[MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

cbtendo
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.1.60

Post by cbtendo » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 14:38

Hi, I'm interested in trying out this mod. but, nobody have mentioned it yet, does this mod requires the FOCW mod?
I probably don't want to use FOCW due to me not understanding FOCW mod purposes/impact and the need for it in my current/future game

cdeeks
x3tc

Post by cdeeks » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 13:12

Does this conflict with the other FOCW mod that makes universe more packed? i think that chganges jobs also.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 16:10

cbtendo wrote:
Wed, 28. Jul 21, 14:38
Hi, I'm interested in trying out this mod. but, nobody have mentioned it yet, does this mod requires the FOCW mod?
I probably don't want to use FOCW due to me not understanding FOCW mod purposes/impact and the need for it in my current/future game
This does not require the other FOCW mod. Also, the other FOCW mod adds fleets of ships to make the game more active without making it too chaotic. Basically it just adds more ships which are built normally like every other ship and it also makes sure that all of these ships get built eventually. So, essentially, the universe will always seem filled rather than in vanilla where over time it becomes more dead.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 16:11

cdeeks wrote:
Thu, 29. Jul 21, 13:12
Does this conflict with the other FOCW mod that makes universe more packed? i think that chganges jobs also.
Nope, they both work perfectly together

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 18:22

Is this compatible with 4.10?
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 03:26

shovelmonkey wrote:
Sun, 19. Sep 21, 18:22
Is this compatible with 4.10?
Yes it should be just fine. I don't touch any of the existing scripts from vanilla other than adding in ships.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 30. Sep 21, 01:00

Does anyone have any feedback for me with this? Curious if there is anything they feel is missing or some ideas to be implemented, etc.

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Thu, 30. Sep 21, 12:19

In general I am pretty happy with it, but some more/better feedback would be nice.

Those messages where you print the value of the company; could you please either display it as something like e.g. 1,2 billion or 450 million, or maybe just add 1000 separators? The times I bother with it I find myself counting decimal
places just to figure out which companies are the strongest.

Not sure if that is possible, but could you also have messages if stations of companies get destroyed?
Iucundi acti labores

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 30. Sep 21, 13:42

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Thu, 30. Sep 21, 12:19
In general I am pretty happy with it, but some more/better feedback would be nice.

Those messages where you print the value of the company; could you please either display it as something like e.g. 1,2 billion or 450 million, or maybe just add 1000 separators? The times I bother with it I find myself counting decimal
places just to figure out which companies are the strongest.

Not sure if that is possible, but could you also have messages if stations of companies get destroyed?
Hmm, I can look into it. I am not sure how to do it at this moment but I can try to figure it out when I have some time.

scuderica8492
x3ap

Post by scuderica8492 » Thu, 28. Oct 21, 12:08

Hi, I enjoy your mod, thank you for your work.
I got a question. Is there any way to increase factory module number per station for corporations?
I'm using DeadAir's ware, and government's station has much more modules per station.
but Corporation station has only 1 factory module per station, so they can't be a big role in economy.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 28. Oct 21, 19:33

scuderica8492 wrote:
Thu, 28. Oct 21, 12:08
Hi, I enjoy your mod, thank you for your work.
I got a question. Is there any way to increase factory module number per station for corporations?
I'm using DeadAir's ware, and government's station has much more modules per station.
but Corporation station has only 1 factory module per station, so they can't be a big role in economy.
Do you mean like adding more modules to the station itself? I mean, it is possible but the issue is that the game itself has some pretty complicated calculations when doing so for vanilla stations (like checking how much resources are produced in an area and where shortages are, etc.) Anyway, it is pretty complicated so I never really thought of an easy way to do it. Instead, it is made up by how many stations get built. Over time, corporations will build a lot of small stations which will definitely have an impact but it takes a long time. I will think more about it when I have time to fool around with stuff.

