[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 09 Sep: New mod: UI: Trade Analytics, Updates: Auto-cam, Reactions, Crimes, UI

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 13:36

There is something wrong with the Trade Analytics in my game. They worked at first and ran fine for several hours but now it just says 'Trade Analytic loading' (can not remember the exact text), which it never does, even after 4 minutes, and all the buttons on that screen are unusable, even those that were not added by Trade Analytics. Thankfully esc still works. I do not really know how to provide a better bug report than this, sorry.
Iucundi acti labores

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 09 Sep: New mod: UI: Trade Analytics, Updates: Auto-cam, Reactions, Crimes, UI

Post by kuertee » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 14:17

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Sun, 12. Sep 21, 13:36
There is something wrong with the Trade Analytics in my game. They worked at first and ran fine for several hours but now it just says 'Trade Analytic loading' (can not remember the exact text), which it never does, even after 4 minutes, and all the buttons on that screen are unusable, even those that were not added by Trade Analytics. Thankfully esc still works. I do not really know how to provide a better bug report than this, sorry.
i know of the bug. i found it last night.
the transaction log screen becomes unresponsive when a ship or station in the data becomes invalid.
this occurs with npc trading ships when they get destroyed or when the game decides to remove them because they become unnecessary.
the funny thing is that sometimes Lua (the framework the UI is built in) allows this to work.
you would have seen these entries labelled "no longer exists).
but eventually, Lua would just reject them causing the screen to be fail.

luckily, i've fixed it.
i'll release it now.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 14:33

UI: Trade analytics
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/764
by kuertee

Updates:
========
v1.0.2, 12 Sep 2021:
-Bug-fix: The Transaction Log screen becomes unresponsive when it encounters an invalid ship or station in the mod's data. This happens when the ship or station is destroyed or when the game removes them when it determines that they are no longer needed. This bug will not occur until after several hours with the mod. I think this is because these invalid entries exists temporarily until they are properly cleaned up after some time. You would have seen these entries in the Trade Analytics screeen as "no longer exists". In this new version, to prevent this bug from happening, these invalid entries are removed. You will no longer see items with the "no longer exists" label.
-Tweak: Bug-fix: When using the By Trading Ship mod, the station was getting listed.
=Tweak: Re-worked the assignmwent of data between the trader ship, the buyer and the seller.
-Tweak: Clicking on a station from a miner's Sales list will automatically set use the Mining category (instead of the Purchases category) when the station's analytics is rendered.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 22:00

Trade Analytics is quite an unexpected but welcomed mod :)
I've run the game for a short time (eagerly awaiting 4.1) and have yet to learn to make full use of the information I get from this mod but can already see that it will help me optimize my supply chains.

Found two issues:
  1. if the UI is scaled (1.1 in my case) then the sort icon is positioned incorrectly:
    https://i.imgur.com/6RsN02b.png
  2. some weird bug.
    Clicking on any of buttons ("show less"/"show more", any of the column buttons) affects the data incrementally:
    https://i.imgur.com/6RsN02b.png
    https://i.imgur.com/Uic68a2.png
    https://i.imgur.com/PIFNNm1.png
    https://i.imgur.com/kHq7VRw.png
Reopening the transaction log resets values to correct state.

Anyway - great job, new data in addition to it's analytical usefulness fits perfectly into transaction log view and looks like it is from vanilla.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 08:22

in my current game, i focused on my economy and supporting the first faction i encountered - for a more role-play-style game.
i mean rather than trying to see and do everything, that is.
and so, my stations are single-purpose and are placed strategically.

and I needed to know their reach - which prompted the UI Analytics mod.
i couldn't tell which of my factories were supplied from which of my other factories.
and i couldn't tell which of the surrounding sectors and factions were supplied by my factories.
this was very hard to tell with just the history and graph.

