[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Mycu
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 25 Jul: Updates: Alts to death, Auto-cam, Crimes, Mod-parts trader, etc.

Post by Mycu » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 11:37

Few words of explanation to previous post - the idea of subscriptions came from the issue of practically unlimited access to lucrative missions after joining a guild.
Last time I played - on version 1.20 -I could almost constantly do missions of a given type for a specific faction, because among 10 permanently available there are always 1-2 for a particular faction.
In my case, after subscribing to Saboteurs Treaty I could do rescue missions for ARG and thanks to all bonuses I could earn 1.5 - 2 mln Cr for each one.

Subscriptions could minimize this problem, because if I wanted to have more missions available I would have to pay a correspondingly higher cost. At the same time, it wouldn't be worth it to maintain subscriptions without performing missions for a given guild.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 25 Jul: Updates: Alts to death, Auto-cam, Crimes, Mod-parts trader, etc.

Post by kuertee » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 11:54

yup, you're right.

i've now coded it so that joining the guild will only allow you 3 missions.
then you'll need to get/renew premium access every 3 hours.
(i've always played the game like 1 hour = 1 earth day. activities performed over that 1 hr feels like it's enough to fill up a day.)
silver access: 6 missions.
gold access: 10 missions.

renewal after 3 hours required due to the Guild Network's security protocols.
this means that the player needs to regularly visit the guild.

i'll play with it for a bit before releasing it.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 17:54

kuertee wrote:
Wed, 28. Jul 21, 11:54
i've now coded it(...)
I have to check if today isn't my birthday...
Beta 5 just introduced an option to remember the map position and now this. Sounds great.

Thanks a lot!
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

cbtendo
x4

Post by cbtendo » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 08:04

Hi kuertee,
I want to ask, does the profession count only count the direct action made by player? as compared to the action of player faction (other player owned ship/captain)?
because it seems I cant increase my mining/trading profession even though I already have ~10 trader & ~ 10 miner doing autotrade/automine. my profession is stuck with spy at ~65% because I frequently dropped resource survey probe, survey probe. and hostile detection satellite (from sector satellite mod)

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 11:34

cbtendo wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 08:04
Hi kuertee,
I want to ask, does the profession count only count the direct action made by player? as compared to the action of player faction (other player owned ship/captain)?
because it seems I cant increase my mining/trading profession even though I already have ~10 trader & ~ 10 miner doing autotrade/automine. my profession is stuck with spy at ~65% because I frequently dropped resource survey probe, survey probe. and hostile detection satellite (from sector satellite mod)
yeah, only player actions count to your profession scores.
the only exceptions are mission completions.
completing missions with your AI pilots (mining, trading, deployments (e.g. the AI pilots deploying satellites, mines, etc. in my Waypoint Fields for Deployment mod) will count to your profession scores.
i'll recheck the read-me and add it if it doesn't have it.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Anthoam
x4

Post by Anthoam » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 15:45

Hello kuertee,

I had a question about your "NPC reactions" mod. Before the beta I had access to the bar in every station but It doesn't seems to appear anymore on the teleporter menu. Does this mod enables access to the bar or was I using another mod doing that ?

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 3. Aug 21, 16:26

Anthoam wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 15:45
Hello kuertee,

I had a question about your "NPC reactions" mod. Before the beta I had access to the bar in every station but It doesn't seems to appear anymore on the teleporter menu. Does this mod enables access to the bar or was I using another mod doing that ?
hey anthoam,
bars are only available once you activate the black marketeer by completing his signal leak mission - as per the default base game.
npc reactions mod does not remove bars.

Anthoam
x4

Post by Anthoam » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 03:30

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 16:26
Anthoam wrote:
Tue, 3. Aug 21, 15:45
Hello kuertee,

hey anthoam,
bars are only available once you activate the black marketeer by completing his signal leak mission - as per the default base game.
npc reactions mod does not remove bars.
Oh okay so I had a mod that enabled bars in every stations that I might have removed. Thanks for your answer.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 11 Aug: Updates: Auto-camera, NPC Reactions, Reputations and Professions, etc.

Post by kuertee » Wed, 11. Aug 21, 12:47

My usual mid-month update is detailed below.
Updates with a change to a gameplay feature are listed first. Updates that don't impact gameplay are in the Minor Updates list.

