[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Baconnaise
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 31. Dec 21, 16:41

Halpog wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 22:50
Baconnaise wrote:
Sun, 26. Dec 21, 14:01
Halpog wrote:
Sun, 26. Dec 21, 06:50
there should be at least a hint that an additional mod is needed ...
sir nukes modsupport api for example .....
He does state it needs nuke's mod on the one. Nexus will also state if you need another mod prior to downloading if it's posted there as an example. It could perhaps be made more clear or at least a link perhaps. Deadair isn't updating or maintaining the mods from what I gather or hasn't for half a year. Why bother unless someone takes them over with his blessing?
well, the mods are still working fine AND the main reason for me to use them is to set propper relations between AI factions ....
its realy annoing we cant change them with the custom game start ...
we can only change the relation for player and the factions.... not factions for factions
I would love to be able to edit the NPC faction relations on the custom game starts as well. The deadair version is more of a random booster to relations with no control. I would in the meantime use something like the FOCW war mod, not the corp one. You can set up faction relations for everyone in the config.xml. It also allows you to tweak their military strengths but you could always leave that vanilla and just alter the relations. Blackrain mod if I recall. Well done at that. I've used it plenty of times to give Xenons more of a boost or certain factions that generally get wiped out in the first 10-50 hours. I like the deadair mods but the relations portion is kind of wonky on 4.2. It works but it'll conflict with player relations set by the custom starts as well.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 21:47

Baconnaise wrote:
Fri, 31. Dec 21, 16:41
I would love to be able to edit the NPC faction relations on the custom game starts as well. The deadair version is more of a random booster to relations with no control. I would in the meantime use something like the FOCW war mod, not the corp one. You can set up faction relations for everyone in the config.xml. It also allows you to tweak their military strengths but you could always leave that vanilla and just alter the relations. Blackrain mod if I recall. Well done at that. I've used it plenty of times to give Xenons more of a boost or certain factions that generally get wiped out in the first 10-50 hours. I like the deadair mods but the relations portion is kind of wonky on 4.2. It works but it'll conflict with player relations set by the custom starts as well.
There was a good faction relation changing mod from mewosmith called illuminati iirc that was a simple ai:ai relation changing mod (while mine is designed more as a diplomacy tool because of the restrictions I put in place ex can't buy a relation raise higher than the faction likes you)

If you could expand on the custom start thing it may come in handy for me soon^tm

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 01:53

Baconnaise wrote:
Fri, 31. Dec 21, 16:41
Halpog wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 22:50
Baconnaise wrote:
Sun, 26. Dec 21, 14:01

He does state it needs nuke's mod on the one. Nexus will also state if you need another mod prior to downloading if it's posted there as an example. It could perhaps be made more clear or at least a link perhaps. Deadair isn't updating or maintaining the mods from what I gather or hasn't for half a year. Why bother unless someone takes them over with his blessing?
well, the mods are still working fine AND the main reason for me to use them is to set propper relations between AI factions ....
its realy annoing we cant change them with the custom game start ...
we can only change the relation for player and the factions.... not factions for factions
In my corporations mod, I included one of Deadair's scripts (which I edited a bit) to let you alter the relations in game for individual factions and this also includes all the corporations. You talk to their representative and see what the relations are and then if you have a good relation with the faction you can tell them to lower their relations with another faction (without paying) and you can also increase relations with that faction and another by paying money. You can talk to one of your own managers to do the same for your faction

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 05:54

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 01:53
*snip*
His version is probably much better than the one I gave him. I'm starting to get the modding itch again so there is hope. I kind of want to dive deeper into the ai side of things and maybe some ships.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 16:28

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 05:54
BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 01:53
*snip*
His version is probably much better than the one I gave him. I'm starting to get the modding itch again so there is hope. I kind of want to dive deeper into the ai side of things and maybe some ships.
That would be good news then, the game really needs some attention on the AI side of things. Especially when it comes to ship combat, carrier combat, etc.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 20:59

before the customagamestart option came out from egososft itself.
there was a mod called customgamestart.at this mod u could at the faktion relation page ( where u set your relations to ai faktions ) just klick on your name, and choose for example argon fed. and than choose the fakrion relation to other faktions, totaly same like for the player vs AI .. just for argon, or any other faktion.

when the customgame start rleased from egosoft, this option was gone ...
so i guess it is still there, but no idea how to enable it.because that woule be epic to get this option back.
so far there is nothing that comes close to this . atm the best thing ive found so far in this case is the "diplomacy" part in deadair mods

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 15:49

Halpog wrote:
Mon, 3. Jan 22, 20:59
before the customagamestart option came out from egososft itself.
there was a mod called customgamestart.at this mod u could at the faktion relation page ( where u set your relations to ai faktions ) just klick on your name, and choose for example argon fed. and than choose the fakrion relation to other faktions, totaly same like for the player vs AI .. just for argon, or any other faktion.

when the customgame start rleased from egosoft, this option was gone ...
so i guess it is still there, but no idea how to enable it.because that woule be epic to get this option back.
so far there is nothing that comes close to this . atm the best thing ive found so far in this case is the "diplomacy" part in deadair mods
It's funny because EGO incorporates certain mods into the base game and usually never fully implements everything. XR had a mod where you comm everything without doing the station walk. They incorporated it into the game which was great but didn't fully add that feature so it wasn't nearly as good as the actual mod. Mod author stopped updating it when that happened so we were stuck with a subpar vanilla version. People still needed yet another mod to expand upon what was finally part of the game yet again. Quirks and features sometimes with EGO.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 20:10

Welp, once again after a long hiatus...I'm back.

