Separate and Replace Destroyer Main Gun Sound?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Wombat
x4

Separate and Replace Destroyer Main Gun Sound?

Post by Wombat » Tue, 29. Sep 20, 03:49

The main batteries of DDs share their sound effects with pulse lasers and thermal disintegrators, which is the chief reason why they feel so anemic and unsatisfying. That also means you can't simply swap them with something that has the oomph of a proper cannon, at least not without making the most basic pea shooters sound ridiculous in the process.
Is there any way to replace the big guns, and the big guns only, without touching the other lasers, or do we have to wait for Egosoft to finally separate those sound effects and give destroyers the audial love they deserve? I tried my own hand, but I'm rather clueless, and Neloth's Sound Overhaul seems to have run into the very same issue, though he found a reasonably acceptable compromise that fits all of them just well enough. But I'd much rather they be unique.

Neloth23
x4

Re: Separate and Replace Destroyer Main Gun Sound?

Post by Neloth23 » Wed, 30. Sep 20, 02:07

Destroyer guns already have a unique sound effect in Sound Overhaul.

Check "destroyer_battery_mk1" in my sound_library. You can replace the sound with something else if you don't like it.

Shuulo
x4

Re: Separate and Replace Destroyer Main Gun Sound?

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 30. Sep 20, 02:44

Every gun has its bullet macro file in \assets\fx\weaponFx\macros
Every bullet macro has assigned effect from effects.xml library in \libraries
Every effect in effects.xml has assigned sound from sound_library.xml in \libraries

you can add/change those to add sounds you need

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”