Updates: 11 Aug 2021:
Auto-camera and auto-pilot (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/734)
Spoiler
Show
v1.0.3, 11 Aug 2021:
-New feature: Disengage auto-pilot early is now on by default. Disable it in the Extensions Options.
-Bug-fix: Player passenger cutscenes are delayed after closing a full-screen menu. Previously, they were delayed only after opening a full-screen menu. On closing, the cutscene would immediately play. In this version, the cutscene is delayed after a full-screen menu is closed.
-Bug-fix: Auto-pilot cutscene failed with a black screen because the "look at" target was invalid (e.g. your auto-pilot destination is set at the sector object). In this version, the follow-cam cutscene is used when the "look at" target is invalid.
-Bug-fix: Fly-by cam on L and XL ships was too close to the ship's line of flight.
-Bug-fix: The "look at" direction of the fly-by cutscene is set to the cockpit rather than at the 0,0,0 origin of the ship mesh.
-Bug-fix: Disengage auto-pilot early: Sometimes, the throttle wasn't disengaging when the auto-pilot disengages early.
-Bug-fix: Disengage auto-pilot early: Delay disengage of auto-pilot early when the next auto-pilot destination is unknown - in case it becomes known.
NPC reactions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497)
Spoiler
Show
v2.2.3, 11 Aug 2021:
-Tweak: Request back-up missions now reward you a minimal value if the ship escapes without you destroying any of their enemies.
-Tweak: Bridge crew: time-outs for hit detection for reporting on hull and shield levels.
Reputations and professions (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636)
Spoiler
Show
v1.2.3, 11 Aug 2021:
-New feature: The Guild Network missions are limited to 3 missions - regardless of whether you are a member of the guild or not.
-New feature: Purchase Guild Network security key codes for more missions: level 2 key for 6 missions, level 3 key for 10 missions.
-Tweak: colour coded faction and disposition sentiments in the UI: green for trusting, yellow for cynical or suspicious, red for hateful.
UI: Accept mission for later (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/590)
Spoiler
Show
v2.0.2, 11 Aug 2021:
-Bug-fix: The Guidance Marker is not removed on arrival to it. The previous version only prevented the auto-pilot from getting interrupted when it was removed or changed. In this version, it is also not removed unless the user aborts the Guidance Mission, the destination becomes invalid (e.g. the station is destroyed), or the Guidance Marker is moved by the user or by a mission.
UI: Reset mouse (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/542)
Spoiler
Show
v2.0.6, 11 Aug 2021:
-Bug-fix: Mouse Steering was sometimes not getting disabled when it should.
Minor updates: 11 Aug 2021:
Alternatives to death (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/551)
Spoiler
Show
v2.1.1, 11 Aug 2021:
-Bug-fix: Successful inheritance message fix.
Crime has consequences (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/566)
Spoiler
Show
v2.1.1, 11 Aug 2021:
-Bug-fix: Clean crimes by ships list of ships that has become invalid.
Surface element targeting (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/710)
Spoiler
Show
v1.1.0, 11 Aug 2021:
-Bug-fix: Made Mod Support APIs a requirement. Previously, this mod can be installed without Mod Support APIs. Without Mod Support APIs, the "Find All X" feature wouldn't work.

tomchk
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 11 Aug: Updates: Auto-camera, NPC Reactions, Reputations and Professions, + 5

Post by tomchk » Wed, 11. Aug 21, 21:02

Hi kuertee: I need to review the MD myself, but I was curious (and hope I haven't already asked!): is your NPC Reactions "help needed" mission similar to or based on the X-Rebirth emergent generic mission in Toride? I was just thinking about porting that somehow but perhaps your mod already does it all. Thanks!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

tomchk
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 11 Aug: Updates: Auto-camera, NPC Reactions, Reputations and Professions, + 5

Post by tomchk » Wed, 11. Aug 21, 23:13

BTW, how hard (but also how awesome) might it be if you had an "alternative to death" that made your player faction into a NPC faction? NPC takes over all your assets when you die and you start over and can try to take it all back. I imagine this is most similar to your assimilation option but is still quite tough to do. Just a fun idea!

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 04:15

tomchk wrote:
Wed, 11. Aug 21, 21:02
Hi kuertee: I need to review the MD myself, but I was curious (and hope I haven't already asked!): is your NPC Reactions "help needed" mission similar to or based on the X-Rebirth emergent generic mission in Toride? I was just thinking about porting that somehow but perhaps your mod already does it all. Thanks!
i don't know, sorry. i skipped XR. but i can tell you what the "Request back-up" feature of "NPC Reaction" does.
basically, i diffed the MD in which an NPC calls for back-up to signal my mod.
instead of the npc sending a broadcast that the player can't interact with, my mod will convert it to a video comm that the player can interact with.
my mod then simply creates a custom mission that keeps (1) track of the player's kills of nearby enemies, (2) sets the players targets to nearby enemies of the ship request back-up when the player has no set target, (3) completes the mission and rewards the player when the ship requestion for back up escapes (i.e. enters a new sector or has no enemies nearby).
tomchk wrote:
Wed, 11. Aug 21, 23:13
BTW, how hard (but also how awesome) might it be if you had an "alternative to death" that made your player faction into a NPC faction? NPC takes over all your assets when you die and you start over and can try to take it all back. I imagine this is most similar to your assimilation option but is still quite tough to do. Just a fun idea!
not difficult at all, actually. i already have an optional feature that makes the faction that kills the player to confiscate the player's properties. and a separate feature (inheritance for clones and descendant death alternatives) that also confiscates the players properties and monies by a custom faction (the Trust Inheritance faction) but returns it to the player when they acquire 1M credits (as the condition of the inheritance). the Trust Inheritance faction is friendly with all factions including xenon and khaak - so that the player's properties are kept safe.

