[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kmunoz
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). 28 Dec 2020 updates to Alts to Death, Crimes, Hacking (video sample in post),

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 29. Dec 20, 19:33

The claim plot issue has been fixed. The only problem I've noticed so far is that the signal leak hunter mod doesn't recognize the v4beta version of the mod as the correct mod for the dependency. I've reported it on Nexus as requested.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). 28 Dec 2020 updates to Alts to Death, Crimes, Hacking (video sample in post),

Post by kuertee » Tue, 29. Dec 20, 21:55

oh, nice! Thank you.

To remove the dependency rule, so that it works with that UIX 1.3.0 for v4.x, edit the mod's content.xml, and remove the line

Code: Select all

<dependency id="kuerteeUIExtensionsAndHUD" version="122" optional="false" name="kuertee UI Extensions and HUD"></dependency>
I'll add that note to my mods with that dependency rule.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Wed, 30. Dec 20, 09:04

Thanks for the 4.x Beta version support ;)

Suggestions for more "make the easy life of the player Harder" (or more immersive) Mods :
Disable weapon in Travel mode
Reduce Teleport distance
Pay for ship usage if the fly (fuel usage)
You have already an big price up for loan construction ships in one of your mods - this should be adjusted from the need of the ship from his fraction - if he have many const ships doing nothing then no price change - if it the last const ship he have then he need it self and you got a msg the ship will in X min depart..

And an interesting thinking i have read here >
The AI have nothing from the business with "you" ... he get money for ships or resources- but dont need money at all .. he need the ships/resources ..
A solution would be do get an part of the money, to "metarialize" needed "things" .. like ships/resources
Actual, if you buy from faction A many ships or other resources he get much money (that he dont need) but short on ship build capacity and resorces self ..
Would be nice if (as example) 50% of the money the player spend her get temp in an busget and from this can be resources or ships "spawned" - not an "best" solution, but better as the actual system ..

Regards

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Wed, 30. Dec 20, 15:19

Problem report for the 4.xBeta version ....
The problem with dissapearing vanilla UI elements looks gone ...
But the Fines info button is not more here (for the Crime has consequences mod ..)
aside this no problems found actual ;)

Regards

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 30. Dec 20, 17:31

R-TEAM wrote:
Wed, 30. Dec 20, 09:04
Thanks for the 4.x Beta version support ;)
no problems :)
Suggestions for more "make the easy life of the player Harder" (or more immersive) Mods :
Thank you!
Disable weapon in Travel mode
I actually like that I can shoot down ship I'm chasing while in Travel Mode. I prefer it over the interdiction mini-game in Elite - which feels a little contrived and tacked-on.
Reduce Teleport distance
I think that's already built into the base game.
Pay for ship usage if the fly (fuel usage)
This is interesting. It's a good companion, or even an optional feature of, Wear and Tear.
You have already an big price up for loan construction ships in one of your mods - this should be adjusted from the need of the ship from his fraction - if he have many const ships doing nothing then no price change - if it the last const ship he have then he need it self and you got a msg the ship will in X min depart..
Which mod is this? I don't think this is mine.
And an interesting thinking i have read here >
The AI have nothing from the business with "you" ... he get money for ships or resources- but dont need money at all .. he need the ships/resources ..
A solution would be do get an part of the money, to "metarialize" needed "things" .. like ships/resources
Actual, if you buy from faction A many ships or other resources he get much money (that he dont need) but short on ship build capacity and resorces self ..
Would be nice if (as example) 50% of the money the player spend her get temp in an busget and from this can be resources or ships "spawned" - not an "best" solution, but better as the actual system ..
I read somewhere that the Khaak and Xenon spawn ships, draiing their resources, when they need them - encounters, for e.g.
They are still limited with resources - like the other factions

BUT ... I do want to remake the old Sundog game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SunDog:_Frozen_Legacy in X4.
In that game, your task is to help a young planetary colony by providing them with resources.
And one of my plans is to create a new faction that you need to help out.
And this faction will not have the unlimited resources of the other factions.
And it will follow, as close as poissble, the constraints of the player faction.
But that's a dream at the moment.
R-TEAM wrote:
Wed, 30. Dec 20, 15:19
Problem report for the 4.xBeta version ....
But the Fines info button is not more here (for the Crime has consequences mod ..)...
:( I'll add this to the Bugs tab of Nexus.
And I'll address it whenever ... (definitely before the full release of v4.x).