AND ... i was surprised to find that egosoft's transaction log is missing this key data.
it doesn't have records of deliveries made between your factories.
it only contains records of transactions made with other factions.
weird, right? i made a post about it in the general forums.

anyway, here's an update which fixes the bugs that you reported:

by kuertee

Updates:
v1.0.3, 13 Sep 2021:
-Bug-fix: The internal data wasn't getting reset properly when you interact with the graph or the history causing the data in the analytics to incrementally increase.
-Bug-fix: Correct the positions of the sorting arrows when the UI is scaled up or down.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 15:42

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 13. Sep 21, 08:22
by kuertee

Updates:
v1.0.3, 13 Sep 2021:
-Bug-fix: The internal data wasn't getting reset properly when you interact with the graph or the history causing the data in the analytics to incrementally increase.
-Bug-fix: Correct the positions of the sorting arrows when the UI is scaled up or down.
That was fast :)
Can canfirm that both bugs are fixed. Thanks.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 14 Sep: UI Extensions compatibility with 4.1 of the base game

Post by kuertee » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 20:43

Update 14 Sep 2021:
UI Extensions and HUD https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552
-New feature: compatibility with version 4.1 of the game.

To identify bugs in my mods, I'll be playing the game properly (instead of editing, building new mods, that is) for the next few days.
Feel free to report bugs either here or on the mod's Nexus page.

Mycu
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 14 Sep: UI Extensions compatibility with 4.1 of the base game

Post by Mycu » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 21:40

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 13. Sep 21, 20:43
Feel free to report bugs either here or on the mod's Nexus page.
Not quite bug but I think that resource probes range in "Waypoint fields for deployments" mod should be increased greatly as now we can clearly see how much this has grown in 4.1.
It was 3km(?) if I'm not mistaken and now it looks like ten times more.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 12:36

Mycu wrote:
Mon, 13. Sep 21, 21:40
Not quite bug but I think that resource probes range in "Waypoint fields for deployments" mod should be increased greatly as now we can clearly see how much this has grown in 4.1.
it's weird.
when deployed, the radius around a resource probe when you mouse-over one looks to be about 40km - the typical comm range.
but the docs state that "currentyield" value is "... The current yield detected by the resource probe (volume is a cube of space with a side length of 32km) ...". which means that the range (or radius) is 16km.
but in the encyclopedia, its range is 3km.
i'll set its optimal density 20km. the desity settings can be used to spread them out anyway.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 03:49

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 12:36
Mycu wrote:
Mon, 13. Sep 21, 21:40
it's weird.
when deployed, the radius around a resource probe when you mouse-over one looks to be about 40km - the typical comm range.
but the docs state that "currentyield" value is "... The current yield detected by the resource probe (volume is a cube of space with a side length of 32km) ...". which means that the range (or radius) is 16km.
but in the encyclopedia, its range is 3km.
i'll set its optimal density 20km. the desity settings can be used to spread them out anyway.
Didn't that get changed in 4.0? Before, it really was 3km, but once resource probes actually became useful, they expanded their check range? (And then forgot to update the encyclopedia.)
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 14:26

Current auto-camera's mod cutscenes are excellent plus the docking animation is a must have and feels very natural.

Have a question through - can flight special effect: engine plasma leaks color be changed?
https://i.imgur.com/1IamdfQ.png

Effect itself is nice, helps to visualize speed but pinkish color looks somehow odd.
Is it possible to add a variant with light grey or white semi-transparent streaks?
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 17:05

kmunoz wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 03:49
Didn't that get changed in 4.0? Before, it really was 3km, but once resource probes actually became useful, they expanded their check range? (And then forgot to update the encyclopedia.)
Forgot the encyclopedia? hahaha! I can accept that.
But, yeah, it was described in the general forums that the resource probes definitely only have a scan range of 16km - to return resource availability within a 32km cube.
And the 20km range is ... for something else. :gruebel: I can't remember what.
Mycu wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 14:26
Effect itself is nice, helps to visualize speed but pinkish color looks somehow odd.
Is it possible to add a variant with light grey or white semi-transparent streaks?
Yeah, i looked into it before releasing that feature - but I didn't find a solution. I asked in this forums and discord. And, unfortunately, no one could help. Sorry. :(

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 08:53

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 17:05
Yeah, i looked into it before releasing that feature - but I didn't find a solution. I asked in this forums and discord. And, unfortunately, no one could help. Sorry. :(
No problem, I was expecting this to be more complicated than just tweaking few xml color values.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 10:37

Yeah, I had a look for it and don’t find anything gtjat suggested its colours.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 13:39

Having a strange situation with UI Trade Analytics.
All transactions are doubled: https://i.imgur.com/uzIQPmH.png
This ship made two transactions since it was built: https://i.imgur.com/A6I5dt4.png but analytics somehow doubles it.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 14:52

Trade Analytics doesn't change Egosoft's trade history.
And that's what you see in the Transaction Log on the left side of the screen and the graph on the right.
What Trade Analytics does is: (1) extrapolate data from the history and (2) track transactions between player properties (because they have no dollar value, Egosoft doesn't record them).

