message] ShipGenerator: no attribute 'list' or 'basket' for <wares> node and there is no valid default basket for cargo in definition for ship group/ref/macro 'null'
xpan

[Message] Missing component macro 'xpan_zone003_clusterxpan06_sector001_macro' in file 'extensions\xpan\maps\xu_ep2_universe\xpan_zones' as referenced in: index\macros
FOCW Corporations (probably a conflict with something)

[Message] No matching node for path '//do_if[@value='this.$SelectedRace']/do_any' in patch file 'extensions\FOCWCorporationsRevised\md\npc_instantiation.xml'. Skipping node.
Whatever adds fusion cores

[Message] Property lookup failed: ware.fusioncores
the cheat mod everyone uses apparently causes TONS of debug errors

extensions\iseeu0_cheat\md\iseeu0_cheat_databases.xml(1): Warning while parsing expression: Property lookup failed
* Input: macro.enforcer_macro
More xpan

[Message] Duplicate cue name ActivateGate_Wait in MD script extensions\xpan\md\setup_xpan.xml, line 103
Unknown

aiscripts\order.dock.xml(71): Script node 'run_script' is not allowed in this context.
Unknown

aiscripts\order.fight.protect.ship.xml(22): Script node 'resume' is not allowed in this context.
FS inv?

extensions\fs_inv\aiscripts\inventorycollector.xml(183): Attribute 'min' provided without 'max' for random range, will be treated as 'exact'
JP Trade explorer

extensions\jp_tradesubscriptionexplorer\aiscripts\jp_exploretradesubscription_tse.xml(64): Attribute 'min' provided without 'max' for random range, will be treated as 'exact'
SVE

Script warning: MD script 'SVEDerelictPlunderer' references non-existing AI order 'AttackObject' via <create_order>
Unknown

Error in MD cue md.FactoryTransporter_Signals.FactoryTransporter_Signal_SyncOrders: Property lookup failed: global.$FactoryTransporter_symbols_requestOrderSync
* Expression: global.$FactoryTransporter_symbols_requestOrderSync
* Action: <signal_objects>, line 163
Reactive Factions retribution

Error in MD cue md.ReactiveMain.ReactiveInit: Property lookup failed: $ListofCooldowns
* Expression: $ListofCooldowns != null and $ListofCooldowns.count gt 0
* Action: <do_if>, line 597
Conflict with tweaks:
Smarter Turrets

No matching node for path '(//set_value[@name='$scantime' and @exact='500ms + ((1.0 - (@this.assignedcontrolled.combinedskill / 100.0)) * 60s)'])[1]/@exact' in patch file 'extensions\smarter_turrets\aiscripts\fight.attack.object.capital.xml'. Skipping node.
Definitely caused by my mod loading first. I'll give you a solution to try if you would like further down. Faction fix.

No matching node for path '//do_if[@value='not $boost? and $allowboost and ($combinedskill ge 80)']' in patch file 'extensions\faction_fix_pack\aiscripts\move.attack.object.capital.xml'. Skipping node.
Whatever improved mining is. I'm also not sure why improved mining is touching the generic move script

No matching node for path '/aiscript[@name='move.generic']/attention[@min='unknown']/actions/do_if[@value='not @$rotation']/do_if/move_to' in patch file 'extensions\improved_mining\aiscripts\move.generic.xml'. Skipping node.
You can try making my tweaks load after mysterials faction fix pack which would cause his changes to take precedence (and cause some of my changes to be error'd out, which is fine since we both do proper diff xpaths). To accomplish this, add these in the content file of deadairtweaks

<dependency id="ws_1668457361" optional="true" name="Faction Enhancer - War Module" />
	<dependency id="ws_1668473070" optional="true" name="Faction Enhancer - Econ AI Module" />
	<dependency id="ws_1668472321" optional="true" name="Faction Enhancer - Econ Balance Module" />

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 23:56

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 23:37
shovelmonkey wrote:
Alright, so good news is you have exactly one error from my scripts (with intentional effect!)