scuderica8492
x3ap

Post by scuderica8492 » Fri, 29. Oct 21, 04:33

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 28. Oct 21, 19:33
Do you mean like adding more modules to the station itself? I mean, it is possible but the issue is that the game itself has some pretty complicated calculations when doing so for vanilla stations (like checking how much resources are produced in an area and where shortages are, etc.) Anyway, it is pretty complicated so I never really thought of an easy way to do it. Instead, it is made up by how many stations get built. Over time, corporations will build a lot of small stations which will definitely have an impact but it takes a long time. I will think more about it when I have time to fool around with stuff.
Yes, that's what I meant to say, and didn't know its so complicated. I see, thank you!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 13. Dec 21, 00:35

scuderica8492 wrote:
Fri, 29. Oct 21, 04:33
BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 28. Oct 21, 19:33
Yes, that's what I meant to say, and didn't know its so complicated. I see, thank you!
I tried looking into it a bit, but it is a pain. I might try to see if I could have them just build larger stations to start off with (like with a few different factory modules, rather than the one). So it would just build a larger factory with more modules right from the get go. I am considering it.

DragonEye501
x3ap

Post by DragonEye501 » Wed, 15. Dec 21, 22:33

Does dynamicwarconversaions include the ability for factions to change relations with each other dynamically like the base Dynamicwars mod? Or does it just change relations between corporations? :gruebel:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 17. Dec 21, 16:34

DragonEye501 wrote:
Wed, 15. Dec 21, 22:33
Does dynamicwarconversaions include the ability for factions to change relations with each other dynamically like the base Dynamicwars mod? Or does it just change relations between corporations? :gruebel:
This already has something which changes relations between the corporations, but it doesn't follow the same logic as dynamic wars. We set it up so that dynamic wars wouldn't affect the corporations at all. Dynamic wars can be used alongside this just fine, it just won't have any impact on corporations. The corporations will randomly gain or lose reputation with each other and fight each other every now and then if they have manpower to do so.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:07

So I am doing some work on this now and wanted to see what people prefer.

Currently, in my latest version (not released yet), a station will be built by a corporation with a random number of modules from 3 to 6 of one specific trade good. So a corporation might build a Claytronics factory with 3 to 6 claytronics modules. I might need to change these numbers depending on the trade good (like claytronics should probably have a lower number of modules since they are so expensive to build). However, the station will only be focused on the one trade good. This is the easiest way to do it. Another way would be to have it build a random number of modules of a few different related trade goods. Like I could set it up so each factory would build modules that support a final good (like for hull parts, there would also be an energy production module and a refined metals production module as part of the station). I don't know, maybe just focusing on one particular production is best (i.e. refined metals only).

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:53

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:07

Currently, in my latest version (not released yet), a station will be built by a corporation with a random number of modules from 3 to 6 of one specific trade good. So a corporation might build a Claytronics factory with 3 to 6 claytronics modules. I might need to change these numbers depending on the trade good (like claytronics should probably have a lower number of modules since they are so expensive to build). However, the station will only be focused on the one trade good. This is the easiest way to do it. Another way would be to have it build a random number of modules of a few different related trade goods. Like I could set it up so each factory would build modules that support a final good (like for hull parts, there would also be an energy production module and a refined metals production module as part of the station). I don't know, maybe just focusing on one particular production is best (i.e. refined metals only).
Hi there, I think 1 product per station is best.

Also, is there a way to dactivate the "pilot" & "manager" for hire option? I tried deleting the characters.xml but I still get the options. I would like them gone.

Thx!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:55

ApoxNM wrote:
Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:53
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:07

Hi there, I think 1 product per station is best.

Also, is there a way to dactivate the "pilot" & "manager" for hire option? I tried deleting the characters.xml but I still get the options. I would like them gone.

Thx!
Yeah, you can easily just delete roles.xml and you are good.

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:58

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:55

Thank you for the quick reply :) and thank you for making and mainting such a great mod, I like it very much!

Is there a way to see which species a corp belongs to?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 22:48

ApoxNM wrote:
Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:58
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:55

Thank you for the quick reply :) and thank you for making and mainting such a great mod, I like it very much!

Is there a way to see which species a corp belongs to?
Well, you can usually see in the name or the ships they buy (although some corps may buy ships from other races).

They should also have the same logos as the race I think as I didn't have any unique logos for them, etc.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”