[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jlvitorasso
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by jlvitorasso » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 20:27

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 14:02
jlvitorasso wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 07:26
Hi DeadAir! Love your work, hope you're doing well.
Started a new game these days after a long time away from x4 with some of your mods, and overall they're working great, but i have some questions/feedback to give related to dynamic wars, if you don't mind:

1. Is there a way the player faction can mirror one factions relations towards others? (i.e i want to play as argon ally and have the same enemies/friends argon has) I have been changing my relations manually every time dynamic wars updates, but it would be great to have this as an option;

2. If i understand correctly, even if two distant factions ( like terrans and zya, for example) are in war, they cant fight for sectors, right? they need to have a border to fight to send invasion/defensive fleets. On this topic, how hard it would be ( and how functional, on a game balance state ) to have connections between sectors for every major faction? kind of like x3 was. ( i.e connecting uranus to heart of acrimony, mercury to family kritt, etc )

3. There's one file in your github called "dynamicwarslorefriendly" or something like that. It is still working fine on the newest 5.1 version even with the new factions? It is a great idea to have dynamic relations between blocks, but since the last release is from 2020, idk if you are still working on this idea.
1) it would take quite a bit of work to make the player relation match an AI so sadly i probably won't implement something like that. You can always lower your relation with anyone for free, and once you are above 20 with a faction you get a diplomatic favor that allows one free change with that faction.

2) they do need to border for actual claiming wars. Connecting every major faction would destroy the balance because the AI doesn't use blacklists so they would send eco ships constantly to their deaths. I have expeditions in the works where they will fight long range but not try to claim the sector.

3) that was a very very old version and i don't know if it works at all. It would be missing the majority of the features. The weighting makes the factions almost act like blocks anyways due to race, current relations, common friends/enemies, and some other factors counting toward faction selection for the events.

thanks for your answer, i"ll look forward to the expeditions implementation! it will be great to see all the factions sending fleets across the map... although maybe you will need to leave xenons out of that, to prevent them for being wiped, since they're enemies with everyone.

Oinaris
x4

Post by Oinaris » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 05:14

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 13:54
Oinaris wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 06:21
So, I have an issue and I don't know how to fix it.

I have all the Faction and Caldari mods installed (Faction Caldari, Factions VRO, Caldari Ships, VRO itself) and there doesn't appear to be any conflicts. Looking into the Extensions in the pause menu, they are all "on". However, I am not seeing any Caldari Ships nor can I build them at my shipyard. I cannot build their railguns either, but I can build the HAMs. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.
Double check the folder names. The caldari faction may be double foldered and github likes to add -master to folder names which breaks custom assets.
That's exactly what it was lol. Hey, the models for the Ships look really nice. Well done. Me personally, I just wish they were a little bigger (though I'm not sure if they're accurate to the lore sizes or not) or had a little more hull, they seem a little squishy compared to other Factions that have nearly 1mil hp for their carriers (again, not sure if it matches lore health pools or not) but nonetheless these models are excellent. One thing still confuses me though.

The Daldari specialize in railguns, yet I'm not seeing any Faction railguns. Plus, their Ships don't have high energy hardpoints, which is required in VRO for use of railguns..I could be missing something here again and please correct me if I am. I just want to make sure I'm installing all of this correctly. I have the HAMs and various missile types, just not sure if there are railguns, too. I checked the folder and nothing seems out of place

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 05:34

Oinaris wrote:
Mon, 27. Jun 22, 05:14
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 13:54
Oinaris wrote:
Sun, 26. Jun 22, 06:21
So, I have an issue and I don't know how to fix it.

I have all the Faction and Caldari mods installed (Faction Caldari, Factions VRO, Caldari Ships, VRO itself) and there doesn't appear to be any conflicts. Looking into the Extensions in the pause menu, they are all "on". However, I am not seeing any Caldari Ships nor can I build them at my shipyard. I cannot build their railguns either, but I can build the HAMs. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.
Double check the folder names. The caldari faction may be double foldered and github likes to add -master to folder names which breaks custom assets.
That's exactly what it was lol. Hey, the models for the Ships look really nice. Well done. Me personally, I just wish they were a little bigger (though I'm not sure if they're accurate to the lore sizes or not) or had a little more hull, they seem a little squishy compared to other Factions that have nearly 1mil hp for their carriers (again, not sure if it matches lore health pools or not) but nonetheless these models are excellent. One thing still confuses me though.

The Daldari specialize in railguns, yet I'm not seeing any Faction railguns. Plus, their Ships don't have high energy hardpoints, which is required in VRO for use of railguns..I could be missing something here again and please correct me if I am. I just want to make sure I'm installing all of this correctly. I have the HAMs and various missile types, just not sure if there are railguns, too. I checked the folder and nothing seems out of place
Caldari in Eve specialize in missiles and rail guns (although it is fairly flexible). In my mod they have heavy missiles, heavy assault missiles, ham launcher (launches both missiles mentioned before), and use gallente long and medium range rail guns. I try to avoid using any vro stuff in my factions. Shuulo and i disagree on quite a few things when it comes to balance. I especially dislike how he prevents using all one weapon on certain ships so i absolutely dislike the "high-power" system.