DeadAirAITweaks
v1.04
Replaced most skill checks with equivalent of 4+ star or actual pilot skill if higher, reduced aiming tolerance (more accurate fire), added docked check to combat script to prevent occasional soft-lock, ships launch more of their drones and faster, fighters will gain distance after attack run based on their combat range, ships oos combat is based more on their actual operational turrets, stations will launch drones at more consistent ranges, ships will use missile countermeasures more often, ships will fire missiles more often, ships will use travel drive much more often to reposition during fighting, police will occasionally detect pirates using cover of the same faction, lockboxes are less skill dependant for AI, pirates are more likely to be greedy when accepting dropped cargo from a victim.
v1.03
Updated for X4v4.2. Increased max distance on boost flee script, updated gate/generic scripts, improved vanilla explore behavior and removed inability of police to check a pirate posing as same faction. Experience gains will now be rather quick up to 3 stars for individuals and 2 stars for their crew, it will still be increased for higher stars after 3 but not as quickly.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 01:28

Hey Deadair, there appears to be something in your new upload of deadairaitweaks which is causing the game to freeze. I have no idea what it could be, but when adding it to my active game, the game freezes every time. Remove it, and no freeze, It has to be one of the aiscripts. Now, I don't know if it is because it is running on so many ships at once or if there is some error somewhere. I didn't look through the scripts much, but I will try to narrow it down if I can.

Edit -- It might be a conflict with something I did, bleh, I will let you know if I figure it out. It might be because I also edited order.move.recon in some of the same spots.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 04:46

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 01:28
Hey Deadair, there appears to be something in your new upload of deadairaitweaks which is causing the game to freeze. I have no idea what it could be, but when adding it to my active game, the game freezes every time. Remove it, and no freeze, It has to be one of the aiscripts. Now, I don't know if it is because it is running on so many ships at once or if there is some error somewhere. I didn't look through the scripts much, but I will try to narrow it down if I can.

Edit -- It might be a conflict with something I did, bleh, I will let you know if I figure it out. It might be because I also edited order.move.recon in some of the same spots.
I did manage to soft lock my game with one of the combat scripts (a docked ship tried moving away from enemy causing 1.7 million entries in less than a second) but I added something to prevent and was never able to reproduce. If you happen to find which script, I'll be glad to look into it.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 11:12

Nice to see you modding again DeadAir.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 14:32

Mycu wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 11:12
Nice to see you modding again DeadAir.
Cheers :D

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 16:50

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 04:46
BlackRain wrote:

I did manage to soft lock my game with one of the combat scripts (a docked ship tried moving away from enemy causing 1.7 million entries in less than a second) but I added something to prevent and was never able to reproduce. If you happen to find which script, I'll be glad to look into it.
It is definitely something in order.move.recon which is causing it. Although I removed the parts that conflicted, it was still doing it. Might be in the way I did it though.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 20:14

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 16:50
It is definitely something in order.move.recon which is causing it. Although I removed the parts that conflicted, it was still doing it. Might be in the way I did it though.
Did your changes add or remove a blocking action? That's usually the issue with AI script changes. All of my adjustments in recon are just numbers adjustments so they shouldn't be able to cause serious issues.

There is a fix I can make for you using a patch to reset the order if necessary.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 20:16

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 20:14
BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 13. Jan 22, 16:50
Did your changes add or remove a blocking action? That's usually the issue with AI script changes. All of my adjustments in recon are just numbers adjustments so they shouldn't be able to cause serious issues.

There is a fix I can make for you using a patch to reset the order if necessary.
No, it is fine, I can just combine everything into one file and it should work.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 14:44

Dynamic Wars updated.

v1.34 - Added a redundant check for terran dlc factions, added yaki to diplomacy screen, added player faction to diplomacy screen.

v1.35 - Added fallback t-file for non translated languages. Reduced diplomacy actions flat cost by a factor of 10. Fixed military information screen and economic information screens not counting docked ships. Updated Japanese translation thanks to arkblade.

Tomsoneeta

Post by Tomsoneeta » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 18:21

Hi! Is VRO lite still good/up to date to use?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 20:02

Tomsoneeta wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 18:21
Hi! Is VRO lite still good/up to date to use?
Oh I think I forgot to push the update, I will have to do that tonight. Sorry about the delay.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 15:02

BlackRain wrote:

It causes a freeze for me as well, on starting a new game. Get's to 99% and locks up. My mod list is as long as my arm, but they've all played well together till now, heh.

'Tis good to see you back on the modding scene again, however, DeadAir, your mods are pretty much standard for me when you are active!
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”