Thanks for your comments, R-TEAM!
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 07:07

@kuertee

Thanks for the answers ;)

> Re "Disable weapon in Travel mode"
>> "I actually like that I can shoot down ship I'm chasing while in Travel Mode.."
It is nice ... yes .. but it makes imho an additional enormous advantage the player have over the "not so smart anyway" AI .... so "i" dont use it as i see it as to much "cheating" ...

> Re "Reduce Teleport distance"
sorry - was not full clear .... i would like to massive reduce the range comparing to the vanilla ranger for each tier - to max "the same sector" - and from start only ~1km (teleport to an own other ship without the needing to go in spacesuite) - i simply dislike the "god mode" that i can swap to any thing i like in the whole universe.. i like more to have to "real" fly to different locations if i need to go here - have thinked as additional suggestion an mod where disable the "magic" distribute crewemen over the universe thing too ;)

> Re "You have already an big price up for loan construction ships in one of your mods.."
>> "Which mod is this? I don't think this is mine."
you are right - it is the mod "Landlord" - an very nice mod ;)

Happy NewYear ;)

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 3. Jan 21, 04:35

R-TEAM wrote:
Fri, 1. Jan 21, 07:07
sorry - was not full clear .... i would like to massive reduce the range comparing to the vanilla ranger for each tier - to max "the same sector" - and from start only ~1km (teleport to an own other ship without the needing to go in spacesuite) - i simply dislike the "god mode" that i can swap to any thing i like in the whole universe.. i like more to have to "real" fly to different locations if i need to go here - have thinked as additional suggestion an mod where disable the "magic" distribute crewemen over the universe thing too ;)
This would make for an interesting mod taking advantage of Extensions Options - a mod that lets you customize the distances at each research level, using a slider.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 3. Jan 21, 07:07

R-TEAM wrote:
Fri, 1. Jan 21, 07:07
kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 3. Jan 21, 04:35
This would make for an interesting mod taking advantage of Extensions Options - a mod that lets you customize the distances at each research level, using a slider.
I suppose it can be done.
I already do teleportation limits in my "Teleport from Transporter Room" mod, in which (1) the "Teleport to ..." command is removed from the map, and (2) teleportation is limited only to your properties.
I.e. That mod already controls teleportation - bypassing all of X4's native teleportation feature.
Adding range constraints would be easy enough.
Hmmm ... I can also add a feature whereby you can lease a space at an npc station to install a teleporation device.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Thu, 11. Mar 21, 17:52

All mods have updates for v4.0.0 beta 11 of the base game.

Those with new features or significant changes are listed below. Some have only code maintenance updates. But get them anyway.

Here are all of my mods on one Nexus Mods page: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... user+files

Updated mods with new features or significant changes
Alternatives to death v2.0.0 11, Mar 2021: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/551
-New feature: updated for v4.0.0 beta 11 of the base game.
-New feature: Split DLC clone restarts. Thanks, General Vash!
-New feature: Strict clone restart option: clones will start with the same equipment and relations as the player, rather than randomised.
-New feature: expanded ownership options after death: Inheritance (default), Confiscated by the sector's ruling faction, Confiscated by your killer's faction, or Destroyed.
-New feature: inheritance notifications sent to the mail system.
-Bug fix: ransom payment option is not enabled when killed by the khaak or the xenon.

Crime has consequences v2.0.0 11, Mar 2021: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/566
-New feature: pay fines of ships that are not impounded from the UI.
-Tweak: do not impound player ship until dock when no ai pilot.
-Tweak: standardised ship names (idcode, type, model name) in the UI.
-Bug fix: impounded ships without crimes are now listed in the ui.

Loot mining v2.0.0 11, Mar 2021: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/511
-Tweaks: Cleaned-up unnecessary localisation files. Rewrote content.xml manifest file.
-Bug-fix: mission description.
-Bug-fix: next loot container bug.
-Tweak: reactivate previous mission when mod is done.
-Tweak: mining laser turrets do not start mining sessions.
-Tweak: stop mining session on dock.
-Bug-fix: destroy created objects left alone.

