[MOD]Employee Variety v1.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ravayen
x4

Re: [MOD]Employee Variety v1.1

Post by ravayen » Thu, 6. May 21, 23:50

So if i comment out everything except the teladi and paranid entries it will be exactly the same as vanilla? and then simply uncomment the ones i want to experiment with as i'm tweaking it? basically i want all vanilla values so i can tweak them one at a time and see if i like the result before moving onto the next one.
What is the effect of the file as it is now btw? did you remove all humans or something?
'Coming like a train baby'
'Choo choo'

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 7. May 21, 01:40

ravayen wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 23:50
So if i comment out everything except the teladi and paranid entries it will be exactly the same as vanilla? and then simply uncomment the ones i want to experiment with as i'm tweaking it? basically i want all vanilla values so i can tweak them one at a time and see if i like the result before moving onto the next one.
What is the effect of the file as it is now btw? did you remove all humans or something?
Yes to your first and second questions.

Right now, I haven't really tested what having a chance of 0 would do, but I assume it would remove them from consideration but again this might not be the case. You can comment out specific ones though and that will ensure they aren't used, like this for example:

<replace sel="//characters/character[@name='argon.service']">
<character name="argon.service">
<!--<select macro="character_argon_male_dyn_overall_crew_01_macro" weight="0" />-->
<select macro="character_argon_female_dyn_overall_crew_01_macro" weight="100"/>
</character>
</replace>

Above I commented out the male there so in this case there would only be females. This definitely works for sure since I have tested it.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 7. May 21, 11:19

Thanks for the explanation. Quite helpful!

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Fri, 7. May 21, 17:29

Thnx for clearing that up, guess i'm off to play with my dolls......that sounded better in my head lol.
'Coming like a train baby'
'Choo choo'

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 7. May 21, 18:11

ravayen wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 17:29
Thnx for clearing that up, guess i'm off to play with my dolls......that sounded better in my head lol.
lol

Midnitewolf

Re: [MOD] Human Employee Variety

Post by Midnitewolf » Sat, 8. May 21, 22:07

Warnoise wrote:
Thu, 6. Aug 20, 12:03
Yeah i mean my own stations/ships. It is mainly for RP purpose though :p
Yeah I get this. I got one playthrough where I am roleplaying an Xenophobic Terran bent on wiping out all aliens. Oddly enough, my capital combat ship captains are all Terran Females in this run though so I guess it is kind of an Amazon Legion inspired playthough. I am also playing the Star Wars Interworlds mod as an Imperial and even though it is not PC in the world today, if I want to be true to the original Star Wars lore, well if your a Star Wars fan you know what that means. I also have a Split playthough and would love it if my crews were all Split. In any case, I am pretty diverse but in most cases, the roleplay is kind of ruined when for example, half your crew is Lizard or three eyed monster and your supposed to be Xenophobic to the point you want to murder them all.

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Thu, 20. May 21, 23:42

Not sure if I messed up something when configuring it, but some of my ships built at my own wharf don't have a pilot.

I commented out all the sections for non-human NPCs, so the ones that do have pilots are all human.

Running with the star wars mod, not sure if that makes a difference tho

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 22. May 21, 15:14

unit757 wrote:
Thu, 20. May 21, 23:42
Not sure if I messed up something when configuring it, but some of my ships built at my own wharf don't have a pilot.

I commented out all the sections for non-human NPCs, so the ones that do have pilots are all human.

If ships are being built without pilots then something is definitely wrong but I do not use the star wars mod so I don't know if there is any conflict there. It is hard for me to know what is wrong in your situation without more information.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Mon, 24. May 21, 14:21

very good, gona try this

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Mon, 24. May 21, 19:34

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 15:14
unit757 wrote:

If ships are being built without pilots then something is definitely wrong but I do not use the star wars mod so I don't know if there is any conflict there. It is hard for me to know what is wrong in your situation without more information.
So what I am doing is commenting out all entries for non-human NPCs, and just leaving the argon, terran, and pioneer ones. By doing this, it seems like it still tries to use in an alien NPC, but ends up not using any NPC, so the ship has no pilot, or less service crew than what was ordered.

Right now I have it working, what I did was replace the NPCs under the teladi, paranid, and split entries with models for the human ones. But both this, and my first attempt that left non-human NPCs not working, is also affecting all factions, as well as who spawns on stations, not just what I get from my shipyard (I think that was the original intention?)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 24. May 21, 20:09

unit757 wrote:
Mon, 24. May 21, 19:34
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 22. May 21, 15:14
unit757 wrote:

So what I am doing is commenting out all entries for non-human NPCs, and just leaving the argon, terran, and pioneer ones. By doing this, it seems like it still tries to use in an alien NPC, but ends up not using any NPC, so the ship has no pilot, or less service crew than what was ordered.

