Argon Reborn improves the Station/Crew NPCs models, population of the Stations, spawns only Station Races NPCs for each faction, Argon Habitat now only spawns Argon Characters or your chosen race by using the argonreborn_config.xml.
Available on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/564 (i have only GOG version for now, so no Steam yet)
Last update notes (1.10): -----------------
- Chardensity is not used anymore, setup the mod first id_argonreborn/MD/argonreborn_config.xml
Added two densities one for NPC stations and one for Player Habitat. Default 0.50.
For those that want many NPCs use 1.0 up to 1.50 (high end PCs), 1.0 or 1.10 should be enough for most.
- Added many new types of NPCs, some with multiple props suggested by Gramston.
- Added an optional file, that makes the player shipyards, spawn argon crew when building a new ship, will spawn the same for other factions, so disabled it, if you dont play with Argon, as it will spawn only argon crews for ship, but the Captain should be from the race of the shipyard in theory.
This is my take on walking in station system, NPC models, Races and Argon Habitat. What this mod do?
1) All NPC models are changed! No more ugly trolls, they are even custom ones that have never been used in any mod, since i wrote the characters from zero with the old assets available from X4.
2) All stations are populated with their own race (beside visiting pilots) and spawn more crew. So on a Argon station you will find only Argon people, same with Teladi and Paranids, not tested on Split since i don't have the DLC (do tell if it works well), it should work.
3) Player owned Argon HABITAT now spawns Argons (based on chardensity in config.xml and Population of the habitat). If you dont want Argon Race habitat, change the race in the id_argonreborn/MD/argonreborn_config.xml (open with a notepad, text editor and read the instructions)
Code: Select all
<set_value name="$phabitatrace" exact="race.argon" />
Code: Select all
<set_value name="$phabitatfaction" exact="faction.argon" />
* Note: this.$SelectedRace, faction=this.$Owner, and others are ignored by game when it comesto the player for some reason. Maybe because the player is a faction itself, god knows.
4) On Docks you will find now more types of people: Pilots,Managers, Service and Marines. Starting from rookies to 3 Stars Crew, but they cost between 5k to 1mil.
5) When buying a new ship you can also recruit managers and captains, instead of only service crew and marines.
6) If you want more NPC to spawn on your station or NPCstation, modify the values in id_argonreborn/MD/argonreborn_config.xml :
Code: Select all
<set_value name="$NPCdensityStations" exact="0.50" /> <set_value name="$NPCdensityPHabitat" exact="0.50" />
0.50 default - lower for more FPS.
1.00 - 1.10 for many npcs.
Play with the values to have your desired FPS, but keep in mind that on some docks (the open 3M3S docks, the FPS can be low on 1.0 - due to them being open and rendering lots of stuff)
7) The player shipyards, spawn argon crew when building a new ship, will spawn the same for other factions, so disabled it, if you
dont play with Argon, as it will spawn only argon crews for ship, but the Captain should be from the race of the shipyard in theory so it might work. It needs the optional file in the download section.
I left in something i use. Player Bomb Launcher bombs now does 15000 dmg, so around 35-40 should destroy an Administration Center, but not sure how it works these days, if you have to bomb the whole station or only one module.
User Vortex or Simply extract the "id_argonreborn" folder from the ZIP into your "extensions" folder your X4\extensions game folder.
Special thanks to FlynTie for some insights i forgot since i played the first version of the game. Gramston for discovering interesting assets in the game, TenebrisMessorem for starting this way back, and making me understand how the NPC templates work. Also, that special Dev that keeps messing up the NPC since the release of the game. [/color]