My ships in general are lighter armed, loosely follow eve ship doctrine, and have a more specialized design. Cruisers are very much designed to hit down in tiers, battle cruiser is more balanced but fragile compared to battleships, battleships are heavily armed but have blind spots, carriers have about the same amount of guns as vanilla destroyers so are very weak by themselves, and titans have doomsday weapons but massive blindspots and only efficiently deal with xl/stations.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 10:00

Hi I have a question :

DeadAir Gate - On Github you have additional changes not mentioned in the OP .. "Removes rotation from asteroids".

I'm not sure what the aim is (maybe game performance, or its just annoying mining crystals from a rotating asteroid), but wonder if this would hinder the search for crystals (ie if crystals physical position on an asteroid is fixed per asteroid model, and they all have the same orientation, you could potentially fly through an asteroid field and not see any of the crystals because they are all on the blind side of the asteroid).
Doesn't the rotation help to show them twinkling in the distance?

Its no real biggie, but wondered if this could be user choice disabled, or is there an xml we can edit for this (if you know, what is the vanilla default setting, if I could edit this I would like to have them at half vanilla speed).

Edit : PS Thank you for all of your mods, I am intending to use a lot of them, I love your ideas.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 13:56

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Tue, 5. Jul 22, 10:00
Hi I have a question :

DeadAir Gate - On Github you have additional changes not mentioned in the OP .. "Removes rotation from asteroids".

I'm not sure what the aim is (maybe game performance, or its just annoying mining crystals from a rotating asteroid), but wonder if this would hinder the search for crystals (ie if crystals physical position on an asteroid is fixed per asteroid model, and they all have the same orientation, you could potentially fly through an asteroid field and not see any of the crystals because they are all on the blind side of the asteroid).
Doesn't the rotation help to show them twinkling in the distance?

Its no real biggie, but wondered if this could be user choice disabled, or is there an xml we can edit for this (if you know, what is the vanilla default setting, if I could edit this I would like to have them at half vanilla speed).

Edit : PS Thank you for all of your mods, I am intending to use a lot of them, I love your ideas.
I've been doing a lot of resource modding to try and improve performance while also making sure there is enough resources for the factions. The no rotation could potentially cause crystals to be missed and can be reset in regiondefinitions.xml by removing some diffs. Basically every line with
@rotation">

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 14:12

:thumb_up: Thank you.
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 17:25

DeadAir

One more question regarding ..

Mod name: Kuertee Attack AI tweaks and DeadAir AI Tweaks
Mod type: AI changes
Recommended Mods:

Standalone and highly compatible

On Github there is no download under releases, just source files.

So I presume we download it from Kuertee's Nexus Mod page?
And, if that is correct, Kuertee's mod page says the mod requires SirNukes Mod Support APIs, whereas in the OP here on Egosoft forum it does not.

Am I downloading the wrong thing, or is the OP wrong and it now requires SirNukes Mod Support APIs?

I am reluctant to use SirNukes Mod support APIs, due to it having to run an external program and possibly undermining windows security, which is a shame because the AI Tweaks looks really interesting

Seeker of Sohnen.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 17:49

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Tue, 5. Jul 22, 17:25
I am reluctant to use SirNukes Mod support APIs, due to it having to run an external program and possibly undermining windows security, which is a shame because the AI Tweaks looks really interesting
No need to run an external program if you can live without the hotkey functionality. I never bothered to download the other program, just used the mod support api mod itself.

"Components include: Lua Loader API, Time API, Named Pipes API, Hotkey API, Interact Menu API, Simple Menu API."
So everything except Hotkey API should probably work without it.

I don't suggest anything final, but at least KUDA from Nexus + SirNukes seems to work.

IgorDolvich

Post by IgorDolvich » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 17:59

Yes, the SirNukes mod works fine just by itself. The external Python program just adds additional functionality that I never used, but the AI tweaks and other mods that require SirNukes works fine without the additional program.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 21:25

As the two mentioned above, a bit if incorrect info on my part. I'm not the best at updating forum, read me, steam description, etc.

It requires sir nukes mod support for the right click changes and the options menu. It doesn't need the external pipes program to run.

The best place to download is from kuertee's Nexus (so he gets rewards). The code (non release) is basically for beta testing new changes/code and is actually what i run. I thought i remember him also putting out releases but i could be wrong.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 22:05

Excellent, AI Tweaks is back on the menu :D

Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 6. Jul 22, 21:03

Apologies for being a pest again ..

In the second post I notice mention of a "VRO Lite", but no link.
Had a look on GitHub under your profile ..
https://github.com/DeadAirRT
.. But VRO Lite is not listed

Is this a discord thing? (I am not a member), I had a look at Shuulo's original on Nexus Mods, but found no reference there.

Would like to find it because I have a feeling the original VRO will be a bit heavy for my laptop, so a Lite version sounds like it could enable me to use it.

Is VRO Lite still a work in progress hence no link?

Seeker of Sohnen.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 6. Jul 22, 21:24

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Wed, 6. Jul 22, 21:03
Apologies for being a pest again ..

In the second post I notice mention of a "VRO Lite", but no link.
Had a look on GitHub under your profile ..
https://github.com/DeadAirRT
.. But VRO Lite is not listed

Is this a discord thing? (I am not a member), I had a look at Shuulo's original on Nexus Mods, but found no reference there.

Would like to find it because I have a feeling the original VRO will be a bit heavy for my laptop, so a Lite version sounds like it could enable me to use it.

Is VRO Lite still a work in progress hence no link?
https://github.com/DeadAirRT/VRO

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 7. Jul 22, 05:15

Just an update since I haven't really put out any updates lately:

I put my new mod Xenon evolution on github but it's far from polished. It increases xenon strength over time.

I'm almost finished with my jobs upgrade that includes logic for long range expeditions against enemy factions. The update actually leads to about 12% less military ships as I've shifted some numbers from S ships to M/L. I reenabled supply ships.

My minor faction adjustment mod is almost ready for release. It removes all pirate spawning, they are instead built by a certain faction we all know and love. It creates a small specialized economy for the building faction that expands on the salvage mechanic.

My factions are getting some tweaking alongside jobs update. Minmatar keep getting demolished by argon for some reason so they will probably need buffs.

I have been occasionally trying to get S/M ships imported but it continues to be a huge pain in the ass.

One of these days I'll upload my update to VRO-lite that removes all the extra ships from the mod except the battleships.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 7. Jul 22, 08:04

8) Thank you for the link. I am now using pretty much all of your mods from Github, with the exception of factions so far, getting around to using those eventually, but absorbing the effects of all your other mods first. + Using VRO Lite. I am also using Moonrats "Encounters".

Your mods are very well thought out, if I had the same talents as yourself I think I would have had pretty much the same goals. I have been holding out on modding the game waiting for Ego to bring on the update to Ventures, but decided its time I had some fun.

Looking forward to your updates, thank you for the continued work (I had a good read of the whole topic last night and realised the immense amount of work that has gone into this collection, along with Kuertee and Shuulo's amazing efforts).

Seeker of Sohnen.

Bibet

Post by Bibet » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 08:07

Speaking of the faction mods, I have a bit of a weird issue with them. Installing a single faction mod with no other mods installed will drop my FPS from 70-80 to 40-50 in a Young Gun spawn test, but installing all four faction mods doesn't seem to lower this any further. Am I doing something wrong?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 15:04

Bibet wrote:
Fri, 8. Jul 22, 08:07
Speaking of the faction mods, I have a bit of a weird issue with them. Installing a single faction mod with no other mods installed will drop my FPS from 70-80 to 40-50 in a Young Gun spawn test, but installing all four faction mods doesn't seem to lower this any further. Am I doing something wrong?
Ship counts are highest when the game first starts so that is when you would have the worst simulation fps. Also, every single trader starts looking for trades, every wharf starts ordering certain job ships, etc; it's pretty much the highest peak cpu usage. Balancing universe activity with performance is very difficult because it runs perfectly fine until it hits a tipping point then drastically drops.

Nymix
x4

Post by Nymix » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 10:32

Hey, first of all - thanks so much for the fantastic mods! Clearly took a lot of effort and it shows. I was playing over the weekend and had problems trying to get fighters to dock in the Archon: once 9 S/ M ships were docked, none of the other assigned fighters were able to dock. The Archon shows an S capacity of 40 and M capacity of 10 so was wondering if this was a known (or unknown) bug, or if I've missed something?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 12:57

Nymix wrote:
Mon, 18. Jul 22, 10:32
Hey, first of all - thanks so much for the fantastic mods! Clearly took a lot of effort and it shows. I was playing over the weekend and had problems trying to get fighters to dock in the Archon: once 9 S/ M ships were docked, none of the other assigned fighters were able to dock. The Archon shows an S capacity of 40 and M capacity of 10 so was wondering if this was a known (or unknown) bug, or if I've missed something?
They should be moved to internal storage. I tested it a few times prior but I'll double check again today.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 23:27

Can the new version of Jobs conflict with FOCW? (In FOCW there's an option to add Xenon miners/traders)
And how do these two mods interact with each other overall? For example - will your Jobs mod use ships/fleets added by FOCW when preparing an invasion, for example?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”