Skipping MD file extensions\deadairdynamicwars\md\dynamicwarconversations.xml: Script name 'DynamicWarConversations' already found in file extensions\FOCWCorporationsRevised\md\dynamicwarconversations.xml
I will actually be finally completely removing this file in the next patch, but I let blackrain use the code and his is better + more up to date (the talking to faction representative for changing reputation script)

Spoiler
Show

Loadout 'player_1616174267' requires extension 'vro_lite' version 300 or greater in the game folder but no version is available.
If you are using VRO instead you can probably change the id to vro, if you are using vro_lite then I'm not actually sure why it's failing.

[Message] Missing component macro 'viper_macro' in file 'extensions\ship_variation_expansion\assets\units\size_l\macros\viper_macro' as referenced in: index\macros
Mods with errors:
kk4duy_hazard_rework

No matching node for path '/regions/region[@name="region_cluster_32_sector_001"]/fields/damagefield[damage/@noshield]' in patch file 'extensions\kk4duy_hazard_rework\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
Some weapon mod?

[Message] WareDB::Import(): ware 'weapon_ter_scimitar_beam_l_ware' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
Something changing jobs?

[Message] ShipGenerator: no attribute 'list' or 'basket' for <wares> node and there is no valid default basket for cargo in definition for ship group/ref/macro 'null'
xpan

[Message] Missing component macro 'xpan_zone003_clusterxpan06_sector001_macro' in file 'extensions\xpan\maps\xu_ep2_universe\xpan_zones' as referenced in: index\macros

[Message] No matching node for path '//do_if[@value='this.$SelectedRace']/do_any' in patch file 'extensions\FOCWCorporationsRevised\md\npc_instantiation.xml'. Skipping node.

extensions\iseeu0_cheat\md\iseeu0_cheat_databases.xml(1): Warning while parsing expression: Property lookup failed
More xpan

[Message] Duplicate cue name ActivateGate_Wait in MD script extensions\xpan\md\setup_xpan.xml, line 103
Unknown

aiscripts\order.dock.xml(71): Script node 'run_script' is not allowed in this context.
Unknown

aiscripts\order.fight.protect.ship.xml(22): Script node 'resume' is not allowed in this context.
FS inv?

extensions\fs_inv\aiscripts\inventorycollector.xml(183): Attribute 'min' provided without 'max' for random range, will be treated as 'exact'
JP Trade explorer

extensions\jp_tradesubscriptionexplorer\aiscripts\jp_exploretradesubscription_tse.xml(64): Attribute 'min' provided without 'max' for random range, will be treated as 'exact'
SVE

Script warning: MD script 'SVEDerelictPlunderer' references non-existing AI order 'AttackObject' via <create_order>
Unknown

Error in MD cue md.FactoryTransporter_Signals.FactoryTransporter_Signal_SyncOrders: Property lookup failed: global.$FactoryTransporter_symbols_requestOrderSync

Error in MD cue md.ReactiveMain.ReactiveInit: Property lookup failed: $ListofCooldowns
Conflict with tweaks:
Smarter Turrets

No matching node for path '(//set_value[@name='$scantime' and @exact='500ms + ((1.0 - (@this.assignedcontrolled.combinedskill / 100.0)) * 60s)'])[1]/@exact' in patch file 'extensions\smarter_turrets\aiscripts\fight.attack.object.capital.xml'. Skipping node.
Definitely caused by my mod loading first. I'll give you a solution to try if you would like further down. Faction fix.

No matching node for path '//do_if[@value='not $boost? and $allowboost and ($combinedskill ge 80)']' in patch file 'extensions\faction_fix_pack\aiscripts\move.attack.object.capital.xml'. Skipping node.
Whatever improved mining is. I'm also not sure why improved mining is touching the generic move script

No matching node for path '/aiscript[@name='move.generic']/attention[@min='unknown']/actions/do_if[@value='not @$rotation']/do_if/move_to' in patch file 'extensions\improved_mining\aiscripts\move.generic.xml'. Skipping node.
You can try making my tweaks load after mysterials faction fix pack which would cause his changes to take precedence (and cause some of my changes to be error'd out, which is fine since we both do proper diff xpaths). To accomplish this, add these in the content file of deadairtweaks

<dependency id="ws_1668457361" optional="true" name="Faction Enhancer - War Module" />
	<dependency id="ws_1668473070" optional="true" name="Faction Enhancer - Econ AI Module" />
	<dependency id="ws_1668472321" optional="true" name="Faction Enhancer - Econ Balance Module" />
I'll definitely try the load order thing between your's and mysterials mods since I'd love to use both.