NPC reactions v2.0.0 11, Mar 2021: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497
-Tweaks: Cleaned-up unnecessary localisation files. Rewrote content.xml manifest file.
-New feature: Bar patrons: Between 1 and 4 hireable NPC of each type of profession (engineers, marines, pilots, and managers) of up to elite skills will be generated at bars.
-New feature: NPC SOS hails: NPCs that request backup will hail you via comms. A Mission Guidance can be created to them when you interact with their hail.
-New feature: Bank loans: Station managers offer 1,000,000 Cr loans.

UI: Accept mission for later v2.0.0 11, Mar 2021: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/590
-New feature: multiple faction missions are allowed.

Waypoint fields for deployments v2.0.0 11, Mar 2021: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/585
-New feature: The shape, size and density of each deployable type is saved then restored on next use.
-New feature: AI order: Collect Deployables In Range. You can now order any of your ships to collect any deployable within a given area.
-Tweak: Compatibility with my other mod, "Accept mission for later". Accepting a deployment mission will not override your current active mission.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Thu, 11. Mar 21, 20:14

kuertee wrote:
Thu, 11. Mar 21, 17:52
All mods have updates for v4.0.0 beta 11 of the base game.
Thank you, your mods add really to immersion!

tomchk
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). 11 Mar 2021: New mod: More generic missions. All mods updated for v4.0.0 beta

Post by tomchk » Thu, 11. Mar 21, 22:15

Agreed, your mods are a big deal and many should probably be in vanilla. If I have to give up on vanilla, yours will be top of my list!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Cyres
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). 11 Mar 2021: New mod: More generic missions. All mods updated for v4.0.0 beta

Post by Cyres » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 01:25

Nice update!

Sadly you packed the files wrong so Vortex (the nexus mod manager) is not able to install the mods properly. The desired structure is:

- MOD.zip
  - MOD
    - content.xml
But your structure is:

- MOD.zip
  - content.xml
This changed since your latest release. Previous versions just work fine.

Would be great if you could fix that. :)

BTW. Do you plan on releasing the mods to the steam workshop, too?

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 02:08

Cyres wrote:
Fri, 12. Mar 21, 01:25
Nice update!

Sadly you packed the files wrong so Vortex (the nexus mod manager) is not able to install the mods properly. The desired structure is:

- MOD.zip
  - MOD
    - content.xml
But your structure is:

- MOD.zip
  - content.xml
This changed since your latest release. Previous versions just work fine.

Would be great if you could fix that. :)

Ahhh, dang it! I knew I would get something wrong in my process.
Hahah! Will fix now.

EDIT: ALL done. Thanks for letting me know!

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 02:40

Cyres wrote:
Fri, 12. Mar 21, 01:25
no, sorry. the extra steps to upload them to steam simply increases my admin-work.

Cyres
x4

Post by Cyres » Fri, 12. Mar 21, 12:41

kuertee wrote:
Fri, 12. Mar 21, 02:08
EDIT: ALL done. Thanks for letting me know!
Nice, thank you!
kuertee wrote:
Fri, 12. Mar 21, 02:40
no, sorry. the extra steps to upload them to steam simply increases my admin-work.
No problem, everything is up to you. I'm happy you are sharing your work!

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Mon, 15. Mar 21, 16:37

Hi kuertee: I'm really interested in how you did the mission-giving from NPCs in some of your mods. I haven't extracted and looked yet, but I wonder ... would it be hard to implement something like this using existing missions (copied from reddit)?

Get war combat/patrol missions from a NPC (maybe the captain or someone else) onboard an allied carrier, approximating a Wing Commander-type experience. The combat tutorial has a cool example of this, but it wouldn't have to be that complex/scripted or obviously have voice--just using existing missions would be a great start. Imagine launching for a recon mission, scanning an enemy ship or station or placing a satellite, landing, and then launching for a combat mission, etc.

Thoughts? Would you be interested in trying this in one of your mods? If not, how hard do you think it would be? Thanks!

