[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 4 Jan: Reputations and Professions bug-fix for new games

Post by kuertee » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 02:30

Note

Hey everyone that uses Reputations and Professions:
4.2.072 WILL RESET YOUR DATA. Sorry about that.
The only solution is to reinstall 4.2.071 AND reload a save without 4.2.072.
4.2.072's change is for new games anyway.

For new games, it's safe to install 4.2.072.

In the meantime, i'll find a fix for it not resetting your data.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 4 Jan: Reputations and Professions bug-fix for new games

Post by kuertee » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 08:20

Updates, 4 Jan 2022
Reputations and professions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636
v4.2.073, 4 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: mod data on saved games were getting reinitalised. Bug introduced in the previous version, 4.2.072. This version is safe for use in both new games and old saved games. (Sorry for the poor QA. I was trying to get all the updates out before the NY, but introduced new bugs in the process. This should be it.)
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 11:30

last new feature, i swear! after this one, i'll just be coding for reported (or found by me) bugs. i swear! :gruebel:

anyway, there's a new feature for NPC Reactions (a prompt from a Reddit post about the pilot is not always the captain of the ship).
i thought the Taxi feature was sufficient. i.e. with NPCR's Taxi feature, you can talk to the pilot of the ship you're standing on and tell him to fly somewhere.
and if that pilot is one of yours then they simply do not charge the taxi fee.

but UX-wise, it wasn't good enough an illusion of the player being the captain of the ship.
with the new feature ordering your pilot via conversations should make for a better illusion.

(and just to complete the list for today, i include the earlier bug-fix for Reputations and Professions:)

Updates, 4 Jan 2022
NPC reactions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497
v4.2.073, 4 Jan 2022:
-New feature: Bridge crew: "Give order." conversation option with any of your AI pilots will open the map with their ship pre-selected so that you can directly give them an order. This is more tactile than the base game's actions to give an AI pilot an order: open map, select ship, give order.
Reputations and professions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636
v4.2.073, 4 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: mod data on saved games were getting reinitalised. Bug introduced in the previous version, 4.2.072. This version is safe for use in both new games and old saved games. (Sorry for the poor QA. I was trying to get all the updates out before the NY, but introduced new bugs in the process. This should be it.)

wanderer
x3tc

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 4 Jan: Freeze Bug with HSRAL

Post by wanderer » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 21:59

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 3. Jan 22, 18:35
wanderer: i may have found the freezing bug. it was in Reputations and Professions (RAP).
freezes may occur on new games but, even if the bug doesn't cause it, the bug was NEW game breaking.
i've released a fix.
Well, didn't lasted - sorry to response back negative.

I startet a new game (custom start with several stations, ships), HSRAL installed, also NPC Reactions, Crime and the station scan mods.
Now, I am building a station - admin center finished, also 6 cross parts, 1 3m6s dock. rest still in build process. Its the only station in this sector, I own (admin center!) the sector. Ship: I don't fly the ship, standing beside the pilot.

It landed with HSRAL installed - freeze. Reload save; Every time the ship is landing, as soon as it touches the landing plattform it freeses. Also to note - its the first time ever, that I landed on a station.

Now I removed the mod (complete), same save, same approach - works fine. Even the fines office is there as it should be.
Again: back to reinstalled HSRAL - landing - freeze. I did not remove NPC Reactions, they where/are still active.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 4 Jan: Freeze Bug with HSRAL

Post by kuertee » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 03:46

wanderer wrote:
Tue, 4. Jan 22, 21:59
...Well, didn't lasted - sorry to response back negative.

I startet a new game (custom start with several stations, ships), HSRAL installed, also NPC Reactions, Crime and the station scan mods.
Now, I am building a station - admin center finished, also 6 cross parts, 1 3m6s dock. rest still in build process. Its the only station in this sector, I own (admin center!) the sector. Ship: I don't fly the ship, standing beside the pilot.

It landed with HSRAL installed - freeze. Reload save; Every time the ship is landing, as soon as it touches the landing plattform it freeses. Also to note - its the first time ever, that I landed on a station.

