Mod request - Xenon alliance

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dyingcrow
x4

Mod request - Xenon alliance

Post by dyingcrow » Tue, 9. Feb 21, 03:25

I posted this on the Steam forums under suggestions - not the best place - , and posting here as well as an idea for a mod. Realistically, i don't think ES would ever do something like this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A new game option, that would trigger after completing the HQ plot.

The Xenon would offer an option to join them in conquest, but not share any technology. This would provide the option to move the HQ to a Xenon sector of our choice.

All other factions would immediately be set to -30. From then on, all trading would be only in ore, silicon, energy cells, advanced electronics and scanning arrays (Xenon shipyards and wharfs don't require them, but they're there) which is already possible with M ships. Xenon ships could require the player to actually supply them with other wares they can't build themselves, like hull plates, which would make their ships sliiightly tougher - still against overwhelming odds.

Even being a total conquest scenario, we could still acquire station blueprints by scanning. Faction relations could be warmed up by dealing only with enemy factions, like attacking Argon to get rep with the Paranid or Split, but with a severe time decay factor. This would allow for a chance to buy some ships or maybe blueprints, have some respite and scan some signals for blueprints without being shot at by the whole sector, maybe actually do some trading with those factions, do some missions for extra income, all in borrowed time, and while only maiming a faction enough to be able to keep that up. Crippling a temporarily friendly faction by destroying their production, wharfs or shipyards would exhaust the source of rep. But that would eventually be inevitable. To balance things a bit, faction ships could cost some 3\4 or half or the cost of a normal playthrough, and be able to have vastly bigger numbers.

Playing on borrowed time with a faction would be just that, as they would eventually have enough numbers to overwhelm the Xenon and cause a defeat scenario by wipe.

Alternatively, something similar to the ship reverse engineering mod would allow us to cap and learn blueprints of ships and guns, as we wouldn't otherwise have easy access to any of that.

Xenon could offer "provide x number of whatever ships for raid", and seek and destroy missions on hard targets (stations for example), to delay or prevent inevitable, (scripted) raids or invasions, while offering credits or ores, or ships for player control, anything from an N to an I, but the player wouldn't be able to fly them.

Something like this could be excellent for veteran players who seek a tough, conquest scenario challenge, with all the hard combat options X4 offers. Like actually having to assemble defensive\offensive fleets of more then 1 player ship for a purpose, while bolstering numbers mostly by piracy - capping ships.

Most of this can already be done by cheating or using mods, like moving the HQ, reverse engineer ships, cheating to manipulate standings or spawn ships we can control, trading with Xenon stations, etc, but there's nothing like standing decay, Xenon offering missions or factions being able to build more and cheaper to increase the threat on this scenario.

Hope this spiked someone's creativity, and thanks for reading :)
Last edited by dyingcrow on Sat, 13. Feb 21, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Xenon alliance

Post by kuertee » Tue, 9. Feb 21, 07:35

natively, the player's relationship to the xenon looks to be locked at -1.

and I'm unsure if that gets "baked-in" to the saved file.
if so, mods that change that property in their faction definition may require a new game start - which is what you're proposing.

anyway, i have that definition unlocked in my, Alternatives to Death (ATD) mod.
i was preemptively hoping that my guess about it being baked-in is true.

(i was only "preemptively hoping" because I've not tested friendly relations with the xenon.
and I've not tested it because the main purpose of ATD is not for that.)

but ... you can allow ATD to assimilate you and your properties into the xenon faction (or khaak faction, or any faction) when they "kill" you.
that feature works for normal factions. but is untested with the khaak and xenon.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

dyingcrow
x4

Post by dyingcrow » Tue, 9. Feb 21, 12:28

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 9. Feb 21, 07:35
natively, the player's relationship to the xenon looks to be locked at -1.

and I'm unsure if that gets "baked-in" to the saved file.
if so, mods that change that property in their faction definition may require a new game start - which is what you're proposing.
Not really :)

It gets baked in the save file, i think, along with the other reps, otherwise it would reset every save load.
I changed my rep with the Xenon to +30 using the cheat mod.

scrab21
x4

Post by scrab21 » Wed, 10. Feb 21, 11:54

You can actually unlock it by editing your save file and put yourself to highest relation with Xenon and Khaak too, it's an interesting gameplay but it has some bugs obviously since you aren't supposed to be friendly with them

dyingcrow
x4

Post by dyingcrow » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 02:48

scrab21 wrote:
Wed, 10. Feb 21, 11:54
You can actually unlock it by editing your save file and put yourself to highest relation with Xenon and Khaak too, it's an interesting gameplay but it has some bugs obviously since you aren't supposed to be friendly with them
What bugs are you referring to? All that'd be happening is trading ores and energy cells, that already works, although with only up to M ships.

scrab21
x4

Post by scrab21 » Thu, 18. Feb 21, 19:47

dyingcrow wrote:
Sat, 13. Feb 21, 02:48
scrab21 wrote:
Wed, 10. Feb 21, 11:54
What bugs are you referring to? All that'd be happening is trading ores and energy cells, that already works, although with only up to M ships.
For example xenon ships getting stuck near your stations

dyingcrow
x4

Post by dyingcrow » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 22:29

scrab21 wrote:
Thu, 18. Feb 21, 19:47
For example xenon ships getting stuck near your stations
If you're referring to K's and I's, haven't noticed this happening. It shouldn't ever happen OOS anyways.
I have small mining outposts in some Xenon clusters (just docks and solid storage), which are meant for my L miners to drop off the rocks, while M miners do all the trading back and forth (which works in Vanilla, and HOPE it doesn't get changed). If i have sell orders opened for Xenon, their miners and energy transporters will occasionally come and buy stuff themselves like any other ship.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”