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 11:40

tomchk wrote:
Mon, 15. Mar 21, 16:37
Hi kuertee: I'm really interested in how you did the mission-giving from NPCs in some of your mods. I haven't extracted and looked yet, but I wonder ... would it be hard to implement something like this using existing missions (copied from reddit)?

Get war combat/patrol missions from a NPC (maybe the captain or someone else) onboard an allied carrier, approximating a Wing Commander-type experience. The combat tutorial has a cool example of this, but it wouldn't have to be that complex/scripted or obviously have voice--just using existing missions would be a great start. Imagine launching for a recon mission, scanning an enemy ship or station or placing a satellite, landing, and then launching for a combat mission, etc.

Thoughts? Would you be interested in trying this in one of your mods? If not, how hard do you think it would be? Thanks!
yah, definitely doable.
the missions offered by npcs in my mod, npc reactions, are taken from x4's base generic missions system.
their icons even appear on the map like normal generic missions.
the player simply can't see them on the map because the mod instant removes mission offers that are declined when the conversation menu is closed.
therefore, what you propose is certainly doable.

i have looked at the game's faction goals scripts. and have hooks to it already to a mod that logs what they do.
so, I kinda get how they work: they control what each faction does: trade, send combat ships to attack, to defend area, etc.
and I've thought about leveraging that as missions to offer the player.
these missions would be more focused to each faction's goals.
they will be more focused than the only-lightly-focused-to-faction-goals of guild missions and the not-at-all-focused-to-faction-goals of generic missions.
and, YES! because the combat missions from these faction goals can be considered to need high security, they can be offered only in person - rather than through the bulletin board system.

I'm currently trying to finish my next mod, so I'm not sure when I'll get to this faction goals mod.
my next mod refines the player's FACTION relationship with the other factions with a new PERSONAL reputation system: defender, vigilante, mercenary, pirate. (I briefly listed them in my Professions mod idea thread.)
i think having these distinct labels allow the player to bring the game back to a more personal level - if they so choose.
and having a handler to report to for the more important missions, as you describe, adds to that gameplay.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 15:37

Amazing, I very much look forward to what you do!

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). 26 Mar 2021: New mod: Reputations and Professions.

Post by kuertee » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 17:06

Reputations and professions
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636
by kuertee

Mod effects:
Reputations: Defender, Vigilante, Mercenary, Pirate. Professions and guilds: Courier, Engineer, Miner, Saboteur, Spy, Trader. Other guilds: Builder, Shipwright.
Spoiler
Show
Requirements:
-SirNukes Mod Support APIs mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/503) - for Lua Loader and Simple Menu Options
-Kuertee's UI Extensions mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552) - Modded Lua files with callbacks to allow more than one mod to change the same UI element.

Recommended companion mods:
Crime has consequences (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/566): ships are fined, then impounded, then forfeited. Pay fines at the Fines and Forfeiture office to reacquire ships before their forfeiture.

Reputations:
Separate from your faction's relationship with other factions, Reputations are your standing with the other factions. Reputations are the other factions' opinion of your person. Performing combat actions for a faction will increase the Reputation Score of one of the reputations.

Defender: performing combat actions sanctioned by a faction will grant you the Defender Reputation.
Vigilante: Unsanctioned actions against enemies of a faction.
Mercenary: Actions against friends of a faction.
Pirate: Actions against a faction.

Most actions for one faction will have mercenary or piratical actions against another faction. Accept missions wisely. (E.g. Completing a Teladi mission against the Argon, will improve your Defender Reputation with the Teladi. But it will increase your Mercenary Reputation with the Argon.)

Kills (or destructions) and mission completions are the only actions that count towards Reputation Scores. If you want granular gameplay effects to other actions (e.g. attacks, boardings, scans, etc.), use my other mod, Crime Has Consequences (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/566).

Military ship licenses:
Only Defenders have access to a faction's military ships. (This requirement can be disabled in the mod's Extensions Options.)

Combat mission rewards:
Combat mission bonus rewards are given to Defenders and Mercenaries:
Defeners: between 10% and 25% mission bonus rewards.
Mercenary: between 5% and 12.5%.

