[MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.1.40

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 03:28

jlvitorasso wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 03:22
Hey BlackRain! Long time since the last time i've posted on these forums, but this mod really peaked my interest.
It works more or less like the phanon corp for X3LU? I mean, can these corporations rival the player, can they get positive/negative relations with other factions and eventually wage war with them/take sectors?
Ty!
No, I did not make it so that they will rival governments and/or conquer territories. They are meant to be just corporations trading, etc. However, they do and can buy military ships and some of them will fight each other and/or government factions depending on the Corporation. They will also fight with you if you are their enemy. I never really intended for them to rival the player. Depending on how wealthy they are, they can be decently powerful though. However, just like with any faction, if you are strong enough you can crush them. Also, they order their ships from the factions they are friendly with and this could also be the player.

LoqLamp
x4

Post by LoqLamp » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 20:42

Hey thanks for the mod. It makes the game more interesting and it's nice to check in and see how the other corps are faring.

One thing I was wondering is if it's possible to lower the max skill rating of crew that you can hire through the ship buy menu? I see that there is a skill min-max in the characters.xml

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 01:18

LoqLamp wrote:
Thu, 25. Mar 21, 20:42
Hey thanks for the mod. It makes the game more interesting and it's nice to check in and see how the other corps are faring.

One thing I was wondering is if it's possible to lower the max skill rating of crew that you can hire through the ship buy menu? I see that there is a skill min-max in the characters.xml
You can edit the characters.xml to whatever you want between 0 and 15. A skill of 3 is 1 star and a skill of 15 is 5 stars.

LoqLamp
x4

Post by LoqLamp » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 01:55

Thanks.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.1.50

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 22:15

Version 1.5
1) Fixed the issue of ships being built above the specified quotas. Let me know if it isn't working properly (as in you think there are too many)
2) Some other minor fixes/changes.
3) Added Terran pilot and manager for recruitment

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 22:48

Hi, thanks for the update.

One thing... I noticed that 0001.XML is still missing entries 137 and 138 for "Family Freighter" and "Family Miner". If you recall, I had to manually edit these in last time to avoid missing text.

Also, is the separate 0001.XML download to go in the FOCW (not corporations) folder still needed? I compared it to the one natively in FOCW when I downloaded version 1.50 and they appear to match.

One query regarding your changes. I assume, despite the quota reduction, ships won't be simply vanishing on us. Will they go and decommission themselves, or will natural attrition just see ships not replaced if above the new quota?

Lastly, how significant was the prior over-quota? I elected to just enable extra main Faction ships previously, to help them keep the Xenon at bay. This resulted in a good balance. I noticed in the updated version lots more things are enabled by default, where they weren't before. Such as:

- Extra Xenon Miners
- All Factions Fight
- Activate All Capital Ships (level 3, "Heavy")
- Extra Carrier Fleets for all factions and Xenon

Basically, you seem to have really dialled things up substantially, is this linked to the change to fix the quota system?

Edit: even Xenon Apocalypse settings are on by default...this might make a bit of a mess if people don't check! The prior default with basically everything turned off is preferable.

Edit 2: Sorry, meant to post in the FOCW thread, not the Corporations one.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 23:02

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 2. Apr 21, 22:48
Hi, thanks for the update.

One thing... I noticed that 0001.XML is still missing entries 137 and 138 for "Family Freighter" and "Family Miner". If you recall, I had to manually edit these in last time to avoid missing text.

Also, is the separate 0001.XML download to go in the FOCW (not corporations) folder still needed? I compared it to the one natively in FOCW when I downloaded version 1.50 and they appear to match.

One query regarding your changes. I assume, despite the quota reduction, ships won't be simply vanishing on us. Will they go and decommission themselves, or will natural attrition just see ships not replaced if above the new quota?

