[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Huntingwolf
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). 26 Mar 2021: New mod: Reputations and Professions.

Post by Huntingwolf » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 22:15

arquebusx wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 20:54
Huntingwolf wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 20:31
AS far as i rly would like to use the mod´s but it seams the mod´s having problems with opening the Player´s possessions Tab.
Rly tried all but it comes all down to UI Extensions and HUD https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552
Seams like Egosoft broke something again with the new update.

none of the UI´s work anymore
Huh. I'm not having that issue at all, and I'm running the following kuertee mods:

* UI extensions and HUD (2.04)
* Accept mission for later (2.00)
* Active Mission Button (2.00)
* Reset mouse on menu close (2.00)
* More generic missions (1.01)
* NPC reactions (2.02)
* Reputations and professions (1.03)
* Ship scanner (2.00)
* Signal leak hunter - increasing range (5.00)
* Station scanner (2.00)
* Teleport from transporter room (2.00)
arquebusx wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 20:57
kuertee wrote:
Thu, 25. Mar 21, 17:06
Reputations and professions
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636
by kuertee
There are very few mods I use that I'm convinced belong in the base game.

This is one of them.

I haven't even had a chance to explore a lot of what it does yet - but *at the very least* it's just really satisfying to see the stats and to watch my progress in each category. It makes my experience of the game 2x richer.

(I'm a mission-heavy player. I don't do much station building. So for me, the game is mostly about running missions and "doing stuff" in my ship. So this mod really gets me.)

Ok Just to prove it i turned all Other Mods off except the Mods From kuertee and needed API´s and made a little Video
I have even gone so far deleted all and installed the game new ,also start a new game

https://youtu.be/5dczYdjFKIE

It is broken at that part you can't open the player possessions Menu Tap. It crashes or brings up a white box.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). 26 Mar 2021: New mod: Reputations and Professions.

Post by kuertee » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 02:51

Huntingwolf wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 22:15
arquebusx wrote:
Huntingwolf wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 20:31
AS far as i rly would like to use the mod´s but it seams the mod´s having problems with opening the Player´s possessions Tab.
Rly tried all but it comes all down to UI Extensions and HUD https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552
yeah, some players experience that problem and others don't.

doctorhay, on nexus, was good enough to post the relevant portion of the log.
i finally saw what breaks.

I've released a beta update here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lFW-JL ... sp=sharing
can you test it, please? and let me know if it works.
I've posted that on discord and nexus.

and once i get a thumbs up for it, from anyone, I'll release it properly.

EDIT: I've now corrected the link. my initial URL linked to a beta version of another mod I'm getting another to test.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 03:59

i've now released the fix for UIX breaking the Property Owned Category tabs that some are experiencing.
Just grab the fix from Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=files
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Huntingwolf
x4

Post by Huntingwolf » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 04:41

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 02:51
Huntingwolf wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 22:15
arquebusx wrote:
yeah, some players experience that problem and others don't.

doctorhay, on nexus, was good enough to post the relevant portion of the log.
i finally saw what breaks.

I've released a beta update here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lFW-JL ... sp=sharing
can you test it, please? and let me know if it works.
I've posted that on discord and nexus.

and once i get a thumbs up for it, from anyone, I'll release it properly.

EDIT: I've now corrected the link. my initial URL linked to a beta version of another mod I'm getting another to test.

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 03:59
i've now released the fix for UIX breaking the Property Owned Category tabs that some are experiencing.
Just grab the fix from Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=files

Thanks man for the very very fast response . Tested it and it worked fine so far at the first view .
The the player possessions Menu Tap is working again.
Also i pushed over a little donation for you for that :mrgreen: 👍 (next time its a bit more.for sure )
best regards.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 07:27

Huntingwolf wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 04:41
Thanks man for the very very fast response . Tested it and it worked fine so far at the first view .
The the player possessions Menu Tap is working again.
Also i pushed over a little donation for you for that :mrgreen: 👍 (next time its a bit more.for sure )
best regards.
Great that it's working now!
The actual fix took a couple of versions, mainly because others had no problem with it. Only dochay53's post of the log showed me what the problem was.
Thank you.

