[MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.1.70

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 20:07

Brisingr22 wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 19:28
seems something with the deadair AI tweaks and FOCW Corporations conflicts, have you figured out what by chance?
Are you familiar with getting the debug log at all? It would help greatly in tracking down any issue.

Brisingr22

Post by Brisingr22 » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 21:03

Thanks, that seemed to be what the problem was, with the recon script

Brisingr22

Post by Brisingr22 » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 21:05

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 20:07
Brisingr22 wrote:
seems something with the deadair AI tweaks and FOCW Corporations conflicts, have you figured out what by chance?
Are you familiar with getting the debug log at all? It would help greatly in tracking down any issue.

I understand the debug logs, but i don't see a debug folder at all for x4, unless it's located somewhere else. The game its self wouldn't throw an error, it would just pause at loading at 99% and stop completly.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 21:13

Brisingr22 wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 21:05
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 20:07
Brisingr22 wrote:

I understand the debug logs, but i don't see a debug folder at all for x4, unless it's located somewhere else. The game its self wouldn't throw an error, it would just pause at loading at 99% and stop completly.
To get the debug output it would require some parameters for the exe and something of that level would spit out messages

computica
x4

Post by computica » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 18:51

How do I add a custom logo to each faction?

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 20:32

Brisingr22 wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 21:05
Make a shortcut with contents "X4.exe" -debug all -logfile debuglog.txt"
then find/search the txt file after a session/crash

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 22:23

computica wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 18:51
Well, you should be able to. I guess you would have to have the logo and then you can edit factions.xml for the faction you want to have a logo and then change this <icon active="faction_argon" inactive="faction_argon" /> to have the name of the logo you want.

computica
x4

Post by computica » Thu, 3. Feb 22, 17:34

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 22:23
computica wrote:
Well, you should be able to. I guess you would have to have the logo and then you can edit factions.xml for the faction you want to have a logo and then change this <icon active="faction_argon" inactive="faction_argon" /> to have the name of the logo you want.
How do I define my custom logo? For example "Example01.PNG" where would I even put this?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 3. Feb 22, 21:18

computica wrote:
Thu, 3. Feb 22, 17:34
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 22:23
computica wrote:
How do I define my custom logo? For example "Example01.PNG" where would I even put this?
There is a logo mod on the nexus. I think logos get put into mydocuments/egosoft folder somewhere but I don't remember the exact path. the mod should tell you where to put them though and it should work I guess?

Then edit factions.xml for the faction you want to have a logo and then change this <icon active="faction_argon" inactive="faction_argon" /> to <icon active="Example01" inactive="Example01 />

Not sure if this works or not since I never did it but it might?

dmakx281
x4

Post by dmakx281 » Tue, 22. Feb 22, 07:20

GREAT mods created. One question- how do I change it back so that the pilots you hire all start at 0 to 1 stars in experience? I like to level them up slowly.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 22. Feb 22, 14:06

dmakx281 wrote:
Tue, 22. Feb 22, 07:20
GREAT mods created. One question- how do I change it back so that the pilots you hire all start at 0 to 1 stars in experience? I like to level them up slowly.
Just go into the mod folder, open libraries folder and then edit characters.xml. The range for each skill is 0 to 15 with 15 being 5 stars. So you can do 0 min, 3 max or something like that.

dmakx281
x4

Post by dmakx281 » Wed, 23. Feb 22, 16:27

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 22. Feb 22, 14:06
dmakx281 wrote:
Just go into the mod folder, open libraries folder and then edit characters.xml. The range for each skill is 0 to 15 with 15 being 5 stars. So you can do 0 min, 3 max or something like that.
Thanks.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Wed, 23. Feb 22, 17:34

this mod doesnt compatible with some kuertee mods, new game stucks at 99%.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Wed, 23. Feb 22, 21:25

gastovski wrote:
Wed, 23. Feb 22, 17:34
this mod doesnt compatible with some kuertee mods, new game stucks at 99%.
Likely problem in your end. I've played about 100 hours with most (15) of kuertee mods with this.

