[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 27 Dec: Social Standings And Citizenships: bug-fix update

Post by Scoob » Fri, 31. Dec 21, 15:27

Mycu wrote:
Wed, 29. Dec 21, 22:22
You need to disable "show allied orders" map option: https://i.imgur.com/b0OuBLF.png
Oddly enough, despite always having this option disabled, once I hit 25 rep with the FRF Faction in my last game I could still see what that faction's ships were doing. I did not see their move orders - so no lines all over the map that was an issue back in early versions of the game - rather I could see the individual ship's order. So, I'd get the icon for exploring, the icon for trading etc. over the individual ship's icon. This is all despite having the "show allied orders" option disabled.

Just thought I'd share my personal experience with this vanilla feature as I was browsing this thread :)

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 27 Dec: Social Standings And Citizenships: bug-fix update

Post by kuertee » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 15:13

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 31. Dec 21, 15:27
Just thought I'd share my personal experience with this vanilla feature as I was browsing this thread :)
thanks, scoob!
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 2 Jan: 7x updates: bug-fix to no npcs from mods after teleport to station

Post by kuertee » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 15:16

Updates, 2 Jan 2022
Alternatives to death https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/551
Crime has consequences https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/566
High-security rooms are locked https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/540
Modification parts trader https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/721
NPC reactions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497
Reputations and professions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636
v4.2.07, 2 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: Teleporting in and out of stations wasn't detected, so the mod's custom rooms and NPCs were not created when teleporting into a station.

Auto-camera and auto-pilot https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/734
v4.2.07, 2 Jan 2022:
-Tweak: Docking/undocking cutscenes: if the cutscene is from an npc point-of-view, it'll be from an air marshall, if there is one. If there is no air marshall, it'll be a random NPC at the dock (pas per the previous version).
-Tweak: Docking/undocking cutscenes: smaller range for finding mass-traffic ships for the mass-traffic point-of-view docking/undocking cutscene.
-Bug-fix: If the view needs to be in 3rd-person and it's already in 3rd-person, it won't trigger the code to switch to 3rd-person. This bug caused the camera switch to the wrong view IF it was already in the corect view.
-Tweak: The Autopilot Then Pause button is removed when autopilot is not possible (e.g. when docked).

apart from major bugs that need fixing, that'll be it from me until x4v5.
so ... happy new year, everyone!
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Mycu
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 2 Jan: 7x updates: bug-fix to no npcs from mods after teleport to station

Post by Mycu » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 20:00

kuertee wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 15:16
so ... happy new year, everyone!
Happy new year kuertee 🎉
Thanks for your commitment thus far.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 03:45

I'm noticing game freezes after one of the recent updates. I'm working on tracking it down, but I can confirm that with all of your mods OFF, no freeze. I'll update once I've gotten closer to the actual culprit.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 03:47

Mycu wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 20:00
Happy new year kuertee 🎉Thanks for your commitment thus far.
thanks, mycu! for your mods and your help with my mods.
kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 03:45
I'm noticing game freezes after one of the recent updates. I'm working on tracking it down, but I can confirm that with all of your mods OFF, no freeze. I'll update once I've gotten closer to the actual culprit.
UI? or during flight/combat?

EDIT: Also, if you have any of the debugModes enabled in any of my mods' Extensions Options, turn them off. some can export out many debugging lines (e.g. calculating social standing after an event that triggers it).

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 04:07

During flight. I have a save right now where I can reliably cause the freeze by thrusting forward toward the station directly in front of me. (I had an earlier save that froze when landing in auto-cam, at first I thought it was an autosave.) For testing, I turned off all your mods and then am turning them back on in batches from top to bottom (UI mods first, then everything else alphabetically). I've narrowed it down to one of the following: Emergent missions, friendly fire tweaks, hacking outcomes, high security rooms are locked. With all the UI mods and all mods alphabetically through "high security...." turned on (all others of yours turned off), I get the freeze. If I roll back to UIs + auto-camera and crime has consequences, no freeze.

Next test is to turn off Hacking outcomes and High sec rooms are locked, and try again.