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 01:50

So the Rep and Profession mod looks interesting, and I want to use it, but I'm having a problem with the config options in the middle of my current game.
I didn't like the defender requirement on military ships, so I disabled it in config, but it strips me of my Licenses leaving me still unable to buy military ships that I should have the relations for.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:35

Aranov wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 01:50
So the Rep and Profession mod looks interesting, and I want to use it, but I'm having a problem with the config options in the middle of my current game.
I didn't like the defender requirement on military ships, so I disabled it in config, but it strips me of my Licenses leaving me still unable to buy military ships that I should have the relations for.
you should get those licences back when your relationship with the faction updates - through a trade or another event that Egosoft coded to update your relationship.
try doing a personal trade with them to see if that triggers it.

I'll let that config trigger a manual update in the mod's next release - likely in the next couple of days or so.

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 12:51

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:35

you should get those licences back when your relationship with the faction updates - through a trade or another event that Egosoft coded to update your relationship.

I'll let that config trigger a manual update in the mod's next release - likely in the next couple of days or so.
I tried the update I saw on nexus, still stuck without licences. I did also try get rep, but I think a problem is I already have a ton of rep with some factions.
Like 26+ for Segaris Pioneers, 25+ Terran Protectorate, 24+ Holy Order, and etc, so it seems to take a lot to update rep. Haven't tried shooting friendlies yet, but I'll see what I can do to get the rep to update.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 15:05

Aranov wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 12:51
kuertee wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:35

I tried the update I saw on nexus, still stuck without licences. I did also try get rep, but I think a problem is I already have a ton of rep with some factions.
Like 26+ for Segaris Pioneers, 25+ Terran Protectorate, 24+ Holy Order, and etc, so it seems to take a lot to update rep. Haven't tried shooting friendlies yet, but I'll see what I can do to get the rep to update.
with the update, did you disable that option in the Extensions Options?
After enabling or disabling it, as in your case, and then returning to the game, it should re-check all factions and either remove or apply those restrictions.
Did you try, maybe, enabling it, returning to the game, then re-disabling it then returning to the game? The old, turn-it-off-then-on routine. Just to be sure, that is.

EDIT: nvm the above. it's bugged. let me fix it and re-release.
EDIT: Reputations and Professions 1.0.5 is released with the fix to the problem. Simply go to the Extensions Options then return to the game to apply or remove the military ship restrictions without waiting for your relationship to change.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 16:57

Mycu wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 09:30
Tried new NPC Reactions feature - bank loans.
It's a nice feature and have some loose thoughts in case you will to expand it further:
Spoiler
Show
  1. It would be nice to have bank loans functionality in cooperation with Reputations and Professions - so the higher the reputation with a given faction - the lower the interest rate and longer time to repay loan.
  2. Maximum available loan amount and sum could depend on player's wealth.
  3. Loans shouldn't be possible for starting players (or should be very limited). Currently it's easy take a few loans on game start and instantly buy miners instead of doing missions.
  4. Banks could be placed only on few stations in entire galaxy - with a possibility to ask NPC "where can I find..." for directions.
And one question bothers me - is there currently any time limit to repay loan?
Thanks, Mycu. Yes, I plan on implementing some more things to it.
Initially NPCR: Bank Loans was for my needed of a quick starts while testing Reputations and Professions (RAP) - WITHOUT cheating. That's why it's quite sparse.
I'll base the interest rate on your faction's Relationship Points. And if RAP is installed, it'll be based on your individual Reputation Points.
And yes, I might create a Galactic Bank instead of making Station Managers banks, as they are now. More usable population in the game, the better, I think.
There are no time limits to the loans. The only penalty is their cost over time. Currently, the loan only has a role-play purpose. There's a number there that you gotta zero.
I'll trigger an impound of your ship on the station if it gets too large - IF Crimes Has Consequences (CHC) is installed.

tomchk wrote:
Thu, 25. Mar 21, 23:06
...Let me know if you need ideas for missions one could take from onboard an allied carrier. :)
I thought of an easy way to implement what you were suggesting in regards to making missions more "tactile" and less menu-driven by making the player receive the mission from an NPC.
In multi-threaded missions, i can add an objective to "speak to an npc" at the start of any of the missions in the thread. The NPC could be in a station or in a capital ship. And sometimes in another multi-mission thread, you'll get the same NPC on the same station or capital ship.

E.g. after completing a satellite drop, and the next mission is an attack mission, the player will need to visit an npc to get the attack mission. They'll still see the mission specs, but the first objective is "speak to X". This is a quick way of leveraging what's already available from Egosoft's missions.

(Well ... i THINK I can do this.)

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 17:08

kuertee wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 16:57
tomchk wrote:
Thu, 25. Mar 21, 23:06
...Let me know if you need ideas for missions one could take from onboard an allied carrier. :)
I thought of an easy way to implement what you were suggesting in regards to making missions more "tactile" and less menu-driven by making the player receive the mission from an NPC.
In multi-threaded missions, i can add an objective to "speak to an npc" at the start of any of the missions in the thread. The NPC could be in a station or in a capital ship. And sometimes in another multi-mission thread, you'll get the same NPC on the same station or capital ship.

E.g. after completing a satellite drop, and the next mission is an attack mission, the player will need to visit an npc to get the attack mission. They'll still see the mission specs, but the first objective is "speak to X". This is a quick way of leveraging what's already available from Egosoft's missions.

(Well ... i THINK I can do this.)
That sounds pretty genius! I think the only issue that comes to mind is not important, but just a thought about "marketing": some people (mostly the "I hate space legs crowd") might get the impression that the mod would "add inconvenience." I think if it's described as a Wing Commander or X-Wing/TIE type approach, such people might not have the same knee-jerk. Hopefully. :)
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 14:51

With latest RAP version I'm able to connect to guild without being near station: https://i.imgur.com/0tyoBw3.png
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 08:07

I brought this up during the beta but I'm still having the problem after 4.0 release: I'm getting the "Transfer Crew" menu option whenever I use the Teleporter mod; it nearly soft locks the game because I can't get out of the menu (can't even hit Escape to remove it) and have to go into the map, then save, then re-load.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:22

kmunoz wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 08:07
I brought this up during the beta but I'm still having the problem after 4.0 release: I'm getting the "Transfer Crew" menu option whenever I use the Teleporter mod; it nearly soft locks the game because I can't get out of the menu (can't even hit Escape to remove it) and have to go into the map, then save, then re-load.
that's so weird. I've been using the transporter menu extensively (to use the escape pod) since I've been getting killed in my starting fighter as i play-tested my mods from start.

the only mods that changes the transporter room are listed below. without these, the transporter room changes in UIX are not even loaded.
but even if the transporter room changes are loaded, those changes are only callbacks. without the mods using those callbacks, the transporter room changes are essentially unchanged from the base game.
alternatives to death
high-sec rooms are locked
teleport from transporter room

do you have any of those installed?

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:25

Mycu wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 14:51
With latest RAP version I'm able to connect to guild without being near station: https://i.imgur.com/0tyoBw3.png
yeah, I've noticed the button is active even when not at the station sometimes.
did you try clicking on it?

in my experience when I see the button available, clicking on it only removes it.
the function checks any nearby station. and then checks for the guild offices.
if none of those are found, the button simply doesn't connect with the guild network.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:34

kuertee wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:25
did you try clicking on it?
yes - I clicked it in situation presented on the above image and it loaded 20 missions from two guilds.
It didn't disappear when I flew away.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 16:19

kuertee wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:22
alternatives to death
high-sec rooms are locked
teleport from transporter room

do you have any of those installed?
I don't have any of those installed, but I do have the escape teleport mod installed that dumps the player out into a pod. I don't know if it hooks into the same stuff - probably not? - but just in case, I will test without that to see if it has an interaction.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 16:26

kmunoz wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 16:19
I don't have any of those installed, but I do have the escape teleport mod installed that dumps the player out into a pod. I don't know if it hooks into the same stuff - probably not? - but just in case, I will test without that to see if it has an interaction.
yeah, i don't think that uses UIX.

you can check the log.
if "kuertee_ui_extensions.lua" is loaded, it should show up as something like this: "74980.85 kuertee_menu_transporter.init".
EDIT: IF "kuertee_menu_transporter" is loded ...

another test is to remove the "kuertee_ui_extensions\ui\kuertee_menu_transporter.lua" file.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 06:37

kuertee wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 16:26
you can check the log.
Sorry for the basic question, is the log always created or do I need to flip a switch? And either way, where do I find it? Will it be in the X4 install directory?

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 06:48

Kuertee, now that you have the more generic missions mod (which I love - for me X4 is all about the missions!), do you think it would be possible to mod in mission sorting? I'd love to be able to sort by faction, difficulty, credit reward, and time limit.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”