So, what you see on the left there (where there are negative and positive values that negate each other) is how Egosoft shows the Transaction Logs for ships by default.
It's quite confusing. And not very useful.

Hence, I made Trade Analytics. :lol:

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 15:08

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 21. Sep 21, 14:52
Trade Analytics doesn't change Egosoft's trade history.
And that's what you see in the Transaction Log on the left side of the screen and the graph on the right.
What Trade Analytics does is: (1) extrapolate data from the history and (2) track transactions between player properties (because they have no dollar value, Egosoft doesn't record them).

So, what you see on the left there (where there are negative and positive values that negate each other) is how Egosoft shows the Transaction Logs for ships by default.
It's quite confusing. And not very useful.

Hence, I made Trade Analytics. :lol:
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough.

What I meant are those two entries marked with red arrows: https://i.imgur.com/bi7M7Hm.png - I don't know where is it coming from.
This miner made two sales since built - one for 159 338Cr and second for 268 613. He sold Nvidium two times - first time to DRQ-652 and second time to WXJ-552 - so there should be only two rows in "sales" analytics.
Where does other two rows came from?
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 15:12

Ahhh, those arrows are new. Hahah!
I don't know, but they are in Egosoft's history for that ship.
Show "By Wares" might give us a clue.
Then reply back. I'm curious.

EDIT: Can you check Purchases? Maybe they should be purchases FROM one of your station.
I'll check my code. I might have parsed through Egosoft's data incorrectly.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 15:28

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 21. Sep 21, 15:12
EDIT: Can you check Purchases? Maybe they should be purchases FROM one of your station.
Ok, so here are purchases: https://i.imgur.com/5P0GFRW.png
And sales by wares: https://i.imgur.com/0plrIhK.png
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 15:57

it looks to me that the ship bought a certain amount from one station and then sold to another station.
one pair of the double-up should be in purchases.
or that's what i think anyway.

(hidden for brevity of this post.)
Spoiler
Show
a trade in the history looks like this.
partner is the trading ship. buyer is the buying ship or station. seller is the selling ship or station.

Code: Select all

-- 		time = buf[i].time,
	-- 		money = tonumber(buf[i].money) / 100,
	-- 		entryid = ConvertStringTo64Bit(tostring(buf[i].entryid)),
	-- 		eventtype = ffi.string(buf[i].eventtype),
	-- 		eventtypename = ffi.string(buf[i].eventtypename),
	-- 		partner = buf[i].partnerid,
	-- 		partnername = (partnername ~= "") and (partnername .. " (" .. ffi.string(buf[i].partneridcode) .. ")") or "",
	-- 		tradeentryid = ConvertStringTo64Bit(tostring(buf[i].tradeentryid)),
	-- 		tradeeventtype = ffi.string(buf[i].tradeeventtype),
	-- 		tradeeventtypename = ffi.string(buf[i].tradeeventtypename),
	-- 		buyer = buf[i].buyerid,
	-- 		seller = buf[i].sellerid,
	-- 		ware = ffi.string(buf[i].ware),
	-- 		amount = buf[i].amount,
	-- 		price = tonumber(buf[i].price) / 100,
	-- 		complete = buf[i].complete,
	-- 		description = "",
and my code to assign the data is:

Code: Select all

if trading ship == buyer then
    addBuyData ()
elseif trading ship == seller then
    addSaleData ()
    if trading ship is a miner then
        addMiningData ()
    end
end
so my assignment looks right.
is that ship attached to a station? or no?
if so, can you also take a screenshot of that station's sales and purchases, please? thanks.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”