Additionally, completing missions within the hour improves the bonus.
Within the hour as a Defender: Double (x2) the bonus.
Within half-an-hour as a Defender: Triple (x3) the bonus.
Within half-an-hour as a Mercenary: Double (x2) the bonus.

Trade penalties:
There are trade penalties based on your Reputation.

Defender and Vigilante: no penalty.
Mercenary: 12.5% penalties on buying and selling.
Pirate: 25% penalties on buying and selling.

Professions:
There are 6 professions, each with an administrative guild. Performing actions of a profession, and completing related mission objectives, improve the Proficiency Score of that profession.

Courier / Couriers Consortium: Opening lockboxes, deliveries, item retrievals, and personnel recruitments.
Engineer / Engineers Federation: Satellite, ship, and signal leak repairs.
Miner / Mining Coalition: Finding resources, trading minable wares.
Saboteur / Saboteurs Treaty: Bombs, EMPs, laser tower deployments, mine disposals and laying, disabling turrets.
Spy / Union of Spies: Hacking terminals, unlocking signal leaks, ship and station scanning, satellite deployments.
Trade / Traders Association: Non-minable trades.

There are two other guilds. They don't offer memberships but offer missions.
Builders Syndicate
Shipwrights League

Proficiency Levels:
Apprentice: Starting proficiency.
Experienced: When one profession's score exceeds 150% the next best profession's score, Experienced Level is achieved.
Specialist: Performing more actions after achieving Experienced Level will improve the profession to Specialist Level.

Gaining Proficiency Scores:
Achieving some level of expertise in a profession requires some dedication to that profession. When the proficiency of one improves, the proficiencies in the other 5 decline. Proficiency levels, however, are never lost. Attained Experienced and Specialist levels are maintained regardless of the profession's proficiency scores.

Inspiration:
Performing the actions of one profession in succession will become inspired. When inspired, the points of previous activities are added to the Proficiency Score along with the points of the current activity. (I.e. They stack.) Inspired professions progress more efficiently than others. Performing an action of a different profession will break the inspiration if sufficient actions of that other profession is performed in sequence. (I.e. It will reset the stack IF the other profession's inspiration stack is more than 25% the inspiration stack of the other.)

Collecting containers does not inspire and therefore does not break the inspiration sequence. (I.e. It will not reset the stack. E.g. You can continue disposing of mines to improve the Saboteur Profession while collecting containers.)

Primary Profession:
The profession with a Proficiency Score of 150% more than the next best profession is the Primary Profession.

Miners and traders have benefits based on their Proficiency Score, if either is the Primary Profession:
Miner: Bonus minerals in a collectable asteroid will be found. I.e. more minerals will be collected for fewer asteroids.
Trader: When the Primary Profession, discounts and commissions are applied to every trade.

Guilds and mission rewards:
When Experienced proficiency is achieved, membership into the guild becomes available. Members are awarded bonuses to related mission rewards on mission completions. The Builders Syndicate and the Shipwrights League do not offer memberships.

Experienced: The mission reward bonus is between 10% and 25%.
Specialist: 20% to 25%.

Additionally, completing missions within the hour improves the bonus.
Within the hour: Double (x2) the bonus.
Within half-an-hour: Triple (x3) the bonus.

Guild Network and missions:
Up to three guild offices may be located in a station. When in the vicinity of a station with guild offices, the Guild Network becomes available.

Connect to the Guild Network from the Guild Missions Bulletin Board System. When connected, guild missions will be offered. These missions are more varied and more galaxy-spanning than normal Generic Missions.

Because guild members are subscribed to their guild's network, mission offers from their guild are directly available in the Bulletin Board System anywhere in the galaxy, without the need to connect to the Guild Network.

Install:
-Unzip to 'X4 Foundations/extensions/kuertee_reputations_and_professions/'.
-Make sure the sub-folders and files are in 'X4 Foundations/extensions/kuertee_reputations_and_professions/' and not in 'X4 Foundations/extensions/kuertee_reputations_and_professions/kuertee_reputations_and_professions/'.

Uninstall:
-Delete the mod folder.

History:
1.0.0, 27 Aug 2020:
Initial release.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”