Right now I have it working, what I did was replace the NPCs under the teladi, paranid, and split entries with models for the human ones. But both this, and my first attempt that left non-human NPCs not working, is also affecting all factions, as well as who spawns on stations, not just what I get from my shipyard (I think that was the original intention?)
Errr, I have no clue what you are doing lol. It isn't necessary to do anything complicated to get this to work. Also, yeah, this is supposed to work at all shipyards/wharfs.

If you comment things out correctly, they just won't be affected by this at all. Maybe you made a mistake when you did it? It is hard for me to say without seeing what you did. If you mean you are ordering pilots at your own shipyard and getting aliens, that is normal. This doesn't change that. You need to use my other mod for that.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Wed, 26. May 21, 10:37

Hey blackrain, what other mod are you talking about.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 27. May 21, 00:45

Jaskan wrote:
Wed, 26. May 21, 10:37
Choose the race of your crew mod

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=435239

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Mon, 31. May 21, 11:48

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 27. May 21, 00:45
Jaskan wrote:
Wed, 26. May 21, 10:37
Choose the race of your crew mod

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=435239
Thanks yet again sir, and for all your mods
cheers

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD]Employee Variety v1.2

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 11. May 23, 22:20

Version 1.2

Can be used to edit employees for Argon, Paranid, Split, Teladi and Terran. No Boron yet.

You need to open up the charactergroups.xml and follow instructions (in the libraries folder)
If you want to edit the Terrans, you have to open the extensions folder and keep opening folders until you get to the charactergroups.xml there.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 12. May 23, 15:01

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 11. May 23, 22:20
Version 1.2

Can be used to edit employees for Argon, Paranid, Split, Teladi and Terran. No Boron yet.

You need to open up the charactergroups.xml and follow instructions (in the libraries folder)
If you want to edit the Terrans, you have to open the extensions folder and keep opening folders until you get to the charactergroups.xml there.
Question what If I use an NPC mod already to alter the various factions already? I assume this would come into conflict. I have a mod that fixes the Teladi to all females. Terran/Argon are also fixed so it's more lore friendly. Can I still perhaps use this to make all my player-owned ships and stations have all yaki?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 12. May 23, 17:29

Baconnaise wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 15:01
BlackRain wrote:
Version 1.2

Question what If I use an NPC mod already to alter the various factions already? I assume this would come into conflict. I have a mod that fixes the Teladi to all females. Terran/Argon are also fixed so it's more lore friendly. Can I still perhaps use this to make all my player-owned ships and stations have all yaki?
What this does is, when you recruit a npc when building a ship, the npc's you recruited will be what you specify. However, this does not affect the type of npcs you recruit at faction shipyards, etc. So if you go to an argon shipyard, you can't recruit teladi npcs, etc.

It just makes it so you can change the percentage chance of recruiting the different npcs. Like you can set it to be like 10% for argon white male, 10% for argon asian male, 10% for argon black male, etc. You could remove men or remove women entirely as well.

You would need to edit a different file to be able to recruit yaki pilots at argon shipyards, etc.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 12. May 23, 17:53

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 17:29
Baconnaise wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
Version 1.2

What this does is, when you recruit a npc when building a ship, the npc's you recruited will be what you specify. However, this does not affect the type of npcs you recruit at faction shipyards, etc. So if you go to an argon shipyard, you can't recruit teladi npcs, etc.

It just makes it so you can change the percentage chance of recruiting the different npcs. Like you can set it to be like 10% for argon white male, 10% for argon asian male, 10% for argon black male, etc. You could remove men or remove women entirely as well.

You would need to edit a different file to be able to recruit yaki pilots at argon shipyards, etc.
In essence, it only alters player-owned ships built at player-owned shipyards. Sounds like it should work fine side by side with the other mod. This brings up another question. I assume this overrides the habs regardless of what hab I have correct? I don't remember if EGO ever fixed the hot mess of habitats spawning any faction on player-owned stations. I assume that's why this works since players have no choice in the matter generally speaking but the AI does AFAIK.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 12. May 23, 19:41

Baconnaise wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 17:53
BlackRain wrote:
Baconnaise wrote:

In essence, it only alters player-owned ships built at player-owned shipyards. Sounds like it should work fine side by side with the other mod. This brings up another question. I assume this overrides the habs regardless of what hab I have correct? I don't remember if EGO ever fixed the hot mess of habitats spawning any faction on player-owned stations. I assume that's why this works since players have no choice in the matter generally speaking but the AI does AFAIK.
This does not alter habitats, it doesn't alter anything except for the chance to get whatever employee (race/gender). So it is highly compatible.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sat, 13. May 23, 01:55

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 19:41
Baconnaise wrote:
Fri, 12. May 23, 17:53
BlackRain wrote:

This does not alter habitats, it doesn't alter anything except for the chance to get whatever employee (race/gender). So it is highly compatible.
Gotcha.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”