[MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.3.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.1.60

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:07

So I am doing some work on this now and wanted to see what people prefer.

Currently, in my latest version (not released yet), a station will be built by a corporation with a random number of modules from 3 to 6 of one specific trade good. So a corporation might build a Claytronics factory with 3 to 6 claytronics modules. I might need to change these numbers depending on the trade good (like claytronics should probably have a lower number of modules since they are so expensive to build). However, the station will only be focused on the one trade good. This is the easiest way to do it. Another way would be to have it build a random number of modules of a few different related trade goods. Like I could set it up so each factory would build modules that support a final good (like for hull parts, there would also be an energy production module and a refined metals production module as part of the station). I don't know, maybe just focusing on one particular production is best (i.e. refined metals only).

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:53

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:07

Currently, in my latest version (not released yet), a station will be built by a corporation with a random number of modules from 3 to 6 of one specific trade good. So a corporation might build a Claytronics factory with 3 to 6 claytronics modules. I might need to change these numbers depending on the trade good (like claytronics should probably have a lower number of modules since they are so expensive to build). However, the station will only be focused on the one trade good. This is the easiest way to do it. Another way would be to have it build a random number of modules of a few different related trade goods. Like I could set it up so each factory would build modules that support a final good (like for hull parts, there would also be an energy production module and a refined metals production module as part of the station). I don't know, maybe just focusing on one particular production is best (i.e. refined metals only).
Hi there, I think 1 product per station is best.

Also, is there a way to dactivate the "pilot" & "manager" for hire option? I tried deleting the characters.xml but I still get the options. I would like them gone.

Thx!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:55

ApoxNM wrote:
Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:53
BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:07

Hi there, I think 1 product per station is best.

Also, is there a way to dactivate the "pilot" & "manager" for hire option? I tried deleting the characters.xml but I still get the options. I would like them gone.

Thx!
Yeah, you can easily just delete roles.xml and you are good.

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:58

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:55

Thank you for the quick reply :) and thank you for making and mainting such a great mod, I like it very much!

Is there a way to see which species a corp belongs to?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 22:48

ApoxNM wrote:
Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:58
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:55

Thank you for the quick reply :) and thank you for making and mainting such a great mod, I like it very much!

Is there a way to see which species a corp belongs to?
Well, you can usually see in the name or the ships they buy (although some corps may buy ships from other races).

They should also have the same logos as the race I think as I didn't have any unique logos for them, etc.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Fri, 31. Dec 21, 17:51

Question regarding relations of the of the various corps to the main races, which may potentially contain spoilers...so:
Spoiler
Show
I'm toying with a custom game start with the plotlines completed. Paranids unified and Zyarth victory. Using your main FOCW mod I want to set massive war with Zyarth and Trinity at war with basically everyone else. Perhaps Segaris and Terrans neutral or some other combination I come up with.

TLDR, since the corporations are related to their various umbrella races will they also mirror these relation changes? Tooling around in the savegame file I can see the corporation relations, but no such option exists in FOCW. In the savegame files it seems that maybe they are related, but I'm not sure.
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 31. Dec 21, 18:20

shovelmonkey wrote:
Fri, 31. Dec 21, 17:51
Question regarding relations of the of the various corps to the main races, which may potentially contain spoilers...so:
Spoiler
Show
I'm toying with a custom game start with the plotlines completed. Paranids unified and Zyarth victory. Using your main FOCW mod I want to set massive war with Zyarth and Trinity at war with basically everyone else. Perhaps Segaris and Terrans neutral or some other combination I come up with.

TLDR, since the corporations are related to their various umbrella races will they also mirror these relation changes? Tooling around in the savegame file I can see the corporation relations, but no such option exists in FOCW. In the savegame files it seems that maybe they are related, but I'm not sure.
You have to give each faction its own relation, so I made all corporations sort of neutral to their parent race so to speak. That means they will trade with any main faction and each other (unless they are at war with another corporation at the time). However, you can edit it. Open up corpjobactivate.xml in the md folder in notepad+++ or something like that. Search for the cue make_friendsCorp. You can change this. So if you are talking which corporations are split and which are Paranid it is the following corporations:
PARANID/HOP/TRINITY CORPORATIONS:
paranidenergy
holyorderenergy
holyordermining
paranidmining
paranidrefined
holyorderrefined

ZYARCH/FREESPLIT/COURT CORPORATIONS:
paranidhigh
holyorderhigh
paranidship
holyordership
paranidagric
holyorderagric

The names are just something I made up so ignore the fact it says paranid/holyorder for Zyarch, etc. Corporations.

Anyway, just change the relations for all of these for the faction you want. Remember, there are two you need to change for every faction. So you need to then also find the other one for each corporations.