i died in my recent game. lost everything (including my Reputations and Professions (RAP) stats). but was respawned as a descendant. was easy (about an hour of missions) to get to 1M credits to get my properties back. but because of RAP, my Reputations with all factions restarted at "Indifferent". Even if I got my Relationship to 10, I couldn't get any military ships until I got my Reputation to "Trusting" (about another half hour of combat missions before I was allowed military ships by the Teladi).

are you suggesting that this NPC faction be a custom faction that would operate like a normal faction - including war declarations, etc?

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 04:46

kuertee wrote:
Thu, 12. Aug 21, 04:15
instead of the npc sending a broadcast that the player can't interact with, my mod will convert it to a video comm that the player can interact with.
my mod then simply creates a custom mission that keeps (1) track of the player's kills of nearby enemies, (2) sets the players targets to nearby enemies of the ship request back-up when the player has no set target, (3) completes the mission and rewards the player when the ship requestion for back up escapes (i.e. enters a new sector or has no enemies nearby).
Nice! That's actually very similar. I really hope we see such missions again in vanilla. They felt way more immersive than most missions. I wish basically all missions were generated based on actual events.
kuertee wrote:
are you suggesting that this NPC faction be a custom faction that would operate like a normal faction - including war declarations, etc?
I don't know how much demand there is for that given how much your mod already does, but yeah, that's what I was thinking. Still, if I had to pick, I'd suggest a war mission mod instead that lets us basically feel like pilots on an allied carrier. I think that could radically expand the draw of X4 if it became a well-known feature. All those fans of limited campaign games like Wing Commander, X-Wing/TIE, Freespace, etc. could finally experience a truly dynamic campaign in a living universe! Dialog and cutscenes aren't needed--the knowledge that you're part of a "real" campaign would be plenty!

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Thu, 12. Aug 21, 10:52

tomchk wrote:
Thu, 12. Aug 21, 04:46
...Nice! That's actually very similar. I really hope we see such missions again in vanilla. They felt way more immersive than most missions. I wish basically all missions were generated based on actual events...
kuertee wrote:
...I'd suggest a war mission mod instead that lets us basically feel like pilots on an allied carrier. I think that could radically expand the draw of X4 if it became a well-known feature. All those fans of limited campaign games like Wing Commander, X-Wing/TIE, Freespace, etc. could finally experience a truly dynamic campaign in a living universe! ...
agreed. well, i'm still working on my galactic council mod which i'm hoping would present new player interactions with the factions but at a much higher level than what feels like in the current game. "At a much higher level" in regards to experiences in the game. i.e. currently the player's experience is quite insular - even when doing subscribed war missions for the factions. A "higher level" experience would be an experience as if the player is actually part of inter-faction systems.

but work on it is slow. especially now that i've also taken up the project of building up my Accessibility Features mod for visually impaired players: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=440905

and because you've shared your current project, i'll share the one thing that is in current "wish list" of things i want to do:
another project i have in my head is adapting Vladimir Propps' story functions as gameplay elements in X4 to create more dynamic and more focused stories for players' experiences. but that is in my "nice to have/nice to do" list rather than in my "gotta do" list. i'm apprehensive that if i start on it, i'd obsess over it. who is Propps and what are his story functions? they are googleable.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 09 Sep: New mod: UI: Trade Analytics, Updates: Auto-cam, Reactions, Crimes, UI

Post by kuertee » Thu, 9. Sep 21, 12:05

New mod
UI: Trade analytics https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/764
Adds sortable analytics in the Transaction Log screen. Analytics on sales, purchases, and mining activities are listed and can be viewed by total trades, by wares, or by trading ship. The analytics listed are trading partners, gate distance/sector, trade counts, total amounts, total price, amount per count, amount per price.

Note that the new version of UI Extensions is required.

Updates v1.0.4, 9 Sep 2021:
Auto-camera and auto-pilot https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/734
-Tweak: Disengage auto-pilot earlier still when destination is in a mine field. E.g. Rescue ship missions.
-Tweak: Disengage auto-pilot sometimes failes if the destination is a short distance when auto-pilot is engaged.