Time to do more specific testing and find which kuertee mod specifically. Otherwise we'd be just blind guessing why it doesn't work for you.

These are the ones I don't have, so if you have any of them it might help to identify the culprit:
Teleport from transporter room
Surface element targeting
Ship scanner
Crime has consequences
Alternatives to death
High sec rooms are locked
Wear and tear
More generic missions
Ui reset mouse
UI active mission button
Loot mining
Hacking outcomes

Beyond that there's the old proven way of halving your mod list and find out which half is the one that doesn't work properly. Then halve agaim until you find the misbehaving mod.
Or you can search how to run x4 with debug logging so it makes a txt file for diagnosing the problem.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Wed, 23. Feb 22, 22:35

it was deadair recon file, thanks for help

dmakx281
x4

Post by dmakx281 » Sat, 26. Feb 22, 19:32

BlackRain wrote:
dmakx281 wrote:
I ended up just deleting all of the "replace" lines to keep the default settings. I kept everything that you "added" into characters.xml. The only "replace" I kept was the Argon faction representative. Out of curiosity, why did you replace that one?

Thanks.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 27. Feb 22, 01:16

dmakx281 wrote:
Sat, 26. Feb 22, 19:32
BlackRain wrote:
dmakx281 wrote:
I ended up just deleting all of the "replace" lines to keep the default settings. I kept everything that you "added" into characters.xml. The only "replace" I kept was the Argon faction representative. Out of curiosity, why did you replace that one?

Thanks.
Didn't I block that off though? I was testing something when I did that but I should have commented it out so it doesn't affect any game.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 28. Feb 22, 17:47

Some feedback regarding compatibility.
modules.xml

Code: Select all

<add sel="//modules/module[@id='stor_arg']/category[@faction]">argonenergy, argonmining, argonrefined, antigoneenergy, antigonemining, antigonerefined</add>
doesn't work because the file has the factions inside of []

<replace sel="//modules/module[@id='dockarea_spl_hightech']" silent="true">
  <module id="dockarea_spl_hightech" group="dockarea_spl_hightech">
    <category tags="[dockarea, module, hightech]" race="split" faction="[split, freesplit, court, paranidhigh, paranidship, paranidagric, holyorderhigh, holyordership, holyorderagric]" />
  </module>
  </replace>
This causes incompatibility with any faction mod loaded before it. They added a way to set new owners non-destructively a while back, here is an example:

<add sel="//module[@id='prod_gen_engineparts']/category">
	<extension faction="[daldari]"/>
</add>

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 1. Mar 22, 02:56

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 28. Feb 22, 17:47
Some feedback regarding compatibility.
modules.xml

<add sel="//modules/module[@id='stor_arg']/category[@faction]">argonenergy, argonmining, argonrefined, antigoneenergy, antigonemining, antigonerefined</add>
doesn't work because the file has the factions inside of []

<replace sel="//modules/module[@id='dockarea_spl_hightech']" silent="true">
  <module id="dockarea_spl_hightech" group="dockarea_spl_hightech">
    <category tags="[dockarea, module, hightech]" race="split" faction="[split, freesplit, court, paranidhigh, paranidship, paranidagric, holyorderhigh, holyordership, holyorderagric]" />
  </module>
  </replace>
This causes incompatibility with any faction mod loaded before it. They added a way to set new owners non-destructively a while back, here is an example:

<add sel="//module[@id='prod_gen_engineparts']/category">
	<extension faction="[daldari]"/>
</add>
Thanks, I will take a look at it when I have some time.

AAAron
x4

Post by AAAron » Sun, 27. Mar 22, 07:22

What about compability with VRO mod ? And 5.0 x4 version ? This mod looks insane but I can't imagine playing without VRO tbh :D
EDIT: I install the mod with FE mod pack, VRO, XR Ships work fine for now but i read that should be option to choose how skill pilot/crew we will recruit there is only a option to buy pilot and mangers but tbh i donno for what i need them, know their responibilities but why we recruit them on ship ? :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”