Now I removed the mod (complete), same save, same approach - works fine. Even the fines office is there as it should be.
Again: back to reinstalled HSRAL - landing - freeze. I did not remove NPC Reactions, they where/are still active.
thanks, wanderer, for the report. it came at almost at the same time (about half-an-hour within) as dtrail's and tasar's on nexus.

anyway, here's the fix:
Updates, 5 Jan 2022
High-security rooms are locked https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/540
v4.2.073, 5 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: Unrecoverable freezes caused by infinite loop when arriving at stations which MAY happen anytime you arrive at the station regardless of whether you teleport or dock.

EDIT: It's weird that it ddin't show up in my test yesterday youtube

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Thu, 6. Jan 22, 18:06

heavy stutter (only with kuertee_surface_element_targeting ), and radar flickering
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15ADlVt ... sp=sharing

this begins after first part of Terran war mission (build outpost), and clearing Family Kritt sector from Xenons (effectively splitting Xenon empire by two separate parts)...
and yep i may be planned too large station for Terran outpost > 100 defense modules (but already build much lesser), also created neutral island in xenon territory, which may influence path-finding.

game was nor restarted nor reloaded when problem appeared, still i was on station watching map, and problem is almost not noticeable in map mode,
so no exact timing or reason why, problem is not happens on pause, i.e. on pause map giving normal fps without any stutter, but when unpaused and flying on the ship and watching map stutter exist (when moving map).

problem visible in any sector personally flying any ship, makes radar unpleasant to watch (constant flickering) and feeling like very low fps, (i.e. 80% of time normal fps, and 20% of time no change of frames at all).

p.s. initially was posted viewtopic.php?f=180&t=444065 , but there would be probably deleted.
probably large partially build station is responsible, but I don't understand why same problems for other sectors.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 01:35

dmk wrote:
Thu, 6. Jan 22, 18:06
heavy stutter (only with kuertee_surface_element_targeting ), and radar flickering

this begins after first part of Terran war mission (build outpost), and clearing Family Kritt sector from Xenons (effectively splitting Xenon empire by two separate parts)...
and yep i may be planned too large station for Terran outpost > 100 defense modules (but already build much lesser), also created neutral island in xenon territory, which may influence path-finding.

game was nor restarted nor reloaded when problem appeared, still i was on station watching map, and problem is almost not noticeable in map mode,
so no exact timing or reason why, problem is not happens on pause, i.e. on pause map giving normal fps without any stutter, but when unpaused and flying on the ship and watching map stutter exist (when moving map).

problem visible in any sector personally flying any ship, makes radar unpleasant to watch (constant flickering) and feeling like very low fps, (i.e. 80% of time normal fps, and 20% of time no change of frames at all).

p.s. initially was posted viewtopic.php?f=180&t=444065 , but there would be probably deleted.
probably large partially build station is responsible, but I don't understand why same problems for other sectors.
thanks heaps for the report and your save file. (i also skimmed the other thread.)

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 07:27

dmk wrote:
Thu, 6. Jan 22, 18:06

thanks, again for the report. and i've fixed the bug. can you try this beta version on your save game, please? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H8EvDx ... sp=sharing
i loaded up your game both before i changed the mod and after. and i think it improved.
let me know, please. then i'll release on nexus.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 09:38

kuertee wrote:
Fri, 7. Jan 22, 07:27
let me know, please. then i'll release on nexus.
yep that particular problem is fixed, big thank you for fast fix.
there are two less important (very rare, and may be even not linked with your mods, or already fixed by this fix)
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 645141.64 kuertee_menu_interactmenu.init
[General] 645141.64 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 645141.64 kuertee_menu_map.init
[=ERROR=] 645141.64 C:\dev\p1_hotfix\src\X4\ui\core\xanark\anarkviewbridge.cpp(100): Warning. The current frame was already updated without processing the update event. Check for errors in addon scripts issuing too many update calls.
(version: 4.20 - Code revision: 465891)
[=ERROR=] 645141.64 FATAL ERROR (version 4.20 - Code revision: 465891): A fatal error has occurred and the game cannot recover.
Exit code: 1028

vkQueueSubmit(DeviceQueues[queue].Queue, 1, &info, fence.Handle)Failed with err -4 (C:\dev\p1_hotfix\src\X4\xgfx\be\vulkan\video_vk.cpp, 4399)

