[Request] Police Area Default Behaviour

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Polofix

Re: [Request] Police Area Default Behaviour

Post by Polofix » Thu, 25. May 23, 05:43

Too bad, there's probably nothing you can do. Seems to be more complicated.
Thanks anyway. Maybe there is another modder who could implement this function. Because the way the police behavior is in Vanilla at the moment, it makes no sense to use this default command.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Thu, 25. May 23, 22:41

Please try if this works for you, 'SirNukes Mod Support APIs' is required as a dependency. Of course, any extension that also handles the functions I've patched will have to be adapted via callbacks or just adopting the code.
https://github.com/DjFRedy/X4-Extension ... ag_support
https://github.com/DjFRedy/X4-Extensions/releases

EDIT: link update
Last edited by Dj_FRedy on Sun, 28. May 23, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Sat, 27. May 23, 13:29

Cool, thank you very much. I just read your post. I'll try it out and let you know.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Sat, 27. May 23, 16:34

Works perfect, just drag and drop the radius with the mouse, as with the other commands. That's how I imagined it. Now I can finally put a stop to the illegal activity in my sectors.

The police also adheres nicely to the set radius, have tried it with different radii.

Maybe the two mods could be packaged together and released as Enhanced Police Behavior on Steam and / or Nexus, if j.harshaw also agrees? It would be a real shame if there are others who don't benefit from reading the thread here and so the mods don't get lost at some point.

Many many thanks to both of you for the mods.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Sat, 27. May 23, 17:24

Not for nothing, but I'd really rather not, I simply responded to your request because I knew how to deal with your problem on paper, but from there to uploading it as a combined mod to various sites I think I'll pass. Still, I'm glad to have been of help.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Sat, 27. May 23, 18:57

Ok, I see. Thanks again anyway.

Eagle_Four
x3

Post by Eagle_Four » Sun, 28. May 23, 08:21

Hi, thank you from my side as well. Now the police works as hoped. Would be nice if Egosoft could make this permanent.

Has anyone actually experienced the ship captains throwing out illegal wares and cooperating?
With me, the ships that were caught so far always became hostile.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”