Thank you for the breakdown on the rest of my log, that was above and beyond on your part. What I find most interesting about all of that is that I've interchanged your VRO lite and standard VRO over several games. Currently using standard VRO. Not sure if yours is up to date, once it is I'll be switching back to lite. I always tend to use your stuff when it's fresh. Also, some of the errors, such as the fusion cores thing are from mods that aren't even in my extensions folder anymore. :gruebel: I for one don't care about restarting, I enjoy the simulation at any stage. And with custom start creative (and maybe a little savegame editing) I can effectively place the game at any state I want.

Some of the others that are causing problems (such as improved mining, I think vanilla behavior is much improved in 4.xx) I can probably weed them out, but perhaps I would benefit from completely wiping any trace of X4 from my drive and starting over? Seeing as I'm seeing shadows of mods I no longer use in this log?

Finally, as to the issue causing the lock as hand, you've been able to track it down then? Because I won't lie, most of this is greek to me other than seeing phrases with names I recognise!

EDIT - Speaking of greek, I realize now the load order idea is the suggested fix. I'll try it tommorrow.
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 01:35

shovelmonkey wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 23:56
DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 23:37
shovelmonkey wrote:

Spoiler
Show

Mods with errors:
kk4duy_hazard_rework

Some weapon mod?

Something changing jobs?

xpan

More xpan

Unknown

Unknown

FS inv?

JP Trade explorer

SVE

Unknown

Conflict with tweaks:
Smarter Turrets

I'll definitely try the load order thing between your's and mysterials mods since I'd love to use both.

Thank you for the breakdown on the rest of my log, that was above and beyond on your part. What I find most interesting about all of that is that I've interchanged your VRO lite and standard VRO over several games. Currently using standard VRO. Not sure if yours is up to date, once it is I'll be switching back to lite. I always tend to use your stuff when it's fresh. Also, some of the errors, such as the fusion cores thing are from mods that aren't even in my extensions folder anymore. :gruebel: I for one don't care about restarting, I enjoy the simulation at any stage. And with custom start creative (and maybe a little savegame editing) I can effectively place the game at any state I want.

Some of the others that are causing problems (such as improved mining, I think vanilla behavior is much improved in 4.xx) I can probably weed them out, but perhaps I would benefit from completely wiping any trace of X4 from my drive and starting over? Seeing as I'm seeing shadows of mods I no longer use in this log?

Finally, as to the issue causing the lock as hand, you've been able to track it down then? Because I won't lie, most of this is greek to me other than seeing phrases with names I recognise!

EDIT - Speaking of greek, I realize now the load order idea is the suggested fix. I'll try it tommorrow.
No worries, I'm glad to help out every now and then. I think the best bet is to try the load order fix with my mod and mysterial's then I can dive deeper to see if something else is the cause.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 18:34

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 01:35
No worries, I'm glad to help out every now and then. I think the best bet is to try the load order fix with my mod and mysterial's then I can dive deeper to see if something else is the cause.
So, I completely erased any trace of X4 from my computer and freshly installed and then painstaking and boringly installed all my mods back one by one starting with yours.

It loads now, without having to do any load order trickery. Only mods I didn't reinstall where the cheat mod, improved mining, and factory transporter. I don't know if there was a conflict there or if my game was just so polluted from years (yes years) of installing, uninstalling, changing, reinstalling all the different mods...

So now to start yet another new game and see if they all live in harmony. 700+ hours in X4 and I don't think I've ever had an empire of more than three stations and two or three L ships... :lol: I cam the worst restarter.

I thank you for your help, sir!
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”