Version: 4.20 - Code revision: 465891

If a troubleshooting page opens in your web browser, please follow the instructions on that page; otherwise please inform EGOSOFT GmbH technical support.
[=ERROR=] 645141.64 FATAL ERROR (version 4.20 - Code revision: 465891): A fatal error has occurred and the game cannot recover.
Exit code: 1028

vkQueueSubmit(DeviceQueues[queue].Queue, 1, &info, 0)Failed with err -4 (C:\dev\p1_hotfix\src\X4\xgfx\be\vulkan\video_vk.cpp, 4379)

Version: 4.20 - Code revision: 465891

If a troubleshooting page opens in your web browser, please follow the instructions on that page; otherwise please inform EGOSOFT GmbH technical support.
and/or Image
last one can be fixed only by save/reload (i.e. you can teleport and issue map order, but can't touch anything from fps view/ or sit in chair)
again don't sure that your mods are responsible, and situation extremely rare (two crashes, and only one stuck),
or may be they already fixed by your changes.
p.s. distance is independent of teleport in message on screenshot(i.e. it is wrong, as station on screenshot is from another sector).
Last edited by dmk on Fri, 7. Jan 22, 09:45, edited 1 time in total.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 09:43

dmk wrote:
Fri, 7. Jan 22, 09:38
...yep that particular problem is fixed, big thank you for fast fix.
there are two less important (very rare, and may be even not linked with your mods)... and/or ... SNIPPED ... last one can be fixed only by save/reload (i.e. you can teleport and issue map order, but can't touch anything from fps view/ or sit in chair) again don't sure that your mods are responsible, and situation extremely rare (two crashes, and only one stuck), or may be they already fixed by your changes.
p.s. distance is independent of teleport in message on screenshot(i.e. it is wrong, as station on screenshot is from another sector).
yup, it's like my changes to Surface Element Targeting.
Will look now.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 09:46

kuertee wrote:
Fri, 7. Jan 22, 09:43
dmk wrote:
Fri, 7. Jan 22, 09:38
...yep that particular problem is fixed, big thank you for fast fix.
there are two less important (very rare, and may be even not linked with your mods)... and/or ... SNIPPED ... last one can be fixed only by save/reload (i.e. you can teleport and issue map order, but can't touch anything from fps view/ or sit in chair) again don't sure that your mods are responsible, and situation extremely rare (two crashes, and only one stuck), or may be they already fixed by your changes.
yup, it's like my changes to Surface Element Targeting.
Will look now.
take into account that all info collected before(more correctly crashes was same time, but stuck was before) i encountered bug with stuttering/fps drops, i.e. it can be already fixed by your changes,
i posted only if you get report from someone other than me, so you can use more info, to catch it(if it needs catching!)

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 10:26

how exactly to order captain place laser turrets field (in waypoint_fields_for_deployments mod)?
(p.s. i understand how to get guidance, but even autopilot(on destroyers) aborts after some time i.e. it does not place any turrets, just trying to fly to first placement)
but i want to order captain place them offsector, and i am unable to add order.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 11:13

dmk wrote:
Fri, 7. Jan 22, 10:26
how exactly to order captain place laser turrets field (in waypoint_fields_for_deployments mod)?
(p.s. i understand how to get guidance, but even autopilot(on destroyers) aborts after some time i.e. it does not place any turrets, just trying to fly to first placement)
but i want to order captain place them offsector, and i am unable to add order.
1. on the map, click on the AI pilot.
2. right-click on open space or on an object.
3. click on the "Create Waypoint Field" in the list of orders.
4. choose the deployable and set the deployment's size and density.
5. before you exit, ensure that the deployment is not paused. if there's a button labeled "Allow deployments", click that.
6. you can also give the order to a different pilot by clicking on "Set new leader".

note that its best to give these orders to M or S ships - or larger ships with wingmen who will perform the deployment.
because of their size, large ships may have trouble setting each deployable near their intended waypoint.
i'm sure you can set yourself as the leader - if you have wingmen with you.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 11:21

kuertee wrote:
Fri, 7. Jan 22, 11:13
5. before you exit, ensure that the deployment is not paused. if there's a button labeled "Allow deployments", click that.
so there is no actual order for the ship which do perform deployment?
and default order should be hold position?