Crime has consequences https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/566
-Bug-fix: Clean crimes by ships list of ships that have become invalid - especially after death process of Alternatives To Death mod.

NPC reactions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497
-Bug fix: Re-acquire bridge crew if the game re-instantiates the NPCs on the ship.

UI Extensions and HUD https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552
For v4.0 of the game:
-New feature: call back in Transaction Log screen to support UI: Trade Analytics (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/764).

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 09 Sep: New mod: UI: Trade Analytics, Updates: Auto-cam, Reactions, Crimes, UI

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 13:36

There is something wrong with the Trade Analytics in my game. They worked at first and ran fine for several hours but now it just says 'Trade Analytic loading' (can not remember the exact text), which it never does, even after 4 minutes, and all the buttons on that screen are unusable, even those that were not added by Trade Analytics. Thankfully esc still works. I do not really know how to provide a better bug report than this, sorry.
Iucundi acti labores

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 14:17

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Sun, 12. Sep 21, 13:36
There is something wrong with the Trade Analytics in my game. They worked at first and ran fine for several hours but now it just says 'Trade Analytic loading' (can not remember the exact text), which it never does, even after 4 minutes, and all the buttons on that screen are unusable, even those that were not added by Trade Analytics. Thankfully esc still works. I do not really know how to provide a better bug report than this, sorry.
i know of the bug. i found it last night.
the transaction log screen becomes unresponsive when a ship or station in the data becomes invalid.
this occurs with npc trading ships when they get destroyed or when the game decides to remove them because they become unnecessary.
the funny thing is that sometimes Lua (the framework the UI is built in) allows this to work.
you would have seen these entries labelled "no longer exists).
but eventually, Lua would just reject them causing the screen to be fail.

luckily, i've fixed it.
i'll release it now.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 14:33

UI: Trade analytics
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/764
by kuertee

Updates:
========
v1.0.2, 12 Sep 2021:
-Bug-fix: The Transaction Log screen becomes unresponsive when it encounters an invalid ship or station in the mod's data. This happens when the ship or station is destroyed or when the game removes them when it determines that they are no longer needed. This bug will not occur until after several hours with the mod. I think this is because these invalid entries exists temporarily until they are properly cleaned up after some time. You would have seen these entries in the Trade Analytics screeen as "no longer exists". In this new version, to prevent this bug from happening, these invalid entries are removed. You will no longer see items with the "no longer exists" label.
-Tweak: Bug-fix: When using the By Trading Ship mod, the station was getting listed.
=Tweak: Re-worked the assignmwent of data between the trader ship, the buyer and the seller.
-Tweak: Clicking on a station from a miner's Sales list will automatically set use the Mining category (instead of the Purchases category) when the station's analytics is rendered.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 22:00

Trade Analytics is quite an unexpected but welcomed mod :)
I've run the game for a short time (eagerly awaiting 4.1) and have yet to learn to make full use of the information I get from this mod but can already see that it will help me optimize my supply chains.

Found two issues:
  1. if the UI is scaled (1.1 in my case) then the sort icon is positioned incorrectly:
    https://i.imgur.com/6RsN02b.png
  2. some weird bug.
    Clicking on any of buttons ("show less"/"show more", any of the column buttons) affects the data incrementally:
    https://i.imgur.com/6RsN02b.png
    https://i.imgur.com/Uic68a2.png
    https://i.imgur.com/PIFNNm1.png
    https://i.imgur.com/kHq7VRw.png
Reopening the transaction log resets values to correct state.

Anyway - great job, new data in addition to it's analytical usefulness fits perfectly into transaction log view and looks like it is from vanilla.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 08:22

in my current game, i focused on my economy and supporting the first faction i encountered - for a more role-play-style game.
i mean rather than trying to see and do everything, that is.
and so, my stations are single-purpose and are placed strategically.

and I needed to know their reach - which prompted the UI Analytics mod.
i couldn't tell which of my factories were supplied from which of my other factories.
and i couldn't tell which of the surrounding sectors and factions were supplied by my factories.
this was very hard to tell with just the history and graph.

AND ... i was surprised to find that egosoft's transaction log is missing this key data.
it doesn't have records of deliveries made between your factories.
it only contains records of transactions made with other factions.
weird, right? i made a post about it in the general forums.

anyway, here's an update which fixes the bugs that you reported:

UI: Trade analytics
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/764
by kuertee

Updates:
v1.0.3, 13 Sep 2021:
-Bug-fix: The internal data wasn't getting reset properly when you interact with the graph or the history causing the data in the analytics to incrementally increase.
-Bug-fix: Correct the positions of the sorting arrows when the UI is scaled up or down.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”