For example:
<set_faction_relation faction="faction.holyorderagric" otherfaction="faction.argon" value="0"/> <-- This makes the corporation neutral with argon
<set_faction_relation faction="faction.argon" otherfaction="faction.holyorderagric" value="0"/> <-- This makes argon neutral with the corporation

You would need to change both to make sure they are both the same relation (or you could just change one but then the relations will be different).

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Fri, 31. Dec 21, 18:28

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 31. Dec 21, 18:20
shovelmonkey wrote:
Fri, 31. Dec 21, 17:51
Spoiler
Show

You have to give each faction its own relation, so I made all corporations sort of neutral to their parent race so to speak. That means they will trade with any main faction and each other (unless they are at war with another corporation at the time). However, you can edit it. Open up corpjobactivate.xml in the md folder in notepad+++ or something like that. Search for the cue make_friendsCorp. You can change this. So if you are talking which corporations are split and which are Paranid it is the following corporations:
PARANID/HOP/TRINITY CORPORATIONS:
paranidenergy
holyorderenergy
holyordermining
paranidmining
paranidrefined
holyorderrefined

ZYARCH/FREESPLIT/COURT CORPORATIONS:
paranidhigh
holyorderhigh
paranidship
holyordership
paranidagric
holyorderagric

The names are just something I made up so ignore the fact it says paranid/holyorder for Zyarch, etc. Corporations.

Anyway, just change the relations for all of these for the faction you want. Remember, there are two you need to change for every faction. So you need to then also find the other one for each corporations.

For example:
<set_faction_relation faction="faction.holyorderagric" otherfaction="faction.argon" value="0"/> <-- This makes the corporation neutral with argon
<set_faction_relation faction="faction.argon" otherfaction="faction.holyorderagric" value="0"/> <-- This makes argon neutral with the corporation

You would need to change both to make sure they are both the same relation (or you could just change one but then the relations will be different).
Awesome, thank you!
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD] FOCW Corporations REVISED V.1.70

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 16:40

Version 1.7 FOCW Corporations Revised, Link in OP.
1) Corporations will build larger stations now, this is only for new stations they build. Any existing stations will remain the same (if loading an existing save).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 17:36

I forgot to mention something I changed which I find pretty cool. I made it so that all corporations would be interested in building in Hatikvah owned sectors so you will see a lot of colors in Hatikvah sectors as more and more corporations build there. I see it as a trade haven (both for licit and illicit trade) and you will see a lot of activity there.

Brisingr22

Post by Brisingr22 » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 18:18

Hey BlackRain, with the FOCW Corporations mod, everytime i try to load my game it stops at 99% and ceases to advance further.

Any idea what could be causing it?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 18:57

Brisingr22 wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 18:18
Hey BlackRain, with the FOCW Corporations mod, everytime i try to load my game it stops at 99% and ceases to advance further.

Any idea what could be causing it?
That definitely shouldn't be happening. Did you touch anything in the scripts or files? I can't think of anything that could cause this to happen.

Brisingr22

Post by Brisingr22 » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 19:09

I figured it out its the Deadair AI tweak, but im unsure why it's causing the load to pause at 99% unless i downloaded the file wrong?

Brisingr22

Post by Brisingr22 » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 19:28

seems something with the deadair AI tweaks and FOCW Corporations conflicts, have you figured out what by chance?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 19:40

Brisingr22 wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 19:28
seems something with the deadair AI tweaks and FOCW Corporations conflicts, have you figured out what by chance?
Nothing conflicts with those two, I had an issue with something else that I did. It has nothing to do with FOCW Corporations or any of my other released stuff. Unless there is a more serious issue with deadair ai tweaks. Go into the aiscripts folder of the deadair ai tweaks mod. Delete the order.move.recon script and see if it is okay then.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 20:07

Brisingr22 wrote:
Are you familiar with getting the debug log at all? It would help greatly in tracking down any issue.

Brisingr22

Post by Brisingr22 » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 21:03

Thanks, that seemed to be what the problem was, with the recon script

Brisingr22

Post by Brisingr22 » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 21:05

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 20:07
Brisingr22 wrote:
Are you familiar with getting the debug log at all? It would help greatly in tracking down any issue.

I understand the debug logs, but i don't see a debug folder at all for x4, unless it's located somewhere else. The game its self wouldn't throw an error, it would just pause at loading at 99% and stop completly.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 21:13

Brisingr22 wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 21:05
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 20:07
Brisingr22 wrote:

I understand the debug logs, but i don't see a debug folder at all for x4, unless it's located somewhere else. The game its self wouldn't throw an error, it would just pause at loading at 99% and stop completly.
To get the debug output it would require some parameters for the exe and something of that level would spit out messages

computica
x4

Post by computica » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 18:51

How do I add a custom logo to each faction?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”