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 11:32

dmk wrote:
Fri, 7. Jan 22, 11:21
...so there is no actual order for the ship which do perform deployment?...and default order should be hold position?
yeah, there's no default/direct order that you can give to the AI.

a lot of the mod was already built with only the player in mind.
i found it easier to just add AI pilot features rather than re-engineering the mod to follow the base game's AI orders framework.

but ... the Waypoint Field guidance mission WILL give the appropriate orders (e.g. restock on deployables at yard, deploy, collect, etc.) to the AI piltos.
and you can see those orders in the AI pilot's Behaviours panel.
EDIT: so ... think of the Waypoint Field controls as the manager for the AI pilots. END EDIT.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 11 Jan bug-fix: Surface Element Targeting decreasing performance over time bug

Post by kuertee » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 01:14

Updates, 11 Jan 2022
Surface element targeting https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/710 v4.2.074, 7 Jan 2022:
-Reprogrammed: The previous version created a stacking bug that would eventually impact performance. Just install this over the top of the old version and those stacked threads will be cleaned up.

dmk
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 11 Jan bug-fix: Surface Element Targeting decreasing performance over time bug

Post by dmk » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 04:46

one more (minor) bug with previous version: Xenon core(Dock)/main (which builds first) module turrets are not properly selected.

p.s. is any way to add in Station F menu entry for selection of all large turrets (to skip phase of manual searching last one of L turret via home/end?)

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 05:19

dmk wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 04:46
one more (minor) bug with previous version: Xenon core(Dock)/main (which builds first) module turrets are not properly selected.
yeah, i noticed that in my tests when i first built the mod. but the code available to us simply does not detect some and so i cant add them to the list of objectives.

Code: Select all

<find_object_component groupname="$surfaceElements" object="$defensible" operational="true" surfaceelement="true" multiple="true" />
EDIT: If i set it to find non-operational surface elements, the game will simply not allow your ship to lock on to it. i've tried it. END EDIT.

p.s. is any way to add in Station F menu entry for selection of all large turrets (to skip phase of manual searching last one of L turret via home/end?)
yes, but that will require more code to first find all components, then add each one to different list by type, then build the menu that lists each type. i'm not ready to build more to the mod. i'll put it in my list of things to do and look into it in the future.

wanderer
x3tc

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 11 Jan CHC freeze with Segaris Eq. Dock

Post by wanderer » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 08:41

Well, CHC (4.2.071) again...

Flying in the Segaris sector, no fines. Now getting some fines and landing on the equipment dock in Segaris.
After touch down (landing) the game freezes.
Deinstalling the mod, reload, landing again - no freeze. Now, activate mod again - and freezing.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 11 Jan CHC freeze with Segaris Eq. Dock

Post by kuertee » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 11:52

wanderer wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 08:41
Well, CHC (4.2.071) again...

Flying in the Segaris sector, no fines. Now getting some fines and landing on the equipment dock in Segaris.
After touch down (landing) the game freezes.
Deinstalling the mod, reload, landing again - no freeze. Now, activate mod again - and freezing.
do you have these other mods also? alternatives to death, high-sec rooms are locked, modifications parts trader, npc reactions, reputations and professions.
and have they all been updated?
they use the same arrive-dock-teleport-leave-stations code but, so that only one manages those events, all but the first one to get initialised on game load are terminated.
if the old version (with the infiteinly loop bug) of that code is in any of them, it could be used if it gets initialised first.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”