I normally have the debug modes off and I have not yet turned them on for any of this testing.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 04:08

I should add that the only reason I'm checking your mods is because yours are the ones that have been recently updated, and I never had this problem before today. It may turn out to be an interaction between one of your mods and someone else's, but I'll be able to test that once I've narrowed down the involved mod from your collection.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 04:27

Ok, I've tracked it down to "High security rooms are locked" when the following "Kuertee" mods are active:

Kuertee UI Extensions and HUD
Kuertee UI Accept mission for later
Kuertee UI Functional radar texture
Kuertee UI Reset mouse
Kuertee UI Trade analytics
kuertee: Alternatives to death
kuertee: Auto-camera and auto-pilot
kuertee: Crime has consequences
kuertee: Emergent missions
kuertee: Friendly fire tweaks
kuertee: Hacking outcomes
kuertee: High security rooms are locked <<<<<<<-- turning this OFF prevents the freeze, turning this ON makes it happen shortly after save loading

I have all of your other mods currently turned off, though I was using them all previously. I have other mods from other modders installed as well, and active.

Next I'm going to test with my normal setup minus High security rooms are locked. That means turning on all of your other mods as before.

Edit to update: Tested with all of the Kuertee mods I use turned on EXCEPT High security rooms. No freeze. What's strange (to me) is that HSRAL hasn't been updated in a couple of weeks, but I only got the freeze today, at two different points. It feels to me like the freeze is happening when the ship I'm piloting is approaching a station - that's the consistent one I'm getting now, and the first one I got happened as I was docking. Perhaps the mod is doing some kind of a check, as the player approaches?

Let me know if there's anything I can do to test further, and whether you need my full mod list.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 04:57

kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 04:27
Ok, I've tracked it down to "High security rooms are locked" when the following "Kuertee" mods are active:
Spoiler
Show
Kuertee UI Extensions and HUD
Kuertee UI Accept mission for later
Kuertee UI Functional radar texture
Kuertee UI Reset mouse
Kuertee UI Trade analytics
kuertee: Alternatives to death
kuertee: Auto-camera and auto-pilot
kuertee: Crime has consequences
kuertee: Emergent missions
kuertee: Friendly fire tweaks
kuertee: Hacking outcomes
kuertee: High security rooms are locked <<<<<<<-- turning this OFF prevents the freeze, turning this ON makes it happen shortly after save loading

I have all of your other mods currently turned off, though I was using them all previously. I have other mods from other modders installed as well, and active.

Next I'm going to test with my normal setup minus High security rooms are locked. That means turning on all of your other mods as before.
Edit to update: Tested with all of the Kuertee mods I use turned on EXCEPT High security rooms. No freeze. What's strange (to me) is that HSRAL hasn't been updated in a couple of weeks, but I only got the freeze today, at two different points. It feels to me like the freeze is happening when the ship I'm piloting is approaching a station - that's the consistent one I'm getting now, and the first one I got happened as I was docking. Perhaps the mod is doing some kind of a check, as the player approaches?

Let me know if there's anything I can do to test further, and whether you need my full mod list.
excellent! thank you so much for this test. it helps.
HSRAL was updated earlier today along with my other mods that add their rooms and npcs to stations.
HSRAL is different that it also moves mission-critical NPCs to away from locked high-sec rooms. AND ... it may have other process that occur when approaching a station.
it is very likely HSRAL that causes that momentary freeze. it's momentary, right? and not a hard game-freeze-then-crash?

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 05:02

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 04:57
HSRAL was updated earlier today along with my other mods that add their rooms and npcs to stations.
HSRAL is different that it also moves mission-critical NPCs to away from locked high-sec rooms. AND ... it may have other process that occur when approaching a station.
it is very likely HSRAL that causes that momentary freeze. it's momentary, right? and not a hard game-freeze-then-crash?
Oh, you're right, it was updated today, but the date stamp in the game (in the extensions list) still says December 10, so I didn't realize it was in the updated batch. I forgot that I had downloaded it, but I can confirm that I did. (So says Nexus!)

The freeze is a hard freeze, unrecoverable. The game freezes but doesn't crash, just stays frozen. I waited it out for 2 minutes at one point, but no change.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 05:31

kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 05:02
kuertee wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 04:57
Oh, you're right, it was updated today, but the date stamp in the game (in the extensions list) still says December 10, so I didn't realize it was in the updated batch. I forgot that I had downloaded it, but I can confirm that I did. (So says Nexus!)