Lastly, how significant was the prior over-quota? I elected to just enable extra main Faction ships previously, to help them keep the Xenon at bay. This resulted in a good balance. I noticed in the updated version lots more things are enabled by default, where they weren't before. Such as:

- Extra Xenon Miners
- All Factions Fight
- Activate All Capital Ships (level 3, "Heavy")
- Extra Carrier Fleets for all factions and Xenon

Basically, you seem to have really dialled things up substantially, is this linked to the change to fix the quota system?

Edit: even Xenon Apocalypse settings are on by default...this might make a bit of a mess if people don't check! The prior default with basically everything turned off is preferable.

Edit 2: Sorry, meant to post in the FOCW thread, not the Corporations one.

Scoob.
Wait, I could have sworn I deactivated everything though ugh. I don't understand why, let me fix it and reupload.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 23:06

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 2. Apr 21, 23:02
Wait, I could have sworn I deactivated everything though ugh. I don't understand why, let me fix it and reupload.
Cool.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 23:10

Okay, redownload please, I fixed it. I added the entries in as well. As for ships already in the game, they won't be vanishing. They will remain until destroyed. However, the code takes note of the ships and will not build anymore of those types of jobs until it goes lower than the quota.

As for how much over the quota they went, that ultimately depended on the faction. For example, it might have been supposed to build 1 carrier fleet, but ended up with 5 or 6 depending.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 23:19

Thanks.

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 23:20

I should add that for some factions it worked well but others not so much. For example, Antigone might have like 200 fighters and 30 destroyers flying around antigone memorial patrolling but seeing no action. Free families might have 7 raptors flying around but zyarch has no ships because they are low on resources. These observations are also with my corporations mod

sanas
x4

Post by sanas » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 01:52

Its work fine with FE ? And how its work with mods what added new faction like Ossian Raider? :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 02:06

sanas wrote:
Sat, 3. Apr 21, 01:52
Its work fine with FE ? And how its work with mods what added new faction like Ossian Raider? :)
It works fine with FE, as for Ossian raider, no idea. I mean the mod will work just fine as it doesn't do the same thing. Ossian raider adds a faction, but I am not sure what this faction does. Either way, it is compatible.

popjoke
x4

Post by popjoke » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 02:50

Not sure if it has been asked before, but how do I lower the faction relationship? I paid to improve the relationship of Antigone with HOP, but now I kind of regretted it.

Thanks

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 02:55

popjoke wrote:
Sat, 3. Apr 21, 02:50
Not sure if it has been asked before, but how do I lower the faction relationship? I paid to improve the relationship of Antigone with HOP, but now I kind of regretted it.

Thanks
Well, if you are allied with either Antigone or HOP (relation of 20 or higher) you can talk to the faction rep for one of the factions and click on discuss faction relations, then click on set diplomacy stance for faction, then select the faction you want and the relation you want.

Chapi22

Post by Chapi22 » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 22:42

I have translated the rest of this file into German.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m434l5jq7mhhx ... 9.xml?dl=0

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 22:47

Chapi22 wrote:
Sat, 3. Apr 21, 22:42
I have translated the rest of this file into German.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m434l5jq7mhhx ... 9.xml?dl=0
Thanks, I will include it next time I put up an upload.

Lechrenski
x4

Post by Lechrenski » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 21:07

If I delete the characters.xml file, will that cause a problem with other parts of the mod? I like the ideas behind this, but getting free, skilled recruits feels a little bit "cheat-y" to me.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 21:14

Lechrenski wrote:
Sun, 4. Apr 21, 21:07
If I delete the characters.xml file, will that cause a problem with other parts of the mod? I like the ideas behind this, but getting free, skilled recruits feels a little bit "cheat-y" to me.
The mod can be customized. Do not delete the characters.xml, it will mess up the mod. Just edit the characters.xml and change all the skill numbers. The range is from 0 to 15, every 3 is one star. So just set the min to 0 and the max to like 3 or something.

debstar2610
x4

Post by debstar2610 » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 15:58

Hi

I am trying the mod thanks

I have seen some missions in my logs but where do I find them ? are thre a HQ i need to find ?(like in X3 ?)

Thanks.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”