The freeze is a hard freeze, unrecoverable. The game freezes but doesn't crash, just stays frozen. I waited it out for 2 minutes at one point, but no change.
oh, that's not what i expected. it may be trying to access invalid data.
try doing a clean-save of HSRAL: (1) deactivate it. (2) load a game that has the freeze AND with had it active. (3) save. because the mod is deactivated, it should clear all of the mod's data off the save. (4) re-activate it. (5) load the clean-save.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 06:01

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 05:31
try doing a clean-save of HSRAL: (1) deactivate it. (2) load a game that has the freeze AND with had it active. (3) save. because the mod is deactivated, it should clear all of the mod's data off the save. (4) re-activate it. (5) load the clean-save.
This results in something even stranger!

So I did as suggested: loaded the game without the mod, loaded the save I was testing with, saved the game immediately. Turned on HSRAL, quit, restarted the game.

When I loaded the copied, non-HSRAL save, it got stuck at 99%. The game didn't freeze - the loading graphic continued to spin - but it never got past 99%.

Now I'm going to test that copied save without HSRAL, to see if there's possibly a corruption in the save itself.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 06:07

Ok, here are my current sets of conditions:

SAVE 1 = original save that was freezing with HSRAL
SAVE 2 = copy of SAVE 1 that was saved with HSRAL turned off

SAVE 1 + HSRAL OFF -> no issues
SAVE 1 + HSRAL ON -> freeze on station approach
SAVE 2 + HSRAL OFF -> no issues
SAVE 2 + HSRAL ON -> fails to load past 99%

Edit to add: on save 1 + hsral on, the load time to get to 99% was 1 min 30 seconds (this is normal), and I let it run for an additional 1 min 30 seconds past that, just in case it needed a little more time for cleanup. However it did not proceed past 99%.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 08:55

yeah, that's weird.
i performed a clean-save of HSRAL in my game, and compared the files.
left is the file with HSRAL. the right window is the file after HSRAL is deactivated.
https://imgur.com/Q4QOb5E.jpg
as you can see, there are no HSRAL remnants in the save after HRSAL is deactivated.
and i have no problems loading that 2nd file.
it's likely because i'm not on any stations in-game.

can you send me your save game so that i can look at its contents?
you may need to upload it somewhere (wetransfer.com maybe) then send me the link at kuertee@gmail.com

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 09:02

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 08:55
can you send me your save game so that i can look at its contents?
you may need to upload it somewhere (wetransfer.com maybe) then send me the link at kuertee@gmail.com
I sent you links to both saves!

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 14:48

kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 09:02
I sent you links to both saves!
thanks! just testing the new version.
the bug exists in all the mods i uploaded last night.
basically, the bug is that the mods from last night's update were processing stuff when you arrive at the station instead of when you dock at the station.
and i'm hoping that would also clear stop the save from hanging after a clean-save.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 3 Jan: 7x updates: bug-fix to no npcs from mods after teleport to station

Post by kuertee » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 15:52

Updates, 3 Jan 2022
Alternatives to death https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/551
Crime has consequences https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/566
High-security rooms are locked https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/540
Modification parts trader https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/721
NPC reactions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497
Reputations and professions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636
v4.2.071, 3 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: The mod was creating its rooms and npcs when you arrive at the station instead of when you actually dock or teleport to it.

Auto-camera and auto-pilot https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/734
v4.2.071, 3 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: Forgot to load kuertee_menu_docked.lua which the "Autopilot Then Pause" button requires. (It worked during testing because I had another mod load that file. The button failed to show when that other mod was deactivated.) This version now loads that file.

kmunoz
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 3 Jan: 7x updates: bug-fix to no npcs from mods after teleport to station

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 16:20

I have confirmed with the "clean" save that everything is working now! The game loads properly, doesn't freeze on approach to the station, and doesn't freeze after landing (which did happen to me once on the original save). I really appreciate the quick update, and I'm glad I was able to help!

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 23:57

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon... I'm still having unrecoverable freezes, though they're slightly more intermittent now, and at different trigger points. Freezes are occurring now when clicking on my pilot's chair to sit down and on launching off a dock